Login

russian armor

How to counter the British "I win" abilities

25 May 2016, 11:17 AM

Plus, there is Strategy Section for such threads.

Just saying...

Still, I wonder where were your tanks agasint 4 Cromwells. Where was your fuel?
25 May 2016, 12:45 PM

Just as a reminder, the UKF is designed to get stronger as the game progresses. As such, although you were able to hold him your power curve had topped out and his was still growing.

No current Brit arty is game winning in and of itself right now.

Either prepare for the long game earlier, or win faster.

Hard to say more without replays as you have already seen.
25 May 2016, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 08:16 AMSvanh

Exactly what commander and abilities the other player was using depend on the stun/critical ability you mentioned.

The first (most likely) possibility is that the UKF player had a vet 1 sniper, which would allow him to stun/critical one of your tanks. The strafe would then be, as kitekaze mentioned, from the Vanguard Operations Regiment Strafing Support or Special Weapons Regiment Hold The Line. Countering the stun ability is simply a matter of killing any snipers, while both of the strafe abilities cannot target units that your enemy cannot see. You can also simply move out of the AOE, but that isn't practical with a pak40 wall.

The second possibility is that the UKF player was using the Tactical Support Regiment. The stun/critical comes from the Artillery Cover ability and can be countered by moving out of the AOE, making the enemy lose line of sight on your units or keeping your units moving. The strafe ability in this case would come from the Forward Observation Post. This is extremely unlikely as the FOP costs 300 manpower and 60 fuel, requires an ambient building, and doesn't give any benefit beyond a strafe, recon plane, artillery strike and smoke artillery.

Hope this helped. Good luck! :)

thank you this helped!
26 May 2016, 02:41 AM

Everything everyone has said is totally valid, but I'm just going to say play as the UKF.

That way, you're not wasting time trying to remember what someone said about Tactical Support or Vanguard, etc....you'll know it instinctively and first-hand.

This will also help you learn different playstyles, and give you some insight on how to beat UKF, if you lose to Axis, and overall improve your enjoyment of the game. After all, there's more than one faction out there.
26 May 2016, 02:42 AM

PS. don't call them "I win" abilities". They're not.
26 May 2016, 06:46 AM

Everything everyone has said is totally valid, but I'm just going to say play as the UKF.

That way, you're not wasting time trying to remember what someone said about Tactical Support or Vanguard, etc....you'll know it instinctively and first-hand.

This will also help you learn different playstyles, and give you some insight on how to beat UKF, if you lose to Axis, and overall improve your enjoyment of the game. After all, there's more than one faction out there.

I play only one faction?
27 May 2016, 01:44 AM

I play only one faction?

Perhaps not, but the implication in your original post is that you have little to no experience playing the UKF.
27 May 2016, 07:52 AM

Perhaps not, but the implication in your original post is that you have little to no experience playing the UKF.

I have played them, I just don't know every commander by my head. That doesn't mean I only play one faction or don't play UKF at all..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★