Login

russian armor

Help with bridges

9 May 2016, 19:56 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

So I am having a problem on one of my maps and I am not sure how to proceed about fixing it.

I currently have a large bridge set piece in the middle of my map, and that is all it is supposed to be. A large set piece that doesn't interact with the map in any way other than being eyecandy/site blocker.

The problem is that even with the impass editor you can still repair the bridges, which is something that I don't want the players to be able to do, just because it ruins the set piece. The impass editor will work eventually, but it is a ludicrous amount of space between the engis/pios and the actual object and they can still repair. So my question is, are you able to edit the scar file to make it so the bridge isn't repairable. I have no experience with the scar files so any and all help is welcome, but I believe that this is the only route that I can go, without having to redo the entire middle portion of my map.
11 May 2016, 13:33 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

11 May 2016, 16:37 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Have you tried making it visual only and using various kinds of blocker objects to make it function correctly?
11 May 2016, 17:08 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Have you tried making it visual only and using various kinds of blocker objects to make it function correctly?

I saw you in my stream earlier. If you would've said something I could've shown you on the stream. FeelsBadMan

But yes, making it visual makes the bridge not destroyed anymore, one of the first things I tried. The bridge has to be in the destroyed state for it to work visually for the map, and currently painting the impass around the bridge (or placing objects) requires four squares of space on the tile, which is far to much for it work, or I would have done that.
11 May 2016, 17:30 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I'd start by trying
EGroup_SetSelectable(eg_bridge, false)

However that probably won't stop the AI from repairng it.
A proper solution would possibly be using an asset pack to ship a copy of the bridge, where health_ext->can_repair is disabled. Then you'd replace the bridge entity in runtime with the modded one.
11 May 2016, 17:35 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I'd start by trying
EGroup_SetSelectable(eg_bridge, false)

However that probably won't stop the AI from repairng it.
A proper solution would possibly be using an asset pack to ship a copy of the bridge, where health_ext->can_repair is disabled. Then you'd replace the bridge entity in runtime with the modded one.

So you in muh stream again. No words were said. FeelsBadMan.

Either way what you are talking about is completely foreign to me, I have never opened the scar files once for and dca editing.
11 May 2016, 17:49 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

What's the name of the bridge you are using?
11 May 2016, 17:59 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

bridge_25_stone_01_wrecked

Using 3 if that matters to you at all, all need the invulnerable work around that you mentioned.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 63
Germany 19
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak