Login

russian armor

Good willed enemies of WW2

1 Jun 2016, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2016, 13:51 PMd0ggY

Because german and western allied front propaganda is strong

You could say that but its both when Japan or Soviets involved (Countries that didnt sign the geneva convention) these things become hard to find, I cant find Americans helping Japanese Soldiers or Germans helping Soviet Soldiers (unless its 1939 and theyre invading Poland together) when both America and Germany signed the geneva convention but there is Chiune Sugihara that I know of (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiune_Sugihara) but would you consider this helping the enemy?

When you look at World War 2 and read everything about it you have to admit the Eastern Front and the Pacific was much more Brutal than the Afican or Western Front
1 Jun 2016, 15:22 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Sometimes it blows to think that the war involved more than this polished little simulation that we subscribe ourselves to. Volksgrenadiers were comprised of the elderly and the young. Soldiers don't run on a health bar; if you get hit, you could be crippled for life. White phosphorus and flamethrowers actually burned people alive.

;-;
3 Jun 2016, 01:33 AM

You could say that but its both when Japan or Soviets involved (Countries that didnt sign the geneva convention) these things become hard to find, I cant find Americans helping Japanese Soldiers or Germans helping Soviet Soldiers (unless its 1939 and theyre invading Poland together) when both America and Germany signed the geneva convention but there is Chiune Sugihara that I know of (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiune_Sugihara) but would you consider this helping the enemy?

When you look at World War 2 and read everything about it you have to admit the Eastern Front and the Pacific was much more Brutal than the Afican or Western Front

Russian and Germans hated each other, Americans considered Japanese inferior savages and Japanese considered Americans huge evil demons.
3 Jun 2016, 01:51 AM

The Pacific was horrific compared to the Eastern Theatre and unspeakable compared to the Afrika Theatre.
Irwin Rommel is one of the more outstanding human beings during the conflict.
He treated his counterparts with civility and chivalry

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2016, 15:22 PMwouren
Sometimes it blows to think that the war involved more than this polished little simulation that we subscribe ourselves to. Volksgrenadiers were comprised of the elderly and the young.
;-;

Actually you are incorrect.
The volks you are thinking are actually Volksstrum
Volksgrenadiers were actually Grenadiers renamed to build morale

Russian and Germans hated each other, Americans considered Japanese inferior savages and Japanese considered Americans huge evil demons.

+1.

I dont have the photo, but I saw one a while ago where a Sherman tank crew had a decapitated Japanese soldiers head on their tank... Just goes to show how much they hated one another.
3 Jun 2016, 03:54 AM

Bruh if you are going to quote wikipedia, read the articles first.

The Pacific was horrific compared to the Eastern Theatre and unspeakable compared to the Afrika Theatre.
Irwin Rommel is one of the more outstanding human beings during the conflict.
He treated his counterparts with civility and chivalry

!Rommel became a larger than life figure in both Allied and Nazi propaganda; following the war, that image coalesced into the Rommel myth, a view that he was an apolitical, brilliant commander and a victim of the Third Reich due to his (now disputed) participation in the 20 July plot. Wikipedia

Actually you are incorrect.
The volks you are thinking are actually Volksstrum
Volksgrenadiers were actually Grenadiers renamed to build morale

!They were organized around small cadres of hardened veteran soldiers, NCOs and officers, and then bulked out with anything the Replacement Army could supply: "jobless" personnel of the shrinking Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe, wounded soldiers from broken formations returning to duty from hospitals, older men who would have been considered too old or too unfit for the peacetime army and teenagers were recruited into the ranks. Wikipedia

Sorry, I don't hate you, you've just happened to be wrong a few times lately. Will delete my post for you if you fix yours.

3 Jun 2016, 04:31 AM

@wouren:
I'm not gonna get into semantics argument here.
I've had enough people piss me off today on the smallest of the small details.

OP, apologies for derailing your thread.
If I come across any other such examples, I will share them.
3 Jun 2016, 04:43 AM

@wouren:
I'm not gonna get into semantics argument here.
I've had enough people piss me off today on the smallest of the small details.

OP, apologies for derailing your thread.
If I come across any other such examples, I will share them.

If you say so. Do you want me to delete my comment? I would request that you read it carefully in its entirety before you ask me to do so.
3 Jun 2016, 05:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2016, 09:02 AMDuffman
German pilot saves bomber crew

Right in the feels, what an amazing story!
3 Jun 2016, 06:36 AM
Donator 11

Some of these stories that have no proof (pictures, videos etc.) could be fake but many are also real and finding out about these men doesnt matter who they fought for is always a very fun interesting read about them and what they did, cause you have to remember that helping the enemy is always pretty risky to pull off.

On a side note when I do look for stories like these its always on the Western front that I find the majority of these stories its alot harder to find ones that happened in the Eastern front or the Pacific

In case of germans it's really not hard to explain. Firstly, when fighting in winter, there often wasn't even enough resources to help all wounded germans or bury the dead ones. And secondly, western front was often considered a reward, while the eastern one was considered a punishment. This doesn't in any way mean that eastern front wehrmacht soldiers were bad, but most people following old code of honour were found in western front.

Another thing is that while american soldiers were fighting a distant war, for theoretically, higher couse, russians were fighting for their country, on the edge of loosing it, its understandable that they didn't pay as much respect to the germans as americans did.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★