Login

russian armor

Snipers

26 Nov 2012, 16:56 PM

You can hear tanks and stuff in the FOW could you edit the sound the sniper makes like you can other units so you can hear it in the FOW so you knew where the enemy sniper was. Yes I know this would be cheating I'm just wondering.
26 Nov 2012, 16:59 PM

why ? snipers are all about stealth and silence.. lol :P
26 Nov 2012, 16:59 PM

No, you would have to modify the game for that because there is no sound available that the sniper makes when moving around.
26 Nov 2012, 17:03 PM

26 Nov 2012, 17:37 PM

I was just wondering really. Don't all units have some sought of sound wether we can hear it or not?
26 Nov 2012, 17:43 PM

Yep. I don't know if snipers make foot steps when they run, but if they do then you could change it to any other sounds you wanted.
26 Nov 2012, 17:48 PM

Yep. I don't know if snipers make foot steps when they run, but if they do then you could change it to any other sounds you wanted.

And you would be able to hear them through the FOW??
26 Nov 2012, 17:54 PM

I think so....you could make it sound like a KT motor if you wanted...the only thing I don't know is if you can change the distance you hear it from or not.
26 Nov 2012, 17:54 PM

Not sure about snipers but rifles yes you can hear and I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be able to hear infantry running or buildings being put up in fow. Tanks is alright to hear but buildings no you should scout them out. Maybe in CoH 2 there could be a infantry toggle between walking and running, walking gives off no sound but running does and is quicker.

In SC2 you can't hear anything in the FOW AFAIK I think that is perfectly reasonable.
26 Nov 2012, 18:53 PM

What would be cool is to edit the tank sounds and add words, imagine your enemy built a panther and in the FoW all you here is panther, panther, panther, panther instead of it's engine :p
26 Nov 2012, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2012, 17:54 PMS73v0
Not sure about snipers but rifles yes you can hear and I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be able to hear infantry running or buildings being put up in fow. Tanks is alright to hear but buildings no you should scout them out. Maybe in CoH 2 there could be a infantry toggle between walking and running, walking gives off no sound but running does and is quicker.

In SC2 you can't hear anything in the FOW AFAIK I think that is perfectly reasonable.

Yes, but in SC2 your scouting units are relatively cheap as dirt, and losing them has almost no consequence. The cheapest scout available to the vanilla factions is a pioneer- that moves across the map much slower than SC2 workers, and is almost half a minutes income of manpower. I like the sounds, the only thing that bothers me about it is that some sounds are very distinct and you can tell exactly what it is...like the purr of the Marder engine.
26 Nov 2012, 22:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2012, 17:54 PMS73v0

Especially with the true vision system in coh2, hearing units you can't see will be really important.
30 Nov 2012, 07:14 AM

Especially with the true vision system in coh2, hearing units you can't see will be really important.

But snipers... Rly it's like cheating if u'll hear snipers in fow imo, cause like basilone said,you can change the sound of snipers
Hux
30 Nov 2012, 07:31 AM
Patrion 14

With this new sight system in this game, Like symbiosis said, hearing units you cannot see would be paramount. You will not be able to see soldiers moving on the other side of a hedgerow now but in real life you would be able to hear them if you were on the other side. sounds should definitely stay in FoW
Not being able to hear on-map would be crushing too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★