Login

russian armor

The pit and balance

30 Apr 2016, 23:50 PM

Hello, dark again.
Was thinkn bout the mortar pit and it very powerful range, this is mostly acceptable due to the inability to retreat (however this is also the reasoning behind its high health pool and brace..and no bleed from damage, only complete destruction) and I was wondering why not just make it like the pak howi? Short auto fire (same range or shorter than a normal mortar) but exceptional barrage capabilities? It is already amazingly unique in being a double mortar building that can be garrisoned, I dont think it should be able to counter other indirects without addition micro. It would also be VERY cool if one could designate seperate barrage locations for each mortar (or have one barrage and one auto fire) I feel while it is a hefty investment its kinda set and forget aside from brace if needed and it is effective for automatically supporting most 1v1 maps and is especially strong vs the ost combined arms. I know it DOES have counters and that isnt so much my concern, it is how "easy" it is to use vs how little actual bleed (even a blob will bleed you a bit) thoughts?
1 May 2016, 00:12 AM

This would work, though they really should just bring back the old heavy/light (and WP) shells.
1 May 2016, 04:04 AM

Hello, dark again.
Was thinkn bout the mortar pit and it very powerful range, this is mostly acceptable due to the inability to retreat (however this is also the reasoning behind its high health pool and brace..and no bleed from damage, only complete destruction) and I was wondering why not just make it like the pak howi? Short auto fire (same range or shorter than a normal mortar) but exceptional barrage capabilities? It is already amazingly unique in being a double mortar building that can be garrisoned, I dont think it should be able to counter other indirects without addition micro. It would also be VERY cool if one could designate seperate barrage locations for each mortar (or have one barrage and one auto fire) I feel while it is a hefty investment its kinda set and forget aside from brace if needed and it is effective for automatically supporting most 1v1 maps and is especially strong vs the ost combined arms. I know it DOES have counters and that isnt so much my concern, it is how "easy" it is to use vs how little actual bleed (even a blob will bleed you a bit) thoughts?

I'd be alright with this. Although the first step would be to actually fix the barrage ability first. It's bugged, currently.
1 May 2016, 09:06 AM

Mortar pit suck and being easily countered by leigs besides you making sim city with 3 of them and repair station near.
1 May 2016, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 09:06 AMNEVEC
Mortar pit suck and being easily countered by leigs besides you making sim city with 3 of them and repair station near.

But it could be BETTER if it required... Any input at all really aside from panic shields
1 May 2016, 17:42 PM

I doubt relic will remade unit into a completely useless piece of crap just because some people are permanently butthurt over it.

Its a static indirect fire piece.

It will never be equal or inferior to mobile pieces for the sole reason of being immobile.
1 May 2016, 18:00 PM

First off, im by no means butt hurt. I disbelieve in set amd forget units that are long range counters with no work other than getting the resources, this is why I was against the JT's ability to shoot through buildings. I believe that you shouldnt get out more than you put it.

Secondly it would remain superior to mobile mortars due to a doubled barrage at extreme ranges and the ability to soak ungodly amounts of damage and bleed no manpower. Im a firm believer of risk/reward and I feel the reward for spending 400MP and ignoring from then on is far too high for the amount of risk..
1 May 2016, 20:22 PM

The implementation of the pit is just so dull.

A crappy mobile mortar that becomes great when it garrisons a pit made by REs would have been so much better.
1 May 2016, 20:44 PM
1 May 2016, 22:24 PM

I doubt relic will remade unit into a completely useless piece of crap just because some people are permanently butthurt over it.

Its a static indirect fire piece.

It will never be equal or inferior to mobile pieces for the sole reason of being immobile.

Pretty much this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS