Login

russian armor

5 Minor Suggestions

24 Apr 2016, 20:31 PM

First of all, thanks for the balance preview patch, it's looking great so far. However, I'm hoping it's not too late for you to look into these 5 minor suggestions:

1. Valentine
I'm both surprised and happy to see the upcoming changes to the Sexton. With some minor tweaks to the Valentine I believe the Royal Artillery commander could be a real joy to play. I don't really mind that this tank is currently a bit weak for it's price/CP. My only problem with this unit is that its synergy with the Sexton kicks in too late. My suggestion is therefore to either move the Vet 1 ability to Vet 0, or to decrease the XP requirements for reaching Vet 1.

2. WC51
Same as with the Valentine, I don't mind its slightly high fuel cost and mediocre performance. I view this unit as a niche unit that's supposed to fulfill one single role, namely to increase USF mobility. Which is why I find it a bit strange that its acceleration is so slow; less than half of the Kubel's. The rotation rate could also be improved. My suggestion is to either: (a) remove Vet 1 and increase acceleration or (b) increase HP slightly and reduce XP requirements for Vet 1 slightly.

3. 17-Pounder
20 Pop Cap, ugh... could it at least be reduced to 15? I'd rather see a reduction to 15 accompanied with some small nerfs to other stats, than keeping it at 20. Just my opinion.

4. OKW 2cm Flak Emplacement
It's just not worth building. It hits the ground far too often, and it decrews too easily. I believe there are more than enough threads regarding how this can be fixed already, so I won't make any further comments.

5. Tank Traps
Builders (of all factions) still get stuck between two tank traps occasionally. Increase the spacing just a little bit more if possible.

That's all, thanks for reading :)
24 Apr 2016, 21:40 PM

Great post. I'd suggest the valentine coming at 3 (unlikely) or 4 CP's. It could be a bad substitute for the AEC, but with current 6 CP requirement, this kind of choice comes way too late.

ANd the 17-pounder really could be 15 popcap, with no other adjustments. It already works as a "less" powerfull Pak43, with the "ignore shotblockers button", which is a bonus feature of the Pak.
25 Apr 2016, 18:40 PM

Thanks! I actually made a poll back in February, where 38% of the votes were in favor of reducing the CP requirement.

Link to the poll: https://www.coh2.org/topic/49486/sexton-valentine-and-17-pounder/page/1#post_id493833

Personally I fear that a reduced CP requirement will lead to nerfs of other stats. And the end result is... just another generic light tank. Which is why I'm hoping that they'll rather just reduce the XP requirements so that it can actually work as (I believe) it was intended: as a unit to be used in synergy with the Sexton.
25 Apr 2016, 18:52 PM

Well reasoned and thought out post/ideas. +1 :thumb:
25 Apr 2016, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 18:40 PMHavenco

Personally I fear that a reduced CP requirement will lead to nerfs of other stats. And the end result is... just another generic light tank. Which is why I'm hoping that they'll rather just reduce the XP requirements so that it can actually work as (I believe) it was intended: as a unit to be used in synergy with the Sexton.

I'd make my point by saying that no nerfs are needed for the valentine - just put that at 4 cp and see how it goes. Most probably it'll be fine, and will see some vet on it, finally. But I know that sometimes, people think that if you buff something, a nerf should come as well.

I think the valentine was born nerfed. :D
25 Apr 2016, 19:07 PM

What do you think about chaning pretty useless Valentine to Sexton GPO, which will be like Panther command, but for your and your allie's artillery?

(just suggestion).
25 Apr 2016, 19:20 PM

i like 1 and 3 for the wc51 i think i just needs accuracy buff to make up for the unit just sucking bad and being expensive... i can alway micro well and have a vet 3 early in game but its not making a difference really and usually causes more micro then i should have to use. making me lose ground when i should be winning after spending all that fuel for a EARLY DOCTRINAL UNIT
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★