Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Mod - Your Thoughts After Using It

PAGES (8)down
30 Apr 2016, 19:23 PM

Sorry, but why didn't you use faust, mines, flank?

Sounds to me like you're just struggling to adjust to the lack of Schrek-blob. Dare I suggest you give it more practice?

Fausts and mines really don't help. They might slow them down, but it's simply not enough to hold them back for more than a minute. They desperately need a form of reliable AT. Volksgrenadiers are currently in a great place, but as long as they have no reliable, mobile AT support, all they can really do is just sit there.
30 Apr 2016, 19:36 PM

I liked nearly everything in this patch. but a few things are in order

1)T34 needs cost upped abit. If it wasn't buffed at all with the cost decrease, I would agree. but the combination is too much.

2)New spawn mechanics are still uncomfortable for me, I believe the infantry pooping out of buildings should only come out of the HQ building.

3)Volks MP44 upgrade is pretty bad in my opinion, but the shrecking was too much. maybe AT rifle upgrade?

overall, 8/10 great update.
30 Apr 2016, 19:46 PM

I've been playing a few games here and there with whatever randoms I can get.

My volks are usually 600%+/- efficient and can give rangers a run for their money if they don't magically appear ontop of you. Vet 3 rifles vs Vet5 volks is not much of a competition unless they are double bar'd

The synergy with the Sturmofficer is pretty solid as well. He's still a pain in the ass but since you have the muni to yell shocktroopers into retreating it's quite nice.
30 Apr 2016, 19:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 19:36 PMGrittle
2)New spawn mechanics are still uncomfortable for me, I believe the infantry pooping out of buildings should only come out of the HQ building.

"Ok you lads were deployed from the Platoon Command Post, so you're not allowed to pinch a loaf on the field. Commanders' orders."

"But-"

"No, not even if it was because you got scared."
30 Apr 2016, 20:37 PM

Fausts and mines really don't help. They might slow them down, but it's simply not enough to hold them back for more than a minute. They desperately need a form of reliable AT. Volksgrenadiers are currently in a great place, but as long as they have no reliable, mobile AT support, all they can really do is just sit there.

You are going to have to adapt to using micro and combined arms to kill tanks. 2-3 Volks will no longer be able to A-move and shoot a Pershing down to half health w/ good RNG.

You say "fausts don't help." Yes, yes they do. Even top Allied players drive their vehicles (from UC to heavies) into Faust range all the time. The OKW ATG may be crap compared to Pak-40, but it can freaking cloak. One Faust + 2 cloaked ATG (properly positioned) = dead Allied light / medium tank.

PIATs aren't reliable and Zooks lack the penetration and damage against high armored / high health Axis tanks. Soviets / UKF and lesser extent USF have always relied on proper use of combined arms (snare / ATG / infantry support) to kill Axis tanks. I don't know if you've played a lot of Allies but what you're struggling with as OKW is something Soviet has been doing since 2013.
30 Apr 2016, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 20:37 PMLuGer33

You are going to have to adapt to using micro and combined arms to kill tanks. 2-3 Volks will no longer be able to A-move and shoot a Pershing down to half health w/ good RNG.

You say "fausts don't help." Yes, yes they do. Even top Allied players drive their vehicles (from UC to heavies) into Faust range all the time. The OKW ATG may be crap compared to Pak-40, but it can freaking cloak. One Faust + 2 cloaked ATG (properly positioned) = dead Allied light / medium tank.

PIATs aren't reliable and Zooks lack the penetration and damage against high armored / high health Axis tanks. Soviets / UKF and lesser extent USF have always relied on proper use of combined arms (snare / ATG / infantry support) to kill Axis tanks. I don't know if you've played a lot of Allies but what you're struggling with as OKW is something Soviet has been doing since 2013.

Jesus Christ, I never said anywhere that I miss volks w/ A-move panzerschrecks. I just want something better than a raketen. Something that isn't one-shotted by any explosive weapon. The fact that it survives past 10 seconds in combat is 100% RNG dependent, and you can't even put distance between a tank and a raketen because it has an absolute shit range.
but it can freaking cloak.

Which is great for defensively supporting retreating squads. Notice the wording: "defensively supporting". It's meant to defensively support squads when pushed back, not to be the backbone of your early-mid game anti-tank capabilities. It not only greatly limits your chance to be offensive with infantry, but it also can barely be effective defensively w/o being wiped. Unless they're adding more squad members, or buffing the range, it's a waste of manpower. At least PIATs and zooks allow you to be offensive. Trying to be offensive with volks + raketen is like trying to carry a suitcase full of rocks up a 20 story building (without an elevator). The fact that schrecks aren't being re-implemented on a different unit single-handedly defeats the purpose of OKW's faction design of being offensive and keeping constant pressure on your enemies. It's slowly turning into Ostheer where you have to react to your enemy all the time, and almost never the other way around.

Also:
Fausts ARE useless if you have nothing useful to support it.
30 Apr 2016, 21:53 PM

One Faust + 2 cloaked ATG (properly positioned) = dead Allied light / medium tank.

AH ha ha ha ha!!
Funny man

I just had a game with three cloaked raketens. Three volks with fausts and a centaur appeared and instawiped most of the volks. The raketens don't stay cloaked once they fire and so they were then wiped sequentially in a split second after they fired and mostly missed. Had to keep buying raketens. Crappy gameplay. Buff the frikkin raketen relic already. There's only one thing in the whole game easier to decrew and that's a flak emplacement.

At least if faust is the solution to schrek, Volks need a range increase on their faust. Centaurs don't take prisoners.
1 May 2016, 00:06 AM

I over-exaggerated (as you should know). They aren't completely crippled, but adding schrecks via panzerjäger would give people a better reason to go medical HQ, and would still keep the balance achieved via everything else in the patch. That's my only complaint at the moment. Otherwise, I apologize for wasting your time and brain power on a semi-pointless discussion. Anyways, normal discussion shall continue. RIP OKW Crippled debate.
1 May 2016, 00:39 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

after 20+ games with all factions the only things that should be changed is

OKW flak truck from med truck should have smoke at vet0

the rakettenwerfer should proved green cover to its crew like other AT guns

the penals should only get 2 ppsh with the flame upgrade

the bofors should have its barrage ability removed for the 10000th time
1 May 2016, 01:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 19:46 PMVuther

"Ok you lads were deployed from the Platoon Command Post, so you're not allowed to pinch a loaf on the field. Commanders' orders."

"But-"

"No, not even if it was because you got scared."

Okay, having Obers jumping out of a flack truck guns going postal and having all your tech buildings withing 3 centimeters from each other pre built are different things. USF and UKF can either keep it or not have it at all.
1 May 2016, 01:25 AM

10/10 for general changes that affect gameplay for all factions.

6/10 for faction changes that seem to be more about balancing around a specific meta than the game itself.
1 May 2016, 02:21 AM

Someone said gren and volks must win at 35 range against penals. It's wrong. It doesn't have to

Let me suppose

1. There are gren or volks
2. Increase cost and give some firepower to them.
3. Remove panzerfaust and give one more man
4. Change grenade to satchel
5. Apart from main tech
6. That's penals.

You see that increasing cost and removing some of abilities make them be preview penals in reasonable way. You can just consider penals as stronger rifle man squad because of higher cost and tech cost.

It's clear that penals are useless if penals lose against cheaper infantry that even has innate AT snare. That means dedecated anti infantry squad lose against cheaper squad that has innate AT snare(versatileness) and grenade.

If so, nobody use penals.
1 May 2016, 03:14 AM

could be better implemented me thinks.

its a official preview, put it in automatch please, so that balance previewers who wants to have a go at it without waiting for 30mins in the custom lobby waiting for people to join the game.

this way, the chinese/koreans/non english people at least knows there's such a patch going on and we can have a much bigger pool of people playing it.

and looking for people to play right now if anyone wants to.
1 May 2016, 04:51 AM

Impressions so far
- Penals may need a cost increase given their performance.
- T34/76 coax machine gun is a bit over the top.
- STG's on Volks at Vet 5 is silly.
1 May 2016, 05:07 AM

Yea, the raketenwerfer wasn't meant to be the one AT stopping force of the OKW, but now that they've lost all other credible AT weapons that are acquired before mid-game, it has a heavy burden. It was meant to be a support AT that you can use if you're pushed back that can fight alongside with your schrecks.

I'm not exactly an expert on the OKW and I know this is a highly contended topic, but I have a tendency to think that the raketenwerfer would work much better if it was made into a 5 man squad. I believe that would make up for its deficiencies in penetration and range.

That being said, I can understand why people would be opposed to that idea since they can already cloak and hop in buildings (which would be the most problematic part of that potential fix).

Anyway, just a thought.
1 May 2016, 07:06 AM

I don't really understand why OKW lost the panzerschreck completely. I figured at the very least it could be on Obers. Or doctrinal.

I don't buy the argument that Obers come too late and are too expensive to be cost effective for panzerschrecks if OKW otherwise would have no access to them at all.

However, I am all about volks with faust. I still think it should be high damage, no snare, though. But then again I also think OKW should have their fuel<>muni conversion back. I wouldn't mind seeing faustspam in that case since I know it could be taking away from teching and tanks.

Although it'd be nice to see a sort of 'aimed shot' panzerfaust shot ability that volks could get with vet to either deal a more damaging shot instead of a snare, or vice versa.
1 May 2016, 07:08 AM

57mm at gun is overperforming. It has wide range of fire and high reload due to its low penetration. Also it has the ability to decrease its disadvantage. Pointless buff.. I hope it will be removed.
1 May 2016, 07:56 AM

Jesus Christ, I never said anywhere that I miss volks w/ A-move panzerschrecks. I just want something better than a raketen. Something that isn't one-shotted by any explosive weapon. The fact that it survives past 10 seconds in combat is 100% RNG dependent, and you can't even put distance between a tank and a raketen because it has an absolute shit range.

How about a shiny new Jagdpanzer IV?

I over-exaggerated (as you should know). They aren't completely crippled...

Stop trying to derail the thread with propaganda.
1 May 2016, 08:14 AM

the mod is great. OKW is finally an faction, which needs to play combined arms instead of spamming Schreck volks.

in mirgaeflas mod, he buffed the ROF of the püppchen. Could be the solution for people, who has AT problems as OKW.
1 May 2016, 09:34 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Is it just me or does the Raketen get a ninja buff for more range in this build?
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS