Login

russian armor

Bofor Barrage

27 Apr 2016, 05:51 AM

It's total bullshit. It's got enormous range (I think 80, which is more than autofire on a mortar I think). It can insta-suppress any number of units and can very nearly destroy a Puma which is outside of it's range. As with all the emplacement gubbins, its a pathetic gameplay mechanic. When I see sim city they days, its almost always accompanied by the most terrible skill in the other areas of fighting. It is a crutch for the weak.
27 Apr 2016, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 13:34 PMNirad

Mortar pit is a huge target and easily countered with Leig, puma, Stuka, or tank. Mortar pit does not need a nerf. It's a big investment and stationary. If UKF get a mobile mortar too then we can talk.

You dont even play axis so how would u know? exactly BURN :romeoMug:
27 Apr 2016, 07:57 AM

reasons why this ability is op / needs to be removed:

1. Allows the bofors to counter its counters in the early and mid game (Mortar + AT Guns + IG) which is suppose to be the mortar pits job
2. Destroys ambient buildings in literally 2 seconds (you have no time to react if you have guys in it)
3. There is no warning so you actually cant intentionally doge it.
27 Apr 2016, 08:06 AM

27 Apr 2016, 09:39 AM

reasons why this ability is op / needs to be removed:

1. Allows the bofors to counter its counters in the early and mid game (Mortar + AT Guns + IG) which is suppose to be the mortar pits job
2. Destroys ambient buildings in literally 2 seconds (you have no time to react if you have guys in it)
3. There is no warning so you actually cant intentionally doge it.

On the other hand - name any other unit that is perfectly countered by a single mortar/AT gun/ISG. And I mean perfectly. Even a conscript can run from a king tiger - a bofors is stuck wherever you place it.

The building thing needs fixed.

There's the sound of the bofors firing. Likewise there's plenty of time to retreat or move after the first volley.

Honestly most people that get caught out by this tend to clump up way too much. Attacking a bofors with mortars? Well don't stack them on top of each other.
27 Apr 2016, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 09:39 AMtenid

On the other hand - name any other unit that is perfectly countered by a single mortar/AT gun/ISG. And I mean perfectly. Even a conscript can run from a king tiger - a bofors is stuck wherever you place it.

PaK43?
Flake emplacement?
17-pounder?
27 Apr 2016, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 09:45 AMKatitof

PaK43?
Flake emplacement?
17-pounder?

Fair point, but:

Doctrinal
Horribly broken anyway
Also a brit emplacement

In the case of the pak43 and 17pdr they also both have a huge range to deal with their intended targets, and are both late game units.
28 Apr 2016, 04:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 10:28 AMtenid

Fair point, but:

Doctrinal
Horribly broken anyway
Also a brit emplacement

In the case of the pak43 and 17pdr they also both have a huge range to deal with their intended targets, and are both late game units.

But the Bofort already has Brace to save it from artillery. It also comes out soearly its infuriating to spam arty just to take 1 Bofort down, which doesnt end up being much lost for the Brit anyways.

I tried the Bofort a few days ago, put it on a VP and the enemy fell before it. Three mortars? NP Bofort artillery and mortar pit wiped them. Only way the Axis broke through was when they got the whole other side(lots of fuel) and after sending a KT, lots of inf and plus a lot of flanking tanks. And that only worked on the third try. I felt bad for them though. So long for a silly cheap emplacement. Playing was boring too though, mobile Brits are so much more enjoyable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★