Login

russian armor

Bofors opinion poll

29 May 2016, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2016, 15:26 PMsinthe

AT guns are the counters to most other emplacements and buildings. I know this because thats what everyone uses to kill my okw trucks.
And OKW trucks have more range to cover a larger area, more health, AND pinning to snare any infantry that comes into range. On top of this the schwerer is just a tech building meaning you still have an full army to protect it. While the bofors costs both teching and the cost of the unit, meaning you have less units to actually assault besieging units with.

The bofors needs to contribute something to it's defense, maybe that doesn't need to be outright countering the counters themselves, but otherwise all the all the german player needs to do is simply buy a single cheap 240mp mortar squad and defend it and the brit player has to somehow beat it with a much lower unit count. The bofors will pretty much die every time and then there goes the brit players entire midgame.
29 May 2016, 20:39 PM

Wow guys. I'm the only one who chose option 4? Be more honest with yourselves, I KNOW there are plenty of you out there. Kappa
29 May 2016, 20:43 PM

It's fine. I fear the AEC more than I fear the Bofors.
29 May 2016, 21:09 PM

Price it like Leif 600 MP

and make it same effective
29 May 2016, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2016, 07:21 AMCrystal

Because, at the moment, without it, the Bofors is totally useless and unplayable.

If you remove this ability, you need to seriously buff others stats ( like range first ), or seriously reduce its cost because it would be easily destroyed by any AT gun. ( which is an >Anti-Tank< gun, not an Anti-Emplacement gun )

We talk about balancing here, not about murdering a unit because you don't want to play against.

Fine, give compensatory buffs, maybe a bit more HP but no indirect fire for an excellent direct fire unit please.
Kri
29 May 2016, 22:06 PM

Its too cheap for what it does, so nerf. Cost increase or stats nerf. Maybe make the barriage ability cost like 20 muni. Not too expensive but not free either.
30 May 2016, 07:53 AM

The Bofors has some stuff that needs to be tweaked:

- Free Barrage
- Insanely good accuracy even on retreating units
- Cheap cost

IMO changing two of these three seems reasonable to me so I would suggest making the barrage 30 - 50 munitions and lower the accuracy to the same as the Schwerer Panzer HQ.
30 May 2016, 09:37 AM

No fun to play agaisnt okw aa. No fun to play have nothing in common with balance.
30 May 2016, 13:10 PM

My solution to the bofors is as follows:
Give it minimum range
Remove the either/or tech to allow bofors and aecon to be used

30 May 2016, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 09:37 AMNEVEC
No fun to play have nothing in common with balance.

Aaaand /thread.
31 May 2016, 00:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2016, 17:56 PMsinthe
I've never referred to the brits as cancer.

I agree that the brits need some love.

I mostly play OKW and don't schreck blob.

Play OKW

Don't Shrek Blob

You can only pick one :snfPeter:
31 May 2016, 09:50 AM

I think it just needs to lose the barrage and needs to be able to be decrewed - just like all the other emplacements.
31 May 2016, 09:55 AM

And OKW trucks have more range to cover a larger area, more health, AND pinning to snare any infantry that comes into range. On top of this the schwerer is just a tech building meaning you still have an full army to protect it. While the bofors costs both teching and the cost of the unit, meaning you have less units to actually assault besieging units with.

The bofors needs to contribute something to it's defense, maybe that doesn't need to be outright countering the counters themselves, but otherwise all the all the german player needs to do is simply buy a single cheap 240mp mortar squad and defend it and the brit player has to somehow beat it with a much lower unit count. The bofors will pretty much die every time and then there goes the brit players entire midgame.

How can the OKW trucks be brought into this? Get an AT gun and shoot it from range. It can't barrage and counter it's counter. Also it costs 300MP and 135 fuel and you can only build 1.

You can't counter with a mortar if the person has a brain - they just use the barrage and kill the mortar - or they have a mortar pit of their own.

Brits get two howitzers for teching, USF gets free squads (one of which can call in recon and arty). OKW gets a base it CAN set up outside it's base sector although dangerous.
31 May 2016, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2016, 09:55 AMSchmitz

How can the OKW trucks be brought into this? Get an AT gun and shoot it from range. It can't barrage and counter it's counter. Also it costs 300MP and 135 fuel and you can only build 1.

You can't counter with a mortar if the person has a brain - they just use the barrage and kill the mortar - or they have a mortar pit of their own.

Brits get two howitzers for teching, USF gets free squads (one of which can call in recon and arty). OKW gets a base it CAN set up outside it's base sector although dangerous.

1. Place Schwerer behind shot blocker. It's a building with extra free flak on it.
2. Brain, right? If you hear barrage, use brain and insta move mortar few meters away - barrage is then on cooldown so you can out-brain your enemy.
3. OKW bonuses are currently a way ahead of free squad or useless howies.
31 May 2016, 11:18 AM

Seriously guys, its needs buffs, how come it doesnt kill panthers and tigers? i mean its not like they are the only things that the bofors cant delete from existence.

Bofors should be a hardcounter to coh2... oh wait..
31 May 2016, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2016, 08:02 AMZyswen
just remove attack ground on bofor and make limited 1 :thumb:

+ reduce the barrage area. would be great
31 May 2016, 14:41 PM

It's (still) useless in 1v1.
31 May 2016, 14:49 PM

In my opinion the BOFORS is mosty okay(the barrage does need some tweaking), but the problem is the mandatory mortar pit that always supports it. Take that out of the equation, and the bofors is not such a big issue anymore, seeing that most indirect fire or attack ground will at some point force the brit player to brace, and then you move in.
31 May 2016, 15:28 PM

Seriously guys, its needs buffs, how come it doesnt kill panthers and tigers? i mean its not like they are the only things that the bofors cant delete from existence.

Bofors should be a hardcounter to coh2... oh wait..

I think it should destroy ostheer hq from half of the map.
31 May 2016, 19:08 PM

Bofors clearly needs to be buffed. There has to be another choice for blind people playing coh2 other than picking the cancer doctrine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★