Out tomorrow. I know there are some EU players about, who's keen on this?
Stellaris
8 May 2016, 21:05 PM
#1
Posts: 484
14 May 2016, 09:00 AM
#2
1 Posts: 4559 | Subs: 2
I have it and man this game has really impressed me. You can feel the talent and the inspired design behind the game, I am enjoying it so much! 

14 May 2016, 09:20 AM
#3
Posts: 1283 | Subs: 4
I've put about 12 hours into a campaign and haven't been particularly impressed. It's something I've been meaning to articulate.
*space reserved for future thoughts*
x
*space reserved for future thoughts*
x
15 May 2016, 11:49 AM
#4
Posts: 276
How is the mp-part of this game?
15 May 2016, 12:37 PM
#5
Posts: 612 | Subs: 1
The game is pretty buggy and not all that deep, however i know that paradox will continue the development process for a LONG time and improve the game tenfold, but right now its lackluster. Just got to give it time.
23 May 2016, 13:23 PM
#6
Posts: 309
Game is in dire need of a tonne of UI improvements and quality of life features. I can't recommend anyone to get this game until theres a couple of patches or the first expansion comes out. You'll have a much better first impression I promise you that.
It has a lot of potential though, shame paradox are really milking DLC now though =/. Just look at EU4.
It has a lot of potential though, shame paradox are really milking DLC now though =/. Just look at EU4.
23 May 2016, 14:23 PM
#7
Posts: 249
Game is in dire need of a tonne of UI improvements and quality of life features. I can't recommend anyone to get this game until theres a couple of patches or the first expansion comes out. You'll have a much better first impression I promise you that.
It has a lot of potential though, shame paradox are really milking DLC now though =/. Just look at EU4.
There is a difference between Milking DLC and Improving upon a game. As you used EU 4 as an example, i will too.
There is no Milking. The game was good when it came out, now it is amazing. Art of War Dlc, adding the thirty years war, the different leagues and making the HRE extremely more fun.
Conquest of Paradise, making colonizing actually fun, instead of tedious work.
Everyone saying that this should have been in the main game, dont fool yourself. A company can only pay for so much development in a niche game like these. And dont forget, for every DLC added, a ton of free upgrades improving existing features which you allready have paid for has been added. The development of this has to be financed somehow.
Look at EU 3 and EU 4. Thanks to the DLC system of Paradox it is a far far superior game, and Stellaris will in a few years be a game that cant be beaten for any newcomer in the 4x grand strategy market. Same goes for HoI 4. I just wish every company would do it that way

Back to Topic.
I love Stellaris, the base game at least. But its missing stuff. The mid game, as Paradox admitted themselves, is boring and missing stuff. I never reached late game, which should have some awesome stuff, cause mid just became tedious work.
The game is great, but need a few DLC´s and patches. More flavor events i hope

23 May 2016, 14:25 PM
#8
Posts: 258
Wait few months before playing the game while Paradox fixes all major bugs and adds more content and random situations, because currently game feels empty at mid-game stage.
It needs more events happening on colonies, more diplomatic options, better AI, better optimisation(the game lags in multiplayer), more scripted events, more anomalies, more stuff happening around, MORE WIN CONDITIONS(not only destroying all other races and capturing half of galaxy), more combat depth(combat formations, better battle report, ability to use some tactics).
Crusader Kings 2 did not have a lot of content at release either, but look at it now. I hope Paradox will not fail with Stellaris one cuz they did not fail before
It needs more events happening on colonies, more diplomatic options, better AI, better optimisation(the game lags in multiplayer), more scripted events, more anomalies, more stuff happening around, MORE WIN CONDITIONS(not only destroying all other races and capturing half of galaxy), more combat depth(combat formations, better battle report, ability to use some tactics).
Crusader Kings 2 did not have a lot of content at release either, but look at it now. I hope Paradox will not fail with Stellaris one cuz they did not fail before
23 May 2016, 18:43 PM
#9
Posts: 309
stuff
If you don't think $220 worth of DLC is over the top then I don't know what to say.
5 Jun 2016, 07:17 AM
#10
Posts: 46
Awesome game. So much fun with a group of friends in MP and actually stable! Hope HOI4 can achieve the multiplayer stability as well...
6 Jun 2016, 18:49 PM
#11
Posts: 1554 | Subs: 7
If you don't think $220 worth of DLC is over the top then I don't know what to say.
Waiting for -75% sales (or even better offers) for EUIV DLCs instead of instant purchases and only buying the meaningful DLCs like Art of War saved me a lot of money but still granted me the new improvements. You don't have to purchase every cosmetic or negligible DLC at full price at once. Some patience until the sales' inition will help for sure.
18 Jun 2016, 09:51 AM
#12
Posts: 484
You get what you pay for. Paradox are an unusual company who work in an unusual way, but their fans know this and are happy with the results. They don't do things like Civ, which shipped with fewer components than its predecessor, or like TW: Warhammer, which hides factions behind DLC.
While I would certainly agree that there games are therefore not cheap, you're paying for dev time, and you have to make a choice as to whether that is for you, or not.
While I would certainly agree that there games are therefore not cheap, you're paying for dev time, and you have to make a choice as to whether that is for you, or not.
PAGES (1)

1 user is browsing this thread:
1 guest
Livestreams
|
|
|
68 | ||
|
|
|
197 | ||
|
|
|
8 | ||
|
|
|
1 |
Ladders Top 10
-
#Steam AliasWL%Streak
- 1.485233.675+11
- 2.928244.792+22
- 3.619363.630+1
- 4.698418.625+12
- 5.1523816.651+1
- 6.830145.851+3
- 7.49370.876+17
- 8.256101.717+10
- 9.24866.790+1
- 10.371126.746+2
Replay highlight
VS
-
cblanco ★ -
보드카 중대
-
VonManteuffel -
Heartless Jäger
Einhoven Country
Honor it
18
Download
3519
Board Info
248 users are online:
248 guests
0 post in the last 24h
0 post in the last week
0 post in the last month
0 post in the last week
0 post in the last month
Registered members: 17053
Welcome our newest member, ga345cam
Most online: 4501 users on 26 Oct 2025, 01:00 AM
Welcome our newest member, ga345cam
Most online: 4501 users on 26 Oct 2025, 01:00 AM




Hug me, I am german 

