Login

russian armor

Trouble vs rank 100 or better Ostheer

2 May 2016, 09:02 AM

The 222 scout car is a menace. It is impossible to deny the Ostheer both fuel vs a good player so the 222 can come out before the stuart every game. The 222 comes before the 3 CP m5 halftrack and the 222 is significantly better than the m15a1 AA half-track because it has to drive backwards and expose rear armor.

This means that the only way I can possibly defend vs the 222 is to have a captain, however, this gives me 2 issues.

1. 3-4 Vanilla rifles and a captain vs 3-4 grens and 1-2 mg42s will get wrecked 100% of the time by an equal or better player

2. Having my sole source of AT be infantry based vs 1-2 mobile armored vehicles is not ideal

Even if I am even vs the ostheer player until I get a stuart, he will have paks by then. Additionally the stuart is terrible vs infantry so I see no way to beat an ostheer opponent consistently that employs the 222 rush strategy.

Help would be appreciated.

- Thank you in advance
Kri
2 May 2016, 09:42 AM

From what I hear the 222 is currently overperforming. I think it comes early but not too early. It should have a window of opportunity, but I do think the low fuel costs allows it to be spammed. They might want to consider reverting the gun upgrade change. Investing muni will prevent ostheer from throwing it away like that.

As my tip: I mostly play 2vs2 as brit and rush out my AEC, play compact and mine up my compact area.
2 May 2016, 09:46 AM

I would say the 222 is definitely a bit too cheap in its fuel cost currently. I think it desperately needed the performance buffs, but it should probably be raised to at least 20 fuel to compensate.

What's your experience with purchasing bazookas like? Your post doesn't really seem to touch on that. The infantry can be kited by a good player, but it should still help hold them back until AT guns roll out. The balance mod probably shakes things up with a better HMG as well.
2 May 2016, 10:37 AM

I would say the 222 is definitely a bit too cheap in its fuel cost currently. I think it desperately needed the performance buffs, but it should probably be raised to at least 20 fuel to compensate.

What's your experience with purchasing bazookas like? Your post doesn't really seem to touch on that. The infantry can be kited by a good player, but it should still help hold them back until AT guns roll out. The balance mod probably shakes things up with a better HMG as well.

I absolutely loathe bazookas simply because I rely on pure double BAR / lmg for anti infantry which I believe is the strength of the US forces. My ideal army comp is 3-4 rifles with double LMG, a jackson, and another sherman/jackson - pretty much destroys everything.

I figure that if I build bazookas I'm going to need something else to kill infantry and then I'm basically going to be playing the soviet union with terribad mainline infantry compared to the enemy.

That being said I suppose I could experiment with 1 bazooka early or something. Having 2 infantry squads with AT would probably deal with the 222, thats true.

From what I hear the 222 is currently overperforming. I think it comes early but not too early. It should have a window of opportunity, but I do think the low fuel costs allows it to be spammed. They might want to consider reverting the gun upgrade change. Investing muni will prevent ostheer from throwing it away like that.

As my tip: I mostly play 2vs2 as brit and rush out my AEC, play compact and mine up my compact area.

Oh they buffed the gun? I haven't play Coh in a while and I'm grinding the game again, that would explain why it seems to do a ton of damage now. I did read that they buffed the hp by around 35%.
2 May 2016, 11:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh they buffed the gun? I haven't play Coh in a while and I'm grinding the game again, that would explain why it seems to do a ton of damage now. I did read that they buffed the hp by around 35%.

What Cyranara is referring to is that originally you built the 221, and had to pay munitions for a 2cm autocannon that would upgrade it into a 222. Now, you just build 222s.
2 May 2016, 12:36 PM

What Cyranara is referring to is that originally you built the 221, and had to pay munitions for a 2cm autocannon that would upgrade it into a 222. Now, you just build 222s.

Actually, it was Kri who referred explicitly to the gun upgrade :) I was just referring to its generally improved survivability and utility.
2 May 2016, 13:03 PM

I'll usually slap a pair of zooks on my starting RE squad (or at least 1). I don't like putting zooks on my Rifles either unless I'm really struggling vs. armor but zooked up REs are decent enough to at least keep the Ostheer player honest with his 222s and gives you a second zook platform to screen your Rifles. That and the zooks vet them up really fast to give them that juicy 5th man and extra repair speed for late game. Something to consider anyway.

3 May 2016, 07:10 AM

Fast captain and dual zook on REs, don't try to chase the 222, trap them if possible. around rank100 it is more 2 or sometime 3 222 I face.

222 are also really bad vs infantry. So keep calm, stay in cover, vet your rifles and wait for an opportunity to atnade them to death.

I also think 222 should get back its upgrade cost now its more powerful but I don't think it will happen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 43
unknown 11
Germany 9
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L