Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace not viable

2 Jun 2016, 14:05 PM

2 Jun 2016, 14:09 PM

So a wrost tiger ?

The idea it's to let the Tiger Ace be unique because it's only in one doctrine.At worst it's combat effectiveness should remain the same.But I'm inclined to increase it's price(720 MP 280 fuel or more)and without penalties or leave it's penalties as there are right now but increase it's damage(at least 240) and make his range 60.
2 Jun 2016, 14:12 PM

The idea it's to let the Tiger Ace be unique because it's only in one doctrine.At worst it's combat effectiveness should remain the same.But I'm inclined to increase it's price(720 MP 280 fuel or more)and without penalties or leave it's penalties as there are right now but increase it's damage(at least 240) and make his range 60.
bro look at his post there's no buff just nerf
2 Jun 2016, 14:21 PM

People still use this?

It makes no sense getting a slightly better tiger in exchange for nuking your economy permanently ( or as long as the tiger lives ), even at no fuel cost.

Also it just doesnt go with the ace theme anyways, Ace's should be a passive in the doctrine, allowing your normal tiger to scale into vet5 with the last 2 vets turning it into a DPS machine.

Aces should be earned, and paid at full cost, but with superior skill and management allow them become a true edge for your army, not a handicap.
2 Jun 2016, 14:45 PM

It is unique...

Its the only unit in-game which arrives at max vet and only heavy armor that is fuel free.

What you're asking is beta panther here, aka 2nd most overpowered thing that coh have ever seen right after first TA iteration.
2 Jun 2016, 14:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

The Ace is nothing special. Sure it cost no fuel but it also costs you the rest of the games resources if you keep it alive. 9/10 times I've seen it in 2v2's they die in the first 3-5 minutes they're out. 2 Comets can take on a TA with ease. They're a little more of a shock in 1v1's but I haven't enjoyed COH2 1v1's since WFA came out.
2 Jun 2016, 14:53 PM
Donator 11

I like the way it currently is. Call in the TA can makes you win, but the drawback is very important and you must consider it before you click on the button. ( Unlike most of the Heavy tanks where you just click on the button at the frame it becomes available )

Very risky, very decision-maker, but very powerful. I like it.

This, its ok guys, you just shouldn't treat it like you would a normal tiger.
2 Jun 2016, 14:53 PM

I suggest make Tiger ace 720 MP and 280 fuel,remove mp and fuel penalties
this
2 Jun 2016, 14:56 PM

Tiger Ace is amazing iWin button in right hands.

I really like no-fuel cost + penalties becasue it opens up way more strats in mid game.
2 Jun 2016, 15:19 PM

Tiger Ace is the "I'm about to lose but no" button. It allow you to play badly and then have second chance to win the match.
2 Jun 2016, 15:22 PM

Tiger Ace is amazing iWin button in right hands.

I really like no-fuel cost + penalties becasue it opens up way more strats in mid game.

Really?like what?i can't maintain or reinforce in time my grens or pz grens.If the games takes long enough,they will have 3x,4x my vehicles even if i don't lose my vehicles just because they will have more fuel than me and I will be crippled with +4 fuel per minute
2 Jun 2016, 15:24 PM

Really?like what?i can't maintain or reinforce in time my grens or pz grens.If the games takes long enough,they will have 3x,4x my vehicles even if i don't lose my vehicles just because they will have more fuel than me and I will be crippled with +4 fuel per minute

This called a strategical decision.

Wanna Tiger Ace? Think that you must end game quite fast.
Dont want penalties? Go for stock tanks or regular Tiger in other doctrine.
2 Jun 2016, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2016, 15:19 PMEsxile
Tiger Ace is the "I'm about to lose but no" button. It allow you to play badly and then have second chance to win the match.

How it's that possible?King tiger it's more"I'm about to lose but no"button.If I have infantry and no other vehicles,with King Tiger I can still have a change to buy me some time to hold some VPs or fuel points but with TA,he will be easy pray for TD and can't be an"I win button" like 1-2 years ago
2 Jun 2016, 15:31 PM

Also it just doesnt go with the ace theme anyways, Ace's should be a passive in the doctrine, allowing your normal tiger to scale into vet5 with the last 2 vets turning it into a DPS machine.

Aces should be earned, and paid at full cost, but with superior skill and management allow them become a true edge for your army, not a handicap.
I like this idea. The Tiger Ace is the only unit in the game that doesn´t level up*. And that is quite annoying. It takes out an element of the game. After all Relic didn´t want features that intervene with unit leveling. So a vet 3 Tiger right from the get go seems odd. It could be a regular tiger with the ability to earn additional vet levels.

* (except Opel Blitz, Sturmoffizier and Sdkfz 250.:snfPeter: )
2 Jun 2016, 15:32 PM

I suggest make Tiger ace 720 MP and 280 fuel,remove mp and fuel penalties
this

So remove the TA identity just to have a little boosted standard Tiger ? Isn't interesting imo.

The design of the TA call-in is pretty cool and unique, why should we remove that ?

And actually the TA isn't overperforming or underperforming, it's just a different call-in. It doesn't works like other heavies. And you can't call it the same way you call other heavies. That's why this unit is interesting.

* (except Opel Blitz, Sturmoffizier and Sdkfz 250.:snfPeter: )

And Goliath :snfPeter:
2 Jun 2016, 15:32 PM
Donator 11

The whole point of TA is to get it in correct moment, when your opponent thinks you are weak, attack him while he is unprepared and kill as many tanks as possible. It is important not to reveal your doctrine earlier so its good to have smoke on all 3 doctrines for example. Here are to ways of going further - you can either retreat it, repair and repeat attack or sacrifise it. You need to ballance to number of iterations so that it doesn't kill your economy but also kills enough enemy vehicles and possibly squads to make army size at least equal. Then you get another chance to win a game.

It is also important to note that the manpower-only comeback ability gives you a chance to go deep into t3. That is something you wouldn't normally do, just becouse you would need to gather fuel for a panther and its tech or tiger for the lategame. With TA you can live without it, once T3 is not enough and you are not in a loosing scenario (like in the first example) you just get the ace and suddenly you have huge army advantage. Usually you can use that to finish the game before your economy starts hurting you too much.
2 Jun 2016, 15:33 PM

This called a strategical decision.

Wanna Tiger Ace? Think that you must end game quite fast.
Dont want penalties? Go for stock tanks or regular Tiger in other doctrine.

Of course,I call the Tiger Ace and can win me the game in over 70% of the games I play.With 800 MP I can make 1 pak,2x grens and I will still have better changes.A good player will have At,mgs,mortars,It's not a yolo tank,destroy everything and win button.I don't want to call TA when the enemies have less than 50 VP points so I can be sure i don't lose.Think about this,in 5 minutes I can have 250-500MP with TA on the field and with it's penalties and in 10 minutes I will have 60 fuel.In that time a normal tiger will be at least vet 1 and also it will be supported by other vehicles.TA not viable at all vs normal tiger.
2 Jun 2016, 15:35 PM
Donator 11

Of course,I call the Tiger Ace and can win me the game in over 70% of the games I play.With 800 MP I can make 1 pak,2x grens and I will still have better changes.A good player will have At,mgs,mortars,It's not a yolo tank,destroy everything and win button.I don't want to call TA when the enemies have less than 50 VP points so I can be sure i don't lose.Think about this,in 5 minutes I can have 250-500MP with TA on the field and with it's penalties and in 10 minutes I will have 60 fuel.In that time a normal tiger will be at least vet 1 and also it will be supported by other vehicles.TA not viable at all vs normal tiger.

If it doesn't fit your playstyle you don't have to use that unit, commander or even a faction...
2 Jun 2016, 15:36 PM

Your logic is really somewhere next to shrimps in the sea.

If you don't like Tiger Ace and its features don't use it.
It's a fine unit which does not need any tweaks.
It's not OP, nor UP.
We know how penalties work so it's up to you if you want to call it or not.
If you don't want to call it and prefer regular Tiger, why are you still in this topic?
2 Jun 2016, 15:38 PM

If it doesn't fit your playstyle you don't have to use that unit, commander or even a faction...

It's a suicide past 1vs1 mode,only one you can build.The allied tanks are not inferior to TA so you can just rush them.Even in 1vs1 situations TA can't destroy every allied tank.Pershing,Comet,Is 2
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
unknown 30
Germany 333
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %