Login

russian armor

How to counter the British "I win" abilities

24 May 2016, 15:07 PM

So I had this very exciting and tense game just now vs a Brit player. I used a tactic that relied heavily on pak 40s, mg42s and a lot of panzer grenadiers supported by pioneers with flamethrowers and a Lehf for the mortar pits and fortified positions.

The game was very exciting and tense as I said, since we developed a stalemate. Everytime we fought I beated him back and so did he with me. But in the late game when I hitted critical mass with 3 pak 40s, he could only beat me back when he used this certain ability that had multilpe strafing aircraft that were very powerful. I couldn't really do anything against this ability since the guy had 4 cromwells that charged in as soon as my other soldiers and weapons had to retreat or otherwise they would be killed. I made an Ostwind but the tanks simply swarmed it and killed it whilst I had to reposition my pak40s or see them killed. I placed multiple teller mines, but one tank would hit them and the other 3 could still move in and create damage.

He kept using this kind of attack untill he chipped away my last 100 victory points, he only had about a 100 left too. I didn't use tanks as the brits have this other ability that instantly gives my tanks some kind of stun or other critical damage, yet another ability that I can't really counter. How do you counter these abilities besides winning before this ability gets ready to use by the British player?
24 May 2016, 15:16 PM

Post a replay and someone might be able to help you
24 May 2016, 15:22 PM

All ima gonna say is from what I learnt you gotta beat Brits early in the game, abuse his weakness ( no snares) and build light vehicles to obtain and maintain map control, snipers also be useful cause at the start of the game he being take 25% of a squad with each shot (watch out for counter snipers), other than that post a replay and some hero will help you out.
24 May 2016, 15:26 PM

So... He used some off map to force you to move your paks and then he rushed with Cromwells?

Seems like a reasonable tactic, not "iWin"

Of he had 4 Cromwells, where were your Stugs, PzIV, PzV or PzVI?
24 May 2016, 15:28 PM

So I had this very exciting and tense game just now vs a Brit player. I used a tactic that relied heavily on pak 40s, mg42s and a lot of panzer grenadiers supported by pioneers with flamethrowers and a Lehf for the mortar pits and fortified positions.

The game was very exciting and tense as I said, since we developed a stalemate. Everytime we fought I beated him back and so did he with me. But in the late game when I hitted critical mass with 3 pak 40s, he could only beat me back when he used this certain ability that had multilpe strafing aircraft that were very powerful. I couldn't really do anything against this ability since the guy had 4 cromwells that charged in as soon as my other soldiers and weapons had to retreat or otherwise they would be killed. I made an Ostwind but the tanks simply swarmed it and killed it whilst I had to reposition my pak40s or see them killed. I placed multiple teller mines, but one tank would hit them and the other 3 could still move in and create damage.

He kept using this kind of attack untill he chipped away my last 100 victory points, he only had about a 100 left too. I didn't use tanks as the brits have this other ability that instantly gives my tanks some kind of stun or other critical damage, yet another ability that I can't really counter. How do you counter these abilities besides winning before this ability gets ready to use by the British player?

There are two abilities of strafing aircraft, one is typhoon strafe and rocket, which are typical and dodge easily. Don't bunch up (blob) your pak40, use one to cover another and it will be fine. Even you lose one of your pak40, your opponent cannot risk his tank unless he want to lose his as well.

The other one is Hold the Line, which requires you stay on enemy territory after ability activating for 30s. If you were hit by this one, then you were completely outplayed by your opponent and deserve a lose.

And if your opponent got 4 Cromwells while you only had an Ostwind, you know that something is wrong.

In the end, post the replay to ask other people analyze your lose and how
24 May 2016, 15:36 PM

Replay or never happened.
24 May 2016, 15:45 PM

Sounds like you picked a low-mobility build and he exploited that. I think those builds are quite misleading--they are extremely strong against the Brits for the first half of the game, but they tend to fall apart once the later off maps hit the field.
24 May 2016, 15:49 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Replay or never happened.

+1 :thumbsup:
24 May 2016, 16:07 PM

Need replay for credibility of claim.
24 May 2016, 16:08 PM

I don't save replays because of performance issues.. So nobody will offer help then? Oke too bad
24 May 2016, 16:38 PM

Beating 4 cromwells without tanks of your own is gonna be tough. Build stugs, they are cost effective against cromwells.

Fighting 4 Cromwells without tanks is like trying to fight a KT and a P4 with an army that doesn't have Any tanks.

Not building tanks due to artillery cover is a horrible idea.
24 May 2016, 17:35 PM

I don't save replays because of performance issues.. So nobody will offer help then? Oke too bad

Isn't the last match you played automatically temporarily saved as a replay?
24 May 2016, 17:48 PM

yeah. it's the temp.rec in the My Documents / My Games / Coh2 / playback folder.
24 May 2016, 18:05 PM

yeah. it's the temp.rec in the My Documents / My Games / Coh2 / playback folder.

I followed this online guide that disabled the playback folder functionality all together. This means that if you try to use any of these files, they do not work on any computer with company of heroes two, they are always corrupted..

gives me about 6 fps plus though!
24 May 2016, 18:10 PM

So, in conclusion, you got terribly outplayed by a better player and you decided to inform us that you have had a good game?
24 May 2016, 18:13 PM
Donator 11

1. Revert your changes
2. Upload a future replay
2. Post replay here for feedback: Replay Reviews

This will allow people to provide accurate feedback based on the match. No one can help you based on a rough description of the match. Sorry just the way it is...
24 May 2016, 18:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you want proper guidance, you must have a replay for other to analyse.

How was the mp war (spenditure, attrition)
How aggresive/passive you were.
Veterancy levels
Munition spenditure
Army composition

You can't really make an analysis by only taking into account your side of the story. You tend to miss lots of things happening which can only be seen on a replay.
24 May 2016, 19:15 PM

1. Revert your changes
2. Upload a future replay
2. Post replay here for feedback: Replay Reviews

This will allow people to provide accurate feedback based on the match. No one can help you based on a rough description of the match. Sorry just the way it is...
'

Okay I will do those things thanks
24 May 2016, 19:17 PM

If you want proper guidance, you must have a replay for other to analyse.

How was the mp war (spenditure, attrition)
How aggresive/passive you were.
Veterancy levels
Munition spenditure
Army composition

You can't really make an analysis by only taking into account your side of the story. You tend to miss lots of things happening which can only be seen on a replay.

Yes sir
25 May 2016, 08:16 AM

Exactly what commander and abilities the other player was using depend on the stun/critical ability you mentioned.

The first (most likely) possibility is that the UKF player had a vet 1 sniper, which would allow him to stun/critical one of your tanks. The strafe would then be, as kitekaze mentioned, from the Vanguard Operations Regiment Strafing Support or Special Weapons Regiment Hold The Line. Countering the stun ability is simply a matter of killing any snipers, while both of the strafe abilities cannot target units that your enemy cannot see. You can also simply move out of the AOE, but that isn't practical with a pak40 wall.

The second possibility is that the UKF player was using the Tactical Support Regiment. The stun/critical comes from the Artillery Cover ability and can be countered by moving out of the AOE, making the enemy lose line of sight on your units or keeping your units moving. The strafe ability in this case would come from the Forward Observation Post. This is extremely unlikely as the FOP costs 300 manpower and 60 fuel, requires an ambient building, and doesn't give any benefit beyond a strafe, recon plane, artillery strike and smoke artillery.

Hope this helped. Good luck! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 1
Germany 644
unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L