Login

russian armor

SU-85; The Thread

PAGES (24)down
2 Sep 2013, 11:07 AM

I love how you can't do shit against those 10 Su85 camping everywhere in teamgames. Really nothing. The new influence of fuelcost on populationcap even amplifies this, because the Soviets can still spam tons of su85 while the Ostheer can get a maximum of 3 heavy tanks which already gives you a lack of infantry.
7 Sep 2013, 06:26 AM

team games are still SU85 spam!
7 Sep 2013, 08:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 11:07 AMgeist
I love how you can't do shit against those 10 Su85 camping everywhere in teamgames. Really nothing. The new influence of fuelcost on populationcap even amplifies this, because the Soviets can still spam tons of su85 while the Ostheer can get a maximum of 3 heavy tanks which already gives you a lack of infantry.

Panzerschrecks = SU 85 gone...you're welcome
7 Sep 2013, 08:27 AM

Panzerschrecks = SU 85 gone...you're welcome

Two snipers = free shreks for Shock Troops or Guards. Panzerschreks are not the answer when Soviet still have uncounterable snipers.
7 Sep 2013, 10:06 AM

Have you tried sending Panzerschrecks at several su85? The only thing they do is rubbing their bellies on the ground, because they are getting shot at by su85 from miles away. Elephant is the answer, but it's doctrinal. Or a good flank, but sometimes that is impossible.
7 Sep 2013, 10:13 AM

Two snipers = free shreks for Shock Troops or Guards. Panzerschreks are not the answer when Soviet still have uncounterable snipers.

Uncounterable snipers? :))...this is fun,really...you can counter snipers with your Heavy Machinegun 42,which has sniper range,LoL
You're welcome again...oh and about Panzerschrecks,nope again,wiped out with artillery three PGrens all with schrecks and guess what,not a single one on the ground
@geist 2 Pgren squads and SU 85 is gone in...20 seconds at best?
7 Sep 2013, 14:08 PM

2 Pgren squads and SU 85 is gone in...20 seconds at best?
In a vacuum maybe. Infantry will eat PG´s as their anti infantry abilities are crippled with the Schrecks.

I´ve been used to the stupid range of the "stock" Su-85. Yet there are two things that are still annoying as hell:

1) The bulletin lets the Su-85 have even more range than Paks
2) As if that was not enough shots bounce from it´s front armor on a regular basis.

If it has insane range then it should be a GLASS CANNON. Yet you see Panzer IV shots not penetrating quite often.
7 Sep 2013, 14:37 PM

Not if you use the new insant pin Strafe Run so infantry won't eat PGrens
About it's range I've been waiting to say this for a long time,every german player telling me this when T 34 was paper glass against Panzer 4...You got to flank it...Or you can circle around it with your 120 km/h blitzkrieg tanks that even when they have engine damage,they still go faster than a Lamborghini Gallardo :D:D
7 Sep 2013, 17:07 PM

damaged engines reduce vehicle speed with a .4 modifier. blitzkrieg gives a 2 modifier. that means even with blitz, vehicles with engine damage only move at .8 of their normal speed. i had no idea lambos were so slow.

also, snipers have 5 more range than mgs. setting up an mg to fight snipers and su85s is a horrible suggestion. its outranged by both of them. waste of mp and, worst case, you just gave the soviets a free mg42. then, those pgrens are going to have a much harder time walking up to the su85s
7 Sep 2013, 18:12 PM

Shrecks would work against the SU85 if it didn't snipe infantry so effectively.
7 Sep 2013, 18:15 PM

Uncounterable snipers? :))...this is fun,really...you can counter snipers with your Heavy Machinegun 42,which has sniper range,LoL
You're welcome again...oh and about Panzerschrecks,nope again,wiped out with artillery three PGrens all with schrecks and guess what,not a single one on the ground
@geist 2 Pgren squads and SU 85 is gone in...20 seconds at best?

Counter snipers with MG42s? Really?
7 Sep 2013, 20:49 PM

My only complaint about SU-85 still is its effect on infantry - it has way more infantry killing accuracy than something like the M10 from vCoH and the knockback effect as well makes using Gren faust/PG Shrek difficult against anyone who can find the reverse key. People use them to counter MG42s even. If their accuracy vs. infantry was reduced (they'd still have crush) I think they'd be pretty balanced.
8 Sep 2013, 04:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2013, 18:15 PMlink0

Counter snipers with MG42s? Really?

Hate to break it to you but yes you cand counter even snipers with MG-42,tried killing an setup MG with snipers,guess what?After the first shot,sniper got surpressed with one member killed...you were saying?
8 Sep 2013, 17:23 PM

Hate to break it to you but yes you cand counter even snipers with MG-42,tried killing an setup MG with snipers,guess what?After the first shot,sniper got surpressed with one member killed...you were saying?

And thats why your name is "joker" ... maybe you should change it to Russian joker since your obvious bias shows when you claim mg42 can be used against a sniper LOL

This ia thread on Su85 NOT MG42 so take your communist loving whines elsewhere thank you.
8 Sep 2013, 18:57 PM

And thats why your name is "joker" ... maybe you should change it to Russian joker since your obvious bias shows when you claim mg42 can be used against a sniper LOL

This ia thread on Su85 NOT MG42 so take your communist loving whines elsewhere thank you.

But I like my communist whines where they are thank you...and from what I see from your name and afirmation,you are one of those "unbiased" players that play Soviets and Germans too?
8 Sep 2013, 19:12 PM

Not just the MG42 but the maxim as well. If you try to fire from within their arc they actually have the same range. I've killed several enemy snipers this way on both sides.
8 Sep 2013, 19:17 PM

well i try not to be bias. i prefer to let the stats speak for themselves. that being said, mg42 is not a counter to snipers. mg42 has a 3 second set up time. soviet snipers fire at most 10 seconds apart. that means youll probably lose half your squad in the time you walk forward, set up, try to shoot, and then hit retreat. plus snipers have 50 range and 50 sight. mg42 has 45 range and 35 sight. the sniper will see and shoot the mg42 without the mg even seeing the sniper. even if the mg sees the sniper, a good soviet would have that sniper just out of its range, but still killing the mg.

Not just the MG42 but the maxim as well. If you try to fire from within their arc they actually have the same range. I've killed several enemy snipers this way on both sides.

emphasis on IF. you shouldnt be within that arc, because snipers have 5 more range
8 Sep 2013, 20:13 PM

But I like my communist whines where they are thank you...and from what I see from your name and afirmation,you are one of those "unbiased" players that play Soviets and Germans too?

yeah I do play both Im lvl100 about 300 wins as Germans and 150 as Soviets.

And unlike your obvious bias mixed with sarcastic bullshit in every post I see a problem in the current Su85. A 115 fuel 320mp unit capable of mauling even the most expensive German tank while being able to snipe PaK's (with range bulletin) plus being able to reverse away faster than most German tanks forward speed means something is drastically wrong.

This is a thread about SU85 NOT MG42 .....

8 Sep 2013, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2013, 19:17 PMwooof
well i try not to be bias. i prefer to let the stats speak for themselves. that being said, mg42 is not a counter to snipers. mg42 has a 3 second set up time. soviet snipers fire at most 10 seconds apart. that means youll probably lose half your squad in the time you walk forward, set up, try to shoot, and then hit retreat. plus snipers have 50 range and 50 sight. mg42 has 45 range and 35 sight. the sniper will see and shoot the mg42 without the mg even seeing the sniper. even if the mg sees the sniper, a good soviet would have that sniper just out of its range, but still killing the mg.

emphasis on IF. you shouldnt be within that arc, because snipers have 5 more range

MGs in buildings have larger LOS. The 5 range differential can occasionally get a sniper left alone to weed out an MG into trouble on account of auto-cover seeking and jumping forwards a bit to shoot and stuff like that. I think the range difference should be a bit bigger personally.
8 Sep 2013, 20:16 PM

yeah I do play both Im lvl100 about 300 wins as Germans and 150 as Soviets.

And unlike your obvious bias mixed with sarcastic bullshit in every post I see a problem in the current Su85. A 115 fuel 320mp unit capable of mauling even the most expensive German tank while being able to snipe PaK's (with range bulletin) plus being able to reverse away faster than most German tanks forward speed means something is drastically wrong.

This is a thread about SU85 NOT MG42 .....

Who is whining now? :)
If it would nerf reverse speed on all vehicles(including German,let's be unbiased,no?),then I would agree with you
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS