Login

russian armor

OKW flak-truck/isg mix. How to counter as SU?

aaa
5 May 2016, 22:05 PM

I lost countless of games to this unit mix specificaly even games vs bad players when i had whole map at first.

Problem truck placed in a position where it cannot be targeted with attack ground allows them to lock section of the map with fuel point forever. Double or single isg allows them to have a huge advantage in infantry engagements basicaly locking most map this way.

I tried a lot of different things. Who plays ok vs that tell me what to do plz. How to counter it with stock units?
This strat also doesnt need any unit control. You can get them into position and take a nap
5 May 2016, 22:13 PM

6 May 2016, 11:44 AM

Well, see, there's this unit the Soviets have. It's called... what is it now? An anvil-truck gun? An anus-tango gun?

No wait, I got it!

An ANTI-TANK GUN! That's it!
aaa
6 May 2016, 16:58 PM

Well, see, there's this unit the Soviets have. It's called... what is it now? An anvil-truck gun? An anus-tango gun?

No wait, I got it!

An ANTI-TANK GUN! That's it!

Atg itself is utter garbage this patxch for this job. I killed lots of trucks with it when isgs were not that strong as now. It just recrew atg. Time to kill truck is enough to recrew atg with isg like 5 times or more.

Atck ground overall isnt possible if truck isnt placed by idiot. If there is attack ground possible i will use atg-like tank.
I use su76 barrages but kind of not enough for me. If guard motor i use smoke and place demo, but i dont play gm most of the games
6 May 2016, 17:01 PM

6 May 2016, 17:26 PM
7 May 2016, 04:01 AM

Have you tried an anti tank gun?

Hell, even 3-4 squads of conscripts would do since the suppression on that thing is weird, and sometimes doesnt suppress the blob. (Assuming you meant Medic HQ flak halftracks)

If you are talking about OKW tech building.....
7 May 2016, 04:08 AM

I always go with the doctrine that have il2 (4x50kg?) bombing run against OKW. If you damage the truck down to like 70%, 1 bombing run will destroy it.
15 May 2016, 04:25 AM

Get an SU85, toggle long range vision on and destroy that thing from a safe distance. Assign some inf and maxim to prevent being flanked by volks with schrecks. Ive destroyed countless flak trucks with this old tactic.
15 May 2016, 06:25 AM

Normal mortars and ATG are you best bet. At least the ISGs don't pinn your units unlike a certain British unit I know of...
16 May 2016, 18:06 PM

Normal mortars and ATG are you best bet. At least the ISGs don't pinn your units unlike a certain British unit I know of...

Don't pin anymore, good ol' times :D Double ISG was best way to win when volks rifle damage was at its worst.
16 May 2016, 18:19 PM

The 120mm Mortar in particular hurts this strategy since its extra splash damage and range really hurts ISGs - just establish a defensive front and slowly grind down the Flak Truck.

Flares from Mortars to spot and ATGs are also really potent if you can get a clear firing lane.
27 Jun 2016, 15:43 PM

The 120mm Mortar in particular hurts this strategy since its extra splash damage and range really hurts ISGs - just establish a defensive front and slowly grind down the Flak Truck.

Flares from Mortars to spot and ATGs are also really potent if you can get a clear firing lane.

Partially agree. The mortar has a higher resource and pop-cap then the Leig, so it isn't a good trade and it doesn't out-range the Leig barrage for that much more.

Another bellow optimal counter is the 152mm howitzer. This has the range and firepower to paste both but it is even more expensive, less mobile and relatively expensive and it comes late.
27 Jun 2016, 16:33 PM

Srslee though, your problem is the way you understand this faction. I've watched some of your games, and you almost never use T1 and play in a way as if it is Ostheer. Sometimes you can finish off OKW so fast you wouldn't be facing a T4 flak anyway. Be more aggressive.

2x peniles can take down the building's health down to %20.

The Flak building gives OKW players a false sense of security, a hope for a brighter future. Just wreck it and crush their dreams.
28 Jun 2016, 10:46 AM

Maybe try something that can damage truck and won´t die to double ISG (su 76, t34/76, mortars that negate isg or simply tech katty :D )

Rly counters are here, and if you got whole map until he place that, he should never be albe to get any tank later because you will destroy it in 5 minutes.

And also dont let it to be placed.
17 Jul 2016, 08:16 AM

Just get 2-3 squads of combat engineers do smoke barage with mortar in front os schver thn build deto with c.Engineers:)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★