Login

russian armor

The future of COH2 post April / May patch

25 Apr 2016, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 17:01 PMGenObi
basically your mad that your going to have to place some effort behind your wins, well get with the program

Jesus Christ, have you ever considered not shit-posting?
25 Apr 2016, 17:09 PM
Donator 11

The tears on this forum...

Do you not remember literally less than 1 year ago when OKW received so many buffs that it had to be multiple hot fixed just to let other factions even have a chance to make it to the 15 minute mark?

Relax and leave constructive criticism so we can decide about the mod. COH2 is not ending, we are just in the midst of a major balance change.

Lest we forget the cold December patch of 2015. We try not to remember the horrors.
25 Apr 2016, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 17:04 PMSlaYoU

If that was the only concern, i would be happy with it. I rather fear for the faction's potential to get ANY kind of win, across all modes. But whatever, i knew i'd drew hate by creating this thread, be my guest and go on :)

Its not hate, its a observation. As far as i can tell it seems people want to do the least amount to win, that is what the shreck blob represents and its disgusting. I happen to be around 103 spot on the ladder with the okw (last time i check,a few spaces up or down give or take) and some of those wins i didn't even buy a single volks. Why? becasue the okw is a extremely well equipped faction that doesn't need to relie on shrecks to win. People just are so dead set on one strategy that they are blinded to what the faction has to offer.
25 Apr 2016, 17:12 PM

Jesus Christ, have you ever considered not shit-posting?

Of course, i've consider it....only when you don't have shit ideas to post. Sh it post require sh it responses.

Oh and playcard pls... your starting to sound like a 4v4 axis hero
25 Apr 2016, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 17:09 PMMittens

Lest we forget the cold December patch of 2015. We try not to remember the horrors.

it wasn't just that patch.....sometimes the OKW was so absurd that things like 5 at guns and a mine couldn't stop a KT Tank, you could buy more then one KT tank, Shreck and Ober combo was the ultimate combination, a single Ober squad with a already equip mg34 could take out 2-3 of your own squads single handly.....Kubels as far as i can see instant suppressing......the horrors the horrors

............LEST WE FORGET..........
25 Apr 2016, 17:43 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 17:12 PMGenObi

Of course, i've consider it....only when you don't have shit ideas to post. Sh it post require sh it responses.

Oh and playcard pls... your starting to sound like a 4v4 axis hero

While I liked your response to my 2015 horror. Don't pull the "playercard" thing, its silly to lock out a large portion of coh2 players (more players than 1v1 even) who play primarily a larger gamemode. We should strive to balance 1v1 and 2v2s as 2v2 changes would carry over to 4v4's respectively. Lest I remind you of the play axis as allies 4v4 exploit you used.

Everyone has something bad about themselves, ply don't lower yourself to this playercard nonsense that makes us out to being nothing better than cod players.
25 Apr 2016, 17:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Offensive post invised. No more of that please.

Back to topic
25 Apr 2016, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 17:43 PMMittens

While I liked your response to my 2015 horror. Don't pull the "playercard" thing, its silly to lock out a large portion of coh2 players (more players than 1v1 even) who play primarily a larger gamemode. We should strive to balance 1v1 and 2v2s as 2v2 changes would carry over to 4v4's respectively. Lest I remind you of the play axis as allies 4v4 exploit you used.

Everyone has something bad about themselves, ply don't lower yourself to this playercard nonsense that makes us out to being nothing better than cod players.

If your reffering about how i switch from allies on axis and alies on axis, news flash cupcake its not a secert,it was meant to spread far and wide so it can gain attention to be fixed, i could of shown people how to use it but the horrors of the okw where enough.

Oh and playcard IS indication of a player and SHOULD be use to gather a idea on where they are in skill, what game mode they have experience in and moat importantly how much time spent with the game. Its not meant to lock anyone out but a small summary of said player experience. If anyone ask anyone for playcard it ahould be for good intentions to understand where that players come from.
Unless of course you want to balance from bottom top.
25 Apr 2016, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 18:26 PMGenObi

(...) Oh and playcard IS indication of a player and SHOULD be use to gather a idea on where they are in skill (...)

There was a good discussion back on another thread about the importance or not of playercard showing. I'd say, if you ask for it, you'd better show yours as well, so not to sound a bit like a hypocrite.
25 Apr 2016, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 17:11 PMGenObi

Its not hate, its a observation. As far as i can tell it seems people want to do the least amount to win, that is what the shreck blob represents and its disgusting. I happen to be around 103 spot on the ladder with the okw (last time i check,a few spaces up or down give or take) and some of those wins i didn't even buy a single volks. Why? becasue the okw is a extremely well equipped faction that doesn't need to relie on shrecks to win. People just are so dead set on one strategy that they are blinded to what the faction has to offer.

I don't blob schreks either. I have at most 3 volks at a time and only usually upgrade two with schreks. (I still get opponents accusing me of bobbing though, which is funny cos they are usually ukf or usf players with massive engineer or rifle blobs of five squads each.) But that doesn't mean I won't use schreks and don't miss them. Tell me you never use schreks even if you don't blob?
25 Apr 2016, 19:05 PM

People dislike the changes for 3 reasons:
1. The seem radical
2. They reduce the power of blobs
3. They originate from a fellow player

My response:
1. Good: the game DOES need radical change. The devs are too timid to do it so they are trying changes from the community. I don't care where it comes from; any radical change is good to test.
2. L2p
3. You may think you're better that Mira, you may think you're worse... but relic didn't ask you for your changes. They asked Mira.

TLDR; dilute your salt in some more tears before offering up for consumption.

+1 for summing up all the forum rage right now in one simple post.
25 Apr 2016, 19:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 19:00 PMRappy

I don't blob schreks either. I have at most 3 volks at a time and only usually upgrade two with schreks. (I still get opponents accusing me of bobbing though, which is funny cos they are usually ukf or usf players with massive engineer or rifle blobs of five squads each.) But that doesn't mean I won't use schreks and don't miss them. Tell me you never use schreks even if you don't blob?

Oh course i use shrecks because on how insanely effect the weapon is, i often buy a single volks squad and call him my "token volks". The problem with the shrecks is not that they are aviable and good its that they are to much aviable and too good.

Thats what this patch is set to fix, we cant have a anti everything blob be the go too strategy.

Yeah sometimes i get called a blober with either 1 volks squad or two riflemen sqauds lol.
25 Apr 2016, 19:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 18:26 PMGenObi

If your reffering about how i switch from allies on axis and alies on axis, news flash cupcake its not a secert,it was meant to spread far and wide so it can gain attention to be fixed, i could of shown people how to use it but the horrors of the okw where enough.

Oh and playcard IS indication of a player and SHOULD be use to gather a idea on where they are in skill, what game mode they have experience in and moat importantly how much time spent with the game. Its not meant to lock anyone out but a small summary of said player experience. If anyone ask anyone for playcard it ahould be for good intentions to understand where that players come from.
Unless of course you want to balance from bottom top.

Regardless of how much 4v4 we should take all viewpoints into consideration and as a community we should understand the game mechanics and justify whether or not a change is good. All I was saying is that calling someone a "4v4 hero" imply's that the 4v4 gamemode shouldn't be taken into account for balancing purpose and as such I just said I didn't agree with your statement.

Sure a play card can show you faction preference, most played game mode, and number of games played, but doesn't take into account how well you can play.

Regardless these posts are off topic and should look back on the first post. I think CoH2's future looks pretty alright, this patch looks like its trying to fix a lot of long term issues that have been community requested fixes for years. The added war spoils fix should be nice as we will be able to buy skins, commanders, and whatever we want so that's fixed. IDK what else more I could ask for but for continued support from Community maps and community led hotfixes/smaller patches. This game needs large changes in order to help the long term state of this game and as such need to brace for radical changes.
25 Apr 2016, 19:12 PM

There was a good discussion back on another thread about the importance or not of playercard showing. I'd say, if you ask for it, you'd better show yours as well, so not to sound a bit like a hypocrite.

No sir you are right, that is a good idea and i second this "unspoken rule" that if someone ask they should prepare to give yours.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198012278664
25 Apr 2016, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 19:12 PMGenObi

No sir you are right, that is a good idea and i second this "unspoken rule" that if someone ask they should prepare to give yours.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198012278664

:thumbsup:

I envy your stats, by the way :p
25 Apr 2016, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 19:11 PMMittens
Regardless these posts are off topic and should look back on the first post. I think CoH2's future looks pretty alright, this patch looks like its trying to fix a lot of long term issues that have been community requested fixes for years. The added war spoils fix should be nice as we will be able to buy skins, commanders, and whatever we want so that's fixed. IDK what else more I could ask for but for continued support from Community maps and community led hotfixes/smaller patches. This game needs large changes in order to help the long term state of this game and as such need to brace for radical changes.

That's a fair share of optimism. I can appreciate that, even if i'm sceptical.
25 Apr 2016, 19:19 PM

:thumbsup:

I envy your stats, by the way :p

Lol thank you!

And your right mittens about making sure we see all view points. This patch will help the game long term and make it a joy to play.

I forsee the removal of shrecks to have the same effect of nerfing the maxim spam, thats reducing the one unit meta and have a more robust strategy.
25 Apr 2016, 19:22 PM

I pretty much feel the same as OP, though not as extreme.

OKW is going to be overnerfed if all those changes make it into the game. The delay put on the trucks with the fuel cost and the dependance on the Raketenwerfer is indeed huge.

Late game is shifted a bit towards Allies again with the T-34 buffs and Heavy tank armor nerfs which affect Germans a bit harder as they have more heavy vehicles that are meta. The SU-85 penetration buff (better than less penetration + faster reload) and the Firefly reload time decrease are also quite significant.

Ostheer T4 on the other hand is going t be cheaper and thus more viable. Especially the Brummbär buff is nice. Thus it´s no secret that OKW and Ostheer will change roles and Ostheer will be the meta faction for Axis players. Brummbär + Pak wall is my guess (for 2vs2s at least).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★