Login

russian armor

[OKW] Possible alternatives for the MG42 call in

1 Jun 2016, 07:36 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2016, 07:26 AMSappi

Your point being..? That it shouldn't be used by OKW, since OKW is flavored as the later version of Ostheer?

We're not confined to history that much. It being a armored mobile suppression platform in gameplay terms is entirely plausible with regards to historical facts and vehicle weapon specifications.

Sure, there is some role overlap with FlaK HT, but that can only fire when stationary and is quite squishy.

The role overlap isn't with the flak, it's with the unit that is already in the game. I would much prefer something new and unique instead of a slightly crappier ostwind.
1 Jun 2016, 07:58 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2016, 07:36 AMwouren

The role overlap isn't with the flak, it's with the unit that is already in the game. I would much prefer something new and unique instead of a slightly crappier ostwind.

But the Ostwind doesn't really deal suppression, does it? I was thinking the Wirbel to be strong suppression, little dps, while Ostwind is mostly dps, but little suppression.

CoH 1 had room for both, though the Wirbel severely lacked the kick in that one.

A completely new unit would be good too, but they already have the model for the Wirbel so it's easy to incorporate. Rather that than some gimmicky and borderline useless new ability.
1 Jun 2016, 14:17 PM

I have a feeling that Fusilliers would make Fortification the most desired doctrine for OKW.

Would love to see them in this doctrine...
1 Jun 2016, 16:53 PM

What about supply trucks for extra resources?
Has to be something good since those two doctrines were usually picked mainly for their mg.
Or panzer tactician.
1 Jun 2016, 17:00 PM
Donator 11

I voted Riegels, love those mines and are always underused. Would be cool to see more of them.
Also making them not deploy from a HT would be a nice balance pass while not affecting balance of OKW by providing resource trucks or Hulldown (god hulldown jagtiger, holy cancer)
1 Jun 2016, 17:39 PM

Elite konigtiger ace

Just kidding, give them something like recon plane or hull down
16 Jun 2016, 21:29 PM

leFH and Stuka rec

/Thread.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L