Login

russian armor

Do volks really need stg44?

25 Apr 2016, 01:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 00:57 AMGenObi

I think your wrong, the notes say the faust will act like the grendier faust.

I agree. I just now read in the notes, "Panzerfaust ability added which is unlocked after a truck is built. (Panzerfaust works just like the Grenadier Panzerfaust)" which contradicts what was said in the stream Thursday. Since the notes were put out Friday they probably emphasized this point with the parenthesis comments to indicate its precedence.
25 Apr 2016, 01:32 AM

for the good of this game I hope this patch doesnt come true.
25 Apr 2016, 01:34 AM

for the good of this game I hope this patch doesnt come true.

On the contray friend this patch needed to come out ages ago
25 Apr 2016, 02:07 AM

actual version is probably the most balanced version in game history. relic need more work in tactics and counter tactics no in this kind of changes. actualy victory depends on the type of map, in open maps usa and okw are crazy strong, and in closed maps with many buildings british and Wehrmacht are imposible to defeat (map is random in automatch). the answer for this is simple; mg,sniper,mortar,Atgun for all armies, Better or worse, before or after, but for all armies. Without this this game never will be balanced, the problem is not shreks on volks....

i play whith all armies, that balance notes are crazy. i cant understand why relic consider make those changes....
buff allies and nerf axis = balance broken.
25 Apr 2016, 03:31 AM

Seriously, why are volks an issue again?! they won't change anything, they will just get better.

you guys are talking like volks are getting nerfed or something, they will just lose their precious shrek, that's it! They still do 12 dmg per shot (which is bullpudding early game and scale excellently into late game) they still have flame and assault nades and they will keep their AT capabilities (light vehicles still won't stand to faust shower).

so, what was the problem again? because volks are faring very well right now and they will keep faring okay after the changes.

Like some guy posted a few posts ago, l2adapt (like most allied players were forced to).

also, lets actually PLAY THE PATCH before jumping into conclusions.
25 Apr 2016, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 00:46 AMTobis
I like it, they feel really unique with the mix of long and short range damage. Would like if they were buffed mp-40s just because few units use them, but it's no big deal.

I agree, MP40's would be nicer than the StG44. It would be a neat nod to CoH 1 Volks, especially in combination with the faust.
Plus, as I keep saying: OKW has no MP40s at all at the moment.

And, even though StG44's may be "more historically accurate" they kinda feel too "elite" and overkill-like (not talking about stats) on a cheap, mostly not-so-well-trained unit like volks.
25 Apr 2016, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 10:05 AMFluffi

I agree, MP40's would be nicer than the StG44. It would be a neat nod to CoH 1 Volks, especially in combination with the faust.

And, even though StG44's may be "more historically accurate" they kinda feel too "elite" and overkill-like (not talking about stats) on a cheap, mostly not-so-well-trained unit like volks.

Volksgren IRL actually got quite a few STG-44s as well, especially since it is a mixed bag of old vets, Kriegsmarine/ Luft personnel without the ships/ planes, and random potatoes.
25 Apr 2016, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 03:31 AMzerocoh
Seriously, why are volks an issue again?! they won't change anything, they will just get better.

you guys are talking like volks are getting nerfed or something, they will just lose their precious shrek, that's it! They still do 12 dmg per shot (which is bullpudding early game and scale excellently into late game) they still have flame and assault nades and they will keep their AT capabilities (light vehicles still won't stand to faust shower).

so, what was the problem again? because volks are faring very well right now and they will keep faring okay after the changes.

Like some guy posted a few posts ago, l2adapt (like most allied players were forced to).

also, lets actually PLAY THE PATCH before jumping into conclusions.

How about you firsly read my post closely and secondly how about you play with StG volks in competitive edition mod, then you comeback and say us how StG volks are great at sucking against everything but cons.
25 Apr 2016, 14:52 PM
Donator 33

I'm fine with Volks having StGs but only 2 of them won't make a huge difference.

Upgrading StGs could unlock an ability similar to Tactical Advance.

Like 25 muni, 30 sec duration, +50% accuracy, reduced speed

Stats are debatable.
26 Apr 2016, 00:48 AM

How about you firsly read my post closely and secondly how about you play with StG volks in competitive edition mod, then you comeback and say us how StG volks are great at sucking against everything but cons.

Perhaps it has something to do that the mp44's of the volks sucks balls compared to the pg or sp stg 44. To be honest they suck so muhc i wonder if its a bug. panzerbuche will not work anyway you are creating a squad that cannot AI or AT , something the guards suffered for a long time.

I would recommend that the vg's mp44 upgrade price is increased to 90 ammo and that they receive 3 stg44's with the same profile as the pg's
26 Apr 2016, 00:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 10:05 AMFluffi

Do you even realise that the mp40's of the volks in coh 1 where pretty much the same as the mp44's of coh2? they excelled in close and midrange.
26 Apr 2016, 02:00 AM

All,

As a new player, I'm uncertain what to think of the pending changes. What's the difference between the panzerfaust and the panzerscrheck? If the Volks get panzerfaust in addition to the StG44 don't they still have the anti-tank capabilities?

Thank you.
26 Apr 2016, 02:32 AM

All,

As a new player, I'm uncertain what to think of the pending changes. What's the difference between the panzerfaust and the panzerscrheck? If the Volks get panzerfaust in addition to the StG44 don't they still have the anti-tank capabilities?

Thank you.

Well foremost i like to welcome you.

Now a quick summary would be that the PanzerShreck is a shoulder fire rocket propel weapon in game that can be equiped by Volksgrendiers and Panzergrendiers.

A panzerfuast is a single shot rocket proppel weapon that is treated as a single use weapon thats "snare" enemy vechicles by causing a critical mainly a engine damage.

In a way YES the volks do have anti vehicles capalities the only differences is instead of volks having the ability destroy enemy vehicles directly they have to rely on dedicated AT unit.

How does this effect me? (you)

Not much, hopefully this patch is implemented and will influence newer players a combine arms approach instead relying specifically on this weapon.

Why the change?

Many of us felt that having a extremely potent Anti tank weapon (specific stats avaible upon request) and the combination of a cheap started core unit that can/is likely bought multiple times eliminated the competitive nature and enjoyment of the game, specifically where as vehicles like tanks are suppose to counter infantry, volks in this respect elminated their own hard counter both due to low armor allie vehicles and high pen high damage shreck weapon.

Relic luckly listen to the concerns of the community with few who disagree, enlisted some high ranking player's and use the template from a excellant mod and modder of migfla to iron out not only the unpleasant shrecks but also other adjustments to make the game more competative and balance.

Was there a reason why the weapon emplement in the first place?

Yes, when the OKW was first conceived the shreck was implement as a "stop gap" between infantry and vehicles to help compensate the okw lack of resources which where cut to simulate "late war germany". However with the OkW with full resources it no longer needs this and is why many other abiliets where taken away as it provides a unfair advantage to the faction.

26 Apr 2016, 02:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

All,

Thank you.

Have you played OKW? In that case, it's like the Panzerfusiliers' AT Rifle Grenade but better.
26 Apr 2016, 03:09 AM

Would it be a stupid idea to implement FG-42's for Volks? I realize they're called Fallschirmjaegergehwers for a reason but it would be an extra option much like USF gets a more expensive LMG. Maybe a side grade tech cost included?

Since clearly 2x STG's aren't cutting it for some players.
26 Apr 2016, 04:57 AM

Would it be a stupid idea to implement FG-42's for Volks? I realize they're called Fallschirmjaegergehwers for a reason but it would be an extra option much like USF gets a more expensive LMG. Maybe a side grade tech cost included?

Since clearly 2x STG's aren't cutting it for some players.

well heres the thing, the goal is not to make volks amazingly good, there suppose to be "okay", they are after all basic core infantry.
26 Apr 2016, 08:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 04:57 AMGenObi

well heres the thing, the goal is not to make volks amazingly good, there suppose to be "okay", they are after all basic core infantry.

They're still 250 mp. Don't forget how utterly bad Volks have been throughout their history, even when looking at their cost.
26 Apr 2016, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 08:28 AMDomine

They're still 250 mp. Don't forget how utterly bad Volks have been throughout their history, even when looking at their cost.

History matters little when discussing PRESENT and FUTURE balance.
250 is still pretty cheap, especially considering the fact that OKW has extra mp at the start compared to other armies.

They are supposed to be tad better cons right now and that is exactly what they are.
They will be still reliable and backbone unit, but they won't be the only unit you'll need until panther/KT arrives.

StGs are decent replacements for shrecks, they definitely improve them in noticable way, but if you want to be on pair with allied infantry, you need to go for elite inf of your own.

From what I've played on the mod, stgs are pretty ok replacement.
26 Apr 2016, 08:58 AM

I'll think about it or give Sturms shrecks

Give it to obers aside lmg upgrade.
26 Apr 2016, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 08:42 AMKatitof

History matters little when discussing PRESENT and FUTURE balance.
250 is still pretty cheap, especially considering the fact that OKW has extra mp at the start compared to other armies.

They are supposed to be tad better cons right now and that is exactly what they are.
They will be still reliable and backbone unit, but they won't be the only unit you'll need until panther/KT arrives.

StGs are decent replacements for shrecks, they definitely improve them in noticable way, but if you want to be on pair with allied infantry, you need to go for elite inf of your own.

From what I've played on the mod, stgs are pretty ok replacement.

This only works if they are going to be able to stand up to upgraded and vetted rifles, is and future penals. And this requires some tweaking in their stg's and vet. otherwise late game they are going to be wasted manpower.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★