Login

russian armor

Bugged squad movement

19 May 2016, 21:26 PM

It's often the case in the game, especially if you shift queue movement, squads will moved "spread out" as in 1 or 2 models will really far from the center of the squad. This bizarre behavior will mean weapon setup times are much longer or entering buildings takes an unnecessarily long time as all models have to get near the door.

This is a pretty onerous game tax on Ostheer especially since all of their squad sizes are small and this will often cost wipes.
19 May 2016, 22:19 PM

I'm not to sure what you mean here but I do know that shift ordering teamwapons (MG's) to cap points and then que another cap or move order, they will reach the cap order and ignore it, moving onto the next order in the que.
19 May 2016, 22:39 PM

I should make a gif or video to demonstrate and I will when I get the time. If it's any more clearer, in a 4 person squad, usually the 3 other models should follow the squad leader relatively closely depending on orders given. Something like:

x
x x
x

However, it's often the case that one or two models get "stuck" or fall behind for whatever reason. The the squad looks like this while on the move.

x
x ___________________________x
x

Repositioning them takes a ton of clicks and you often lose the stray guy and then it snowballs into having to retreat or losing the squad (in the case of an mg that starts to setup but never does because the squad is waiting for the 4th guy to get there).

I will try to find a video that reproduces this behavior to be clearer. It happens a lot when shift-queing and when the predetermined cover points in a certain area are very spread out.
19 May 2016, 22:57 PM

I like that straggler though. He's the only one that saves my vetted squad from being wiped from a mortar shell most of the time. :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★