Login

russian armor

Brits finally balanced

2 May 2016, 18:15 PM

I could agree to this, if the Mortar can set up in a British Trench.
2 May 2016, 18:29 PM

I don't think Mortar pits are the problem, especially for OKW. ISGs are a great response for the emplacement n00b player. Honestly, I think Brits need some early game love at the moment, especially in small game modes.
2 May 2016, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 18:15 PMDoggo
I could agree to this, if the Mortar can set up in a British Trench.

No. Why? No other indirect-fire support weapons can garrison, why should the brit mortar?

2 May 2016, 18:41 PM

No. Why? No other indirect-fire support weapons can garrison, why should the brit mortar?

I advocated an idea like what he is suggesting a while ago. That idea, though, was that the British trenches would get a 150 MP upgrade (or so) for a single mortar team inside of it (which would fill the trench slot). Same range as the pit but still static, and easier to take down. It would reward good placement and make Trenches much more present.
2 May 2016, 18:45 PM

Doesn't really fit with the faction otherwise doesn't it? If we're going to lose an emplacement, I'd prefer for the Mortar to stay defensively-themed.
2 May 2016, 18:47 PM

The problem with brits is their basic inf sucks. When engis are better than the mainline inf, you have a problem.

Are you stupid? They are already on par if not better than rifleman, with massive bonus in cover
2 May 2016, 18:48 PM

They get penalties out of cover, so work worse than riflemen unless in cover. Unless your running the Land Mattress commander.
2 May 2016, 18:56 PM

The problem with brits is their basic inf sucks. When engis are better than the mainline inf, you have a problem.

To make brits viable:

Tommies need to be buffed and given AT nades. The reason inf section suck is because you need to be behind cover and fighting at mid range since they don't get a damage increase at close range. They become very good in the mid & late game but you probably won't get there because you have such a bad early game.

Brits need late game arty(land mattress) that isn't locked behind a p2w commander. One could argue they should have a 240 mortar squad for early game building clear.

Engis should be moved to T0, only if sections get buffed so you don't spam engis as is the current meta. Engis should have flamers, which isn't tied to p2w commander.

Some good points but IMO the biggest issue with IS is the fact their weapon upgrades are bugged, which usually ends up in you upgrading brens to fight on par with OKW inf but just dropping them for enemy jaegers/volks after losing a few models

fix the weapon dropping and add in an AT grenade with the grenade package and I think they would be in a good spot.

2 May 2016, 19:25 PM

I'm pretty sure ostheer mortar can go inside ostheer trenches...
2 May 2016, 19:29 PM

Give them a regular mortar that can garrison their trench if they want to go static defense
2 May 2016, 19:43 PM

That works. Caters to aggressive or defensive styles.
2 May 2016, 19:56 PM
Donator 11

I have better solution, just increase the pop of bofors and mortar pit - this way they will be harder to spam and even a single one will hugely affect number of infantry and tanks brit player eventually needs to drive through his own lines to win.
2 May 2016, 20:21 PM

I advocated an idea like what he is suggesting a while ago. That idea, though, was that the British trenches would get a 150 MP upgrade (or so) for a single mortar team inside of it (which would fill the trench slot). Same range as the pit but still static, and easier to take down. It would reward good placement and make Trenches much more present.

Would really depend on how the trench works. I would consider that alright, provided the trench worked correctly - i.e. super susceptible to fire and explosives (directly in it). Also not sure if you're implying that the trench would increase the range to that of the mortar pit, or if the mortar should have the same range all the time. I'm not really in favor of the trench increasing range.

The point in general of this change would be to remove the 'campy' nature of the mortar pit, and replace it with a more mobile (but resistant) mortar.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 18:45 PMDoggo

Doesn't really fit with the faction otherwise doesn't it? If we're going to lose an emplacement, I'd prefer for the Mortar to stay defensively-themed.

The point, however, is to get rid of the theme; it's really not a good theme for CoH in general (camping, defensive play). In particular, the idea is to remove the "set and forget" theme of the mortar pit, which really doesn't fit well at all with the game (micro and mobility heavy game play).

I'm pretty sure ostheer mortar can go instead ostheer trenches...

Honestly, not sure; I haven't use Ost trenches in a long time. I seem to remember it only taking infantry and MGs, though.

2 May 2016, 21:28 PM

I would vote for a moveable mortar that can set-up with sandbags in maybe like 8 seconds. It can only shoot when it is set-up. It gets a defensive bonus versus explosive and flame damage (otherwise it would always burn to the ground when targeted by flame nades/MHT/... because of the 8 seconds set-up). Normal range, tougher in mortar battles but more prone to get overrun by infantry/vehicle attacks. I think it would fit the british more defensive and cumbersome playing style.

Just my two cents, but I honestly don't think relic will ever remove the mortar pit. If they get sick of it they will just nerf it to the ground instead of swapping it versus something else... or they bring out a new Ostheer DLC commander that perfectly counters mortar pits... yeah, when I think about it they will probably do this last one.
2 May 2016, 21:42 PM

I'm pretty sure ostheer mortar can go inside ostheer trenches...
They used to, but Relic decided in a patch a long time ago that the mortars wouldn't go inside. I was starting to use trenches for the survival of my mortars too.....
5 May 2016, 22:37 PM

Are you stupid? They are already on par if not better than rifleman, with massive bonus in cover

lol nope
7 May 2016, 01:01 AM

lol nope

After ninja nerf sure their rifles are crap. But they can still get double bren and melt down everything.
7 May 2016, 19:46 PM

Brits are the best faction in the game...by far. Solid infantry in cover, strong tanks, ridiculous defense, lots of artillery.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★