Login

russian armor

Light Vehicle Adjustments

26 May 2016, 10:26 AM

Feeling like some of the lighter vehicles in the game could do with a bit of a buff:

First, I think all halftracks should have 320 health and an armour value of about 25-ish. Stats are all over the place for these vehicles right now and I think giving most of them a bit of a buff would be a good idea as they generally aren't very popular (unless using the Quad Gun). For instance, the USF M3 halftrack (Mechanized Doctrine) apparently only has 200 health and 5.4 armour. In comparison, the Soviet M5 halftrack has 28.5 armour (which is actually better than a Puma) and 320 health. These changes would mostly just make the vehicles better defended against infantry small-arms without really altering the effectiveness of anti-tank weapons against them.

Second, everybody agrees that the M8 Greyhound sucks. I'm going to suggest, to start off, that it gets the Stuart light tank gun (so a bit more damage and slightly better accuracy).

Third, I think the Ostheer Armoured Car needs a penetration nerf. It currently has a penetration value of 35 at all ranges and I'm going to suggest that this be reduced to 25/20/15, which is the same as the 2cm cannon on the Luchs (personally I'd like to see the Armoured Car get exactly the same gun stats as the Luchs as an experiment, but I'm not 100% sure how that would make it perform). This change would not affect the performance of the Armoured Car against units like the Bren Carrier or M20 at all, but it would make it a bit less effective against stuff like the AEC and T-70 (which I don't think it's really meant to be fighting).
29 May 2016, 06:43 AM

Permanently Banned
LOL Same gun as luchs. Reminds me of PE armored cars in coh1. That was hands down my favorite unit. I'm sure most would not allow that for such a cheap unit. THe AI would be too good. I'd agree that the cost may be a bit low, but the armor penetration should remain cuz ost struggles a lot against light vehicles as schrecks are not as accessible. And hell one at nade is basically the end of the armored car. If the 222 can't damage light vehicles, no one would get it. And it is a risk trying to kill aa halftrack, quad gun halftracks as the 222 has an equal chance of getting knocked out too before finishing off the enemy vehicle. And you'd need at least 2 222s against t 70 and 3 against aec in my exp. 222 must get rear armor shot on these two vehicles to get reliable penetration.
29 May 2016, 08:01 AM

The vehicles are interesting and have always been a point of contention in the faction dynamics. The issue is always the same, light vehicles represent a transition phase out of the initial infantry skirmishes and for halftracks especially, units designed to add nuance and flexibility to infantry, they are themselves outmoded just by the nature of when they arrive. If there was another tier of units before 222's/t70's AEC's et, all. Perhaps they would be able to contribute to more than just niche roles.
29 May 2016, 08:33 AM

"Make light machines even more OP then already they are"
/thread fixed

Dude, you don't understand that light vehicles need nerf with their performance? Although USF M3 and greyhound could receive buff, rest like T-70 with his mighty power wipe (axis infantry got tendency to stack on retreat) and M5 Stuart supported by Pershing which has power to stun and make engine damage are seriously OP for their cost and should be somehow nerfed
29 May 2016, 09:47 AM

If there was another tier of units before 222's/t70's AEC's et, all. Perhaps they would be able to contribute to more than just niche roles.
Ost tier two comes close imo. 222 is in a weird place right now and isn't really performing the role I believe it was actually intended to perform.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2016, 08:33 AMFrost
"Make light machines even more OP then already they are"
/thread fixed

Dude, you don't understand that light vehicles need nerf with their performance? Although USF M3 and greyhound could receive buff, rest like T-70 with his mighty power wipe (axis infantry got tendency to stack on retreat) and M5 Stuart supported by Pershing which has power to stun and make engine damage are seriously OP for their cost and should be somehow nerfed
I'm aware of this. Ost is obviously going to struggle a great deal against Allied lights if the 222 gets a pen nerf.

One thing I've sort of wondered about is the possibility of using a target table to improve the accuracy of AT guns against light vehicles, possibly even to a point where they virtually never miss (just vs. lights though). Right now there's a lot of RNG at play in these situations that has the potential to decide games and I'd be interested in seeing that factor be reduced.
29 May 2016, 12:16 PM

222 is a soft AT with some AI power to harass/protect flanks
Luch is a hard AI with some AT power

222 was there to counter the M3 at the beginning, not to deal AI damage. AI damage is performed by the HMG42/sniper/mortar/Grem/Pzgren/251
29 May 2016, 12:51 PM

221 was created to do damage against infantry. Shame It was remove, could be just ez buffed
Hux
29 May 2016, 14:33 PM
Patrion 14

Removing the 221 was a terrible idea. The 222 is fine, it might even be a tad too good. In my opinion the 222s strength should be largely made up but its speed and manoeuvrability (not like the armoured shopping trolley it is now).

AT guns being able to hit light vehicles almost all the time would be equally ridiculous. It goes against the advantages of light vehicles being more mobile and smaller targets. Sure, if an anti tank gun hits them it should do serious damage but they shouldn't hit them every time. If light vehicles need to be blanket nerfed then that should be done by altering them all, not putting a dirty 'fix' in by changing other unit mechanics.

Stop giving relic ideas!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS