Login

russian armor

Do we really need a new Company of Heroes?

3 May 2016, 21:30 PM

I see tons of people saying COH3 but then i just ask myself, do we really need a whole completely new game? I mean what possibility could they do that is different then CoH2? And no i am not joking, im serious, CoH2 has beautiful graphics and vice versa so what could they possible do that is different then CoH2?
3 May 2016, 21:31 PM

3 May 2016, 21:36 PM

Who are the tons of people who ask for COH3?
3 May 2016, 21:45 PM
Donator 11

there will be no new company of heroes in the next 15 years
3 May 2016, 21:45 PM

I think (and hope) CoH2 has a long future still. The balance preview, War Spoils update and (rumored) summer competition stuff are all good indications of this.
3 May 2016, 21:47 PM
Donator 11

well, it will be hard to get side armor, different forward/backward speeds, a better commander system, etc into coh2
3 May 2016, 21:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

CoH2 is a bit of a clusterfuck, mostly due to the THQ situation and the game being rushed out.

The commander system is crap, the ui is crap, the engine optimization is crap, the game is full of things that were worked on years ago and dropped never to be touched again.

CoH2 is still good and still has a few more years left in it, but saying there is nothing to look forward to in CoH3 is just wrong.
3 May 2016, 21:57 PM

3 May 2016, 21:58 PM

We don't need coh3, but it's nice to daydream about it. There are some aspects of coh2 that aren't good but that can't be improved. Most notably is the commander system. We have loads of useless commanders that play pretty much the same as one another and lack any form of flavor. Only a handful of commanders actualy feel unique such as partizan tactics, and even they don't alter your playstyle all that much. CoH1 was much stronger in this regard, and it is a shame that they ditched it in favor of a commander system that sometimes just gives you a single unique unit and some minor other niche abilities.
3 May 2016, 22:20 PM

Nor we neither Relic. Except one day they'll think that commanders and skins don't brings enough money.
3 May 2016, 22:27 PM

I don't think there's much reason to make a new CoH set in WW2, precisely because there wouldn't be much new to do.

However, I'd love to see a CoH set in the Cold War-era. A new setting would be the best future of the series. All other things aside, I think we can all agree that an engine that actually runs well would be enough reason to make a new game. :P
nee
4 May 2016, 03:09 AM

We don't but Relic does.
4 May 2016, 12:25 PM

We need another COH but in 4-5 years I guess. And this time, I want modern warfare :clap:
4 May 2016, 12:32 PM

No more games from Relic please :D. Their tempo is just too slow to compete with other companies.
4 May 2016, 12:32 PM

Well, it could bring naval warfare. Maps being islands surrounded by water and you use ships as mobile HQs...something like that
4 May 2016, 12:53 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2016, 21:52 PMTobis
CoH2 is a bit of a clusterfuck, mostly due to the THQ situation and the game being rushed out.

The commander system is crap, the ui is crap, the engine optimization is crap, the game is full of things that were worked on years ago and dropped never to be touched again.

CoH2 is still good and still has a few more years left in it, but saying there is nothing to look forward to in CoH3 is just wrong.

This is the real reason a sequel would be nice. CoH2 has a really shitty base because of the whole THQ fiasco. CoH3 with a from-the-ground-up new engine and a design that doesn't stem from a business model would be very interesting.

However, there are a lot of reasons why a sequel probably won't happen, and I personally don't think it will. WWII and RTS games are far less popular now than they were 5 years ago, CoH2 has a ton of DLC that would be abandoned in a new game, CoH2 was a lukewarm success relative to a lot of other games these days, and funding a from-scratch RTS today when its predecessor was only mildly successful is a pretty huge risk to take. I'd love to see a CoH3 where Relic is given the freedom to design the game they want to make, but I don't see that happening for a long time, if it even happens at all.
4 May 2016, 13:18 PM

I always argue that rather than making new games that fix the issues of the previous,you should fix said game.

Same here really,any fix or improvement can be done in CoH2,leaving no need for a third entry in the series unless its a new period in time,and still.
4 May 2016, 13:43 PM
Patrion 14

After this disaster? I don't think Relic will burn their fingers again :hansGG:
4 May 2016, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 13:18 PMFino
I always argue that rather than making new games that fix the issues of the previous,you should fix said game.

Same here really,any fix or improvement can be done in CoH2,leaving no need for a third entry in the series unless its a new period in time,and still.

I don't think that is possible. The big problem with COH2 is that the consistent imbalance and P2W commanders has made the strategy ankle deep at the macro level, its a 98% tactical game. Kinda hard to fix those problems when so much money has been spent on their broken system, if they pleased the minority of players like me (removed many of the useless commanders, NO ability overlap at all, shifted some abilities around, made them 2 sided trees, reduced number of infiltration units, etc.) they would be pissing off the vast majority that bought a lot of commanders and frankly don't want the game to get any harder.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment