Benefactor 119

DOW is dumbed down coh
4 May 2016, 17:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved from Lobby to Other Games
4 May 2016, 17:43 PM

DOW is dumbed down coh
Give it some credit, there is melee combat, teleporters, and jump packs. There is some skill in trying to dodge those.
4 May 2016, 17:44 PM
Patrion 14

oh!!!! my most important question...

are team games better designed/balanced then coh series? (2v2, 3v3+)
4 May 2016, 17:48 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Give it some credit, there is melee combat, teleporters, and jump packs. There is some skill in trying to dodge those.

Some being the key word there.

DOW is fun, but it is a dumbed down version of COH.

They have even been talking about how they removed cover elements to simplify the combat more in DOW3.
4 May 2016, 17:50 PM

DOW is dumbed down coh

Yet it has more options, more upgrades, more diverse units, actual melee, but because it lacks roads and common mines and such it's dumbed down? Please elaborate.

Depends really. It's all subjective, I think they're less of a clusterfuck like theya re in CoH 2 and casters for DoW II frequently cover team games because they're popular, and there is no more 1v1 and team game divide in the community anymore. Try watching some Indrid casts like I linked above, and you will see for yourself how they work.

What I will say is there is more direct team synergy, e.g. a lot of abilities affect allies too and you frequently double certain lanes.
4 May 2016, 17:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh don't get me started on that, I liked the original warhammer, stopped playing because of how bleeding expensive it was. The armies were cool, the lore I could get behind and now there's this Age of Sigmar train wreck. Forgive my grumblings, I'm just a GW hater. :D

I have trouble comprehending simultaneous Warhammer (be it Fantasy or 40K) and GW fans these days myself :p
4 May 2016, 18:02 PM

Yes. Watch the Indrick Casts on YouTube. I almost see him cover 1v1 to 3v3 games.
4 May 2016, 18:18 PM

Yes. Watch the Indrick Casts on YouTube. I almost see him cover 1v1 to 3v3 games.

Indrid! Not Indrick... never mention that heretical soul again.
4 May 2016, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 18:18 PMSwift

Indrid! Not Indrick... never mention that heretical soul again.
Dear God-Emperor, now I see the error of my ways.
4 May 2016, 21:36 PM

Maybe there is something wrong with me but this game looks so stupid and ridiculous. Armor taken out of the moon - completly stupid design of them. Especially the shoulderguards on the trailer.
Units look in a way that I'd rather laugh instead of zooming and watching every detail.
Swords vs machine guns.

For me, this game looks like it's made for some freaks.
4 May 2016, 21:44 PM

Maybe there is something wrong with me but this game looks so stupid and ridiculous. Armor taken out of the moon - completly stupid design of them. Especially the shoulderguards on the trailer.
Units look in a way that I'd rather laugh instead of zooming and watching every detail.
Swords vs machine guns.

For me, this game looks like it's made for some freaks.

Because you probably have no context of the world of 40k. I think I'm going to end up sitting on this thread defending Warhammer. Plus, watch DoW II casts, they're far more informative of the way the game works.
4 May 2016, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 21:44 PMSwift

Because you probably have no context of the world of 40k. I think I'm going to end up sitting on this thread defending Warhammer. Plus, watch DoW II casts, they're far more informative of the way the game works.

Of couse I don't becasue I tried it in the past and it stroke me with huge lack of atmosphere (melee vs guns) and the way how stupid/funny units look like.

But it's just my personal taste.
5 May 2016, 07:03 AM

Of couse I don't becasue I tried it in the past and it stroke me with huge lack of atmosphere (melee vs guns) and the way how stupid/funny units look like.

But it's just my personal taste.

Well, it'll be subjective, but melee vs guns is one of the examples of the very backward and confused universe it is set in. It's not just melee vs guns because it looks edgy, more because there is complete technological stagnation.

Anyway, I like it, and I want to make other people like it.
5 May 2016, 11:02 AM
Patrion 28

Some being the key word there.

DOW is fun, but it is a dumbed down version of COH.

They have even been talking about how they removed cover elements to simplify the combat more in DOW3.

coh2 is a dumbed down version of dow2. coh2 lacks stuns, knockback, melee, snares, role changing unit upgrades on most units, armour types... the only thing that coh2 has over dow3 is vehicle armour and pen.
5 May 2016, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 14:07 PMSwift

Nonono, by lost, they got shipped to the wrong planet and got lost :romeoMug:

Also a common misconception is that 40k is a future version of Warhammer, it's not, it's actually a future version of our world.

The point is he sucks (Simply because he beat the hell out of Space Marines, that bastard).

And +1 to your second point. I hear that a lot, 40K is our universe.

coh2 is a dumbed down version of dow2. coh2 lacks stuns, knockback, melee, snares, role changing unit upgrades on most units, armour types... the only thing that coh2 has over dow3 is vehicle armour and pen.

Not quite. They are simply different. Simply because they are RTS games made by the same company does not mean they should be the same. We give Relic hell (and they deserve some of it) but you can't argue that they have bright designers and they can come up with new game play ideas. Unless they decide to listen to Sega and mess with the game and sell factions as DLC (Chaos is a pre-order DLC in CA's Warhammer: Total War wich is ludicrous).
5 May 2016, 16:20 PM

Swords vs machine guns.

I'm guessing you don't have much truck with fantasy gaming, then.

They certainly are ridiculous. And I'm not unsympathetic, swords with all sorts of pointy bits sticking out of them, and the like, annoy me no end. Either you embrace this stuff and find it charming, or you don't. No accounting for taste after all.
5 May 2016, 17:12 PM

Australian magic, I'm guessing you also dislike Star Wars.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★