Login

russian armor

which doctrins do you pick..?

7 May 2016, 23:31 PM

if you are playing as OST in 3v3 and why?

because im searching for the ultimate comeback, anti blob, and anti emplacement commanders

feedback is appreciated
8 May 2016, 00:50 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I like festung support for anti-emplacement. I don't think that there is really an 'ultimate comeback' doctrine, unless you manage to get a cutoff using the encirclement doctrine.
8 May 2016, 01:24 AM

My ostheer loadout for 3v3 is Jaeger armor, mechanized doctrine, and lightning war. I feel it gives me all the tools I need to win. I personally think spotting scopes for 2v2+ gamemodes are one of the best abilities ostheer has. A vet 222 with spotting scopes + elephant = death to enemy tanks and unflankable cuz you see all. The LOS that the 222 provides can be game changing on more open maps.

Best anti emplacements commander is definitely festung support. Because it has the 2 best counters to emplacements. Mortar HT, and lefh howitzer.

I think spotting scopes + 2 mg42s is best blob counter on open maps. Liberal amounts of S mines often helps too.

Lightning war is good with gren spam and free ostruppen.
8 May 2016, 01:58 AM

Storm doctrine: ambush(try with mg42 and panzergren for rape unit or tank)
rigel mine (good)
tactical movement(ok but situational)
arty (good)
stuka bomb(very good)
jager armor doctrine: all good stuff:rigel+recon+stuka bomb+scope+elefant

one doctrine with cas: i prefer jager infantry(camo+g43+fast movement+light arty and cas) is very flexible. you have good stuf for urban warfare
or blitzkrieg: smoke(must have for tank)
fat movement
recon (good)
pz4 command tank (good for you and your mate)
cas
8 May 2016, 09:29 AM

Jaeger armor / Close Air Support / Spearhead
8 May 2016, 09:36 AM

Hard to adivce about doctrines, they are all situative, sometimes depends on your mood. My "forever 3" doctrines pack is: Joint Operations, Elite, and that one with Opel Blitz. Those 3 covers nice enough all possible gameplayes, situations and maps.
8 May 2016, 09:44 AM
Senior Referee Badge

My ostheer loadout:

1. Jaegar Armor
This is for maps like rzhev, Redball Express and Hill 400 in case i don't need arty. You have spotting scopes on your scout car to see REALLY far. And you have your elephant to take all the enemy armor out. It's a good anti tank commander.

2. Luftwaffe Supply
This commander is for maps like City 17, Ettelbruck Station and Lienne Forest in case i don't need arty. On these maps elephant isn't really good. You can flank it to easy and there aren't really long open spaces in which the elephant is really good. You can't really manoeuvre the Elephant good on these maps. But the most important thing. On these maps the munition and fuel points are really close to the base. This means the enemy can impossibly take the resources i call in. This is also a good anti emplacements commander! You also should consider picking this commander if you have a lot of munition!!

3. Festung Support
I can use this commander on all maps if i need arty. It's really good against campers and emplacement doctrine. It's also a good commander to drive a camper out of his position. You could consider it as a "comeback" commander ;)

If you have more questions about 3v3, ask Sturmpanther. He has been/is number 1 in 3v3 and they always beat me, my bro and a friend of us ;)
8 May 2016, 10:12 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

if you are playing as OST in 3v3 and why?

because im searching for the ultimate comeback, anti blob, and anti emplacement commanders

feedback is appreciated

Many of the people wrote it allready.

1. Jaeger armor

2. Close Air Support

3. Spearhead

( If you don't play vs brits change Spearhead with Lightingwar-Tiger)

And don't forget : kill all the emplacement is not only the job from Ostheer! You have a mate calls OKW :)
8 May 2016, 10:36 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Many of the people wrote it allready.

1. Jaeger armor

2. Close Air Support

3. Spearhead

( If you don't play vs brits change Spearhead with Lightingwar-Tiger)

And don't forget : kill all the emplacement is not only the job from Ostheer! You have a mate calls OKW :)

This makes me curious. Is there a special reason you picked close air support and not luftwaffe supply? Wanna steal your secret tactics to beat you xD
8 May 2016, 10:46 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

This makes me curious. Is there a special reason you picked close air support and not luftwaffe supply? Wanna steal your secret tactics to beat you xD

Y special reason--> Juka to kill kata/ calli, etc
--> anti inf strafe vs Inf blolbs
8 May 2016, 10:55 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

For me, I really tend to play different.

1. Storm doctrine
-Camo (really nice for panzergrends and HMG)
-Regal AT mine (secretly will get buff since AT mines cant destroy engines and this mine de-tread)
-Tactical Movement (sprint for all panzergrends)
-10.5 cm Artillery (Good against emplacements, blobs, and attrition)
-Stuka (counter arty, emplacements)

2. Encirclement for comeback or knockout (shares bulletins with panzergrends)

3. Fortified armor doctrine (what is better that your own bofors)

8 May 2016, 11:08 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Y special reason--> Juka to kill kata/ calli, etc
--> anti inf strafe vs Inf blolbs

Incendiary -> Anti mg, mortar and emplacement
Fuel call-in -> means more scout cars -> bye kata

^^
8 May 2016, 11:42 AM

I don't think you need a doctrine to counter emplacements in team games. Get your OKW teammate to invest in 2 ISGs, that's more than enough.
8 May 2016, 12:46 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Incendiary -> Anti mg, mortar and emplacement
Fuel call-in -> means more scout cars -> bye kata

^^

You mean your fire? Mg , mortar just retread and the inf walk away/ over it, until the fire comes.

FUel call-in? You mean the fuel dropp? You know, that CAS can that as well^^

And hf to attack on resh winter Kata with 222^^.
8 May 2016, 12:57 PM
Senior Referee Badge

You mean your fire? Mg , mortar just retread and the inf walk away/ over it, until the fire comes.

FUel call-in? You mean the fuel dropp? You know, that CAS can that as well^^

And hf to attack on resh winter Kata with 222^^.

If you drop at the same time you attack, mg needs to standup and infantry can shoot it down same story with mortar. If you throw it well infantry needs to retreat through it.
And yes CAS has fuel drop too. Did i say they had not? :P
222 OP, you can never make enough mines to stop the 222 train ^^
8 May 2016, 13:38 PM

thanks a lot for all the comments

i also pick CAS over luftwaffe supply, simply coz you have the much faster/"better" recon to bomb USF retreat points with the stuka bomb, which you dont actually have in luftwaffe supply doc. also the stuka strafe is good against blobs
8 May 2016, 14:14 PM

I think spotting scopes + 2 mg42s is best blob counter on open maps. Liberal amounts of S mines often helps too.

but but smoke grenades of the rifles NotLikeThis
8 May 2016, 15:05 PM

but but smoke grenades of the rifles NotLikeThis

Thing is, your mgs will see and start shooting at the riflemen before the see you and have time to pop smoke so you will at least suppress them, if they still wish to smoke, reposition your mg and activate incendiary rounds on the other one.
8 May 2016, 17:43 PM

nice idea! 2 pio with flamer or 2 pzgren could rush through the smoke and kill surpressed rifle blobs. should work great. too bad that the boundle nades are so bad, even against blobs..
8 May 2016, 17:51 PM
Senior Referee Badge

thanks a lot for all the comments

i also pick CAS over luftwaffe supply, simply coz you have the much faster/"better" recon to bomb USF retreat points with the stuka bomb, which you dont actually have in luftwaffe supply doc. also the stuka strafe is good against blobs
Ehm is it just me or is the recon and stuka dive bomb in both commanders the same?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★