Login

russian armor

Do volks really need stg44?

23 Apr 2016, 22:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not a terrible idea, but idk...wouldn't that put a lot of weight on Sturmpio's shoulders? Building, repairing, sweeping, tank-hunting? You'd need to make at least two every game. It gives it sort of a Panzer Elite feel but I think Sturms should stick to being primarily support/repair units.

It's not like the Shreck is OKW's only source of AT against early light vehicles...I think people have forgotten how good a Puma is in the right hands.

People suggested that a long time ago and I was afraid that would be a problem as well, but it shouldn't be while Volks have a Faust. Then SPs will only have that weight if their player decides to, considering there is a reasonable alternative (Volks+R43s).

That's the thing though, if they are intending to be defensive units, that fancy stock MG34 has the capabilities to suppress anything at range.

A squad with SMGs is excellent at defending an MG from a closing flank.

It's like PGs all over again.
23 Apr 2016, 23:47 PM

people worried about smoke and flank to mg34. but volks now have close fire power(STG44). smoke dashing is also good chance for volks. don't worry
24 Apr 2016, 18:58 PM

I personally found when testing the mod that the Volks become a great mainline unit with the STG upgrade. They aren't supposed to excel, but rather serve as your basic unit while being supported with team weapons.(Volks with 34 support was good) They also made a great meat shield for the obers late game while also serving as a vehicle deterrent. The ISG with smoke rounds also had an interesting role, allowing the volks to push up and make use of their newfound firepower.

I still feel the shrek upgrade should be put on the sturms somehow, as well as perhaps adding a vet bonus to the Volks with the STG's in mind (maybe an extra STG with vet 3 or something?)

The Racketten also needs looking at, since its still a little too derpy for my tastes.
24 Apr 2016, 19:24 PM

I think the only reason why people are bothered about the shreck is they will no longer be able to build one unit that does it all. Its actually going to have to take some effort from the okw player to win engagements.

Volks plus fuast plus raken or puma is going to have to have some micro behind it which is good for not only the game but for promoting light vehicle play.

For the rest of you who claim otherwise, get gud. Easy win mode is ending.
24 Apr 2016, 20:44 PM

I think its time to return the vet 5 received accuracy buff for the volks. now they are expected to stand their ground to allied mainline infantry and are no longer an AT squad. And before you start bitching remember that without shreks they will not reach vet 5 that fast
24 Apr 2016, 20:46 PM

Were they charging into cons? Volks have terrible RA bonuses which might be changed.They aren't assault infantry. If vs Cons and eary USF, let them come to you.

The StG by mid-late game is support DPS against mid-short range Allied infantry while Volks provide faust support. Volks by mid-late should be supplemented by MGs from the HQ, call-ins, or Obers.

Also, Raketens are near levels of other ATGs in my mod. I didn't think they should keep the cloak gimmick stock. It has the same accuracy as other ATGs and has a rate of fire on par with the 6pdr. I'll attempt to do so more spacing changes and redjust price.

As for possible AT rifles, I'll think about it or give Sturms shrecks so Volks aren't the solution to everything early game. But we'll have to see.

You need to get a real job m8 and stop screwing with balance, relic was so short on staff they had to use ur ideas.
Most changes were good , but u ruined OKW .

24 Apr 2016, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2016, 20:46 PMrush

You need to get a real job m8 and stop screwing with balance, relic was so short on staff they had to use ur ideas.
Most changes were good , but u ruined OKW .

Well not ruined, but OKW really need some deeper changes, because right now they are really meh in competitive mod, even if you play "just for fun", i.m. when you play with your friends or so and they dont do full cheese on you or with main idea to win.
24 Apr 2016, 21:10 PM

If they do implement all these changes, then I would suggest OKW guys to ignore volks completely. Save the munition of faust and use it on mines. Sturms, mgs and kubels should take care of every allies infantry early on. In mod, volks late game, even with 5 vet and 2 stgs, is really really bad. They get owned by rifleman very easily so they will be more like a liability than anything else. Sturms and obers/PFs/FFs are far far better for AI role. Mines are also better than faust any day.

Also, if nothing works then play allies to keep that BP down.
24 Apr 2016, 22:03 PM

Yes, but it means there's still less smoke along the approach to the MG if he's smoking at range 30 rather than range 15-20 you have much more time to prepare units for the assault through the smoke and you'll get sight of them much sooner. It also means your opponent has much less sight as he had to the toss the smoke much closer to himself versus his opponent.

Then the I just smoke again with a 2nd squad and bunny-hop forward with my BAR/M1919 blob.

Hell, I dont even need smoke considering upgraded rifles just rofl over MGs, nevermind the stg volks.
24 Apr 2016, 22:29 PM

yes, its historically accurate.

I like it
25 Apr 2016, 00:27 AM

Seems that okw players will simply have to adapt, sorry guys no more easy wins. Your gonna have to learn to snare and use combine arms to bring down tanks, no more mass blobs of dooms that you been getting away with.
25 Apr 2016, 00:46 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I like it, they feel really unique with the mix of long and short range damage. Would like if they were buffed mp-40s just because few units use them, but it's no big deal.
25 Apr 2016, 00:49 AM

There's no snaring like with Grens. If you watch Relic's Thursday broadcast they mention VGs fasut will cause no engine crits/damage. It will have a longer range than a Gren's and it will do more damage. If you want a Gren like faust as OKW, you'll need Fallschirmjägers.

It sounds like the idea is between the increased damage VG faust and the RW, they will chase off enemy light vehicles, possibly destroying them with enough hits but it'll be a different dynamic than OH.

Depending on damage increase, you might be able to still field VGs in some numbers, save your mun and faust a vehicle to death. It would introduce a choice in how you spend your MUN, incendiary vs faust.
25 Apr 2016, 00:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 00:27 AMGenObi
Seems that okw players will simply have to adapt, sorry guys no more easy wins. Your gonna have to learn to snare and use combine arms to bring down tanks, no more mass blobs of dooms that you been getri g away with.

Thank you for your free thread bumping, because your posts can be only used for bumping really.

We have 2 pages of quite nice discusstion and we dont need your l2p, l2adapt shit, sorry. And learn 2 read please, especially I suggest you to read first sentence of my original post. No-one, I repeat, no-one said that schreck on volks is a good idea. So stop with your shitposting, plz.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 00:46 AMTobis
I like it, they feel really unique with the mix of long and short range damage. Would like if they were buffed mp-40s just because few units use them, but it's no big deal.

They are suffering from consctipts syndrome.

Volks are still very-very weak, and they cant usually stay in the fire fight by their own. They still got stomped by rifles in most of the cases, tommy rapes them, penals and any doc inf eats them.

While soviets at least can field support weapons or call-in inf or even penals (but who need cons if you have penals), to supports cons right of the bat, while OKW still have to play like first 7-8 mins only with vols or sturmpios. And its really better to have second sturm + kuble, rather then volks.
25 Apr 2016, 00:57 AM

There's no snaring like with Grens. If you watch Relic's Thursday broadcast they mention VGs fasut will cause no engine crits/damage. It will have a longer range than a Gren's and it will do more damage. If you want a Gren like faust as OKW, you'll need Fallschirmjägers.

It sounds like the idea is between the increased damage VG faust and the RW, they will chase off enemy light vehicles, possibly destroying them with enough hits but it'll be a different dynamic than OH.

Depending on damage increase, you might be able to still field VGs in some numbers, save your mun and faust a vehicle to death. It would introduce a choice in how you spend your MUN, incendiary vs faust.

I think your wrong, the notes say the faust will act like the grendier faust.
25 Apr 2016, 01:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They are suffering from consctipts syndrome.

Volks are still very-very weak, and they cant usually stay in the fire fight by their own. They still got stomped by rifles in most of the cases, tommy rapes them, penals and any doc inf eats them.

They are getting beat by more expensive, better infantry. What do you expect? Get some call-ins or obers.
25 Apr 2016, 01:06 AM

Volks need G43, not Stg44
25 Apr 2016, 01:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 01:06 AMHikuran
Volks need G43, not Stg44

I'd leave the G43s to Ostheer and Panzerfussies. I'd rather see the squad receive 5x mp40s all better than the weapon team's version. It would turn them into a better version of assault grenadiers.
25 Apr 2016, 01:15 AM

I'd leave the G43s to Ostheer and Panzerfussies. I'd rather see the squad receive 5x mp40s all better than the weapon team's version. It would turn them into a better version of assault grenadiers.

Mp40 is a good idea but it suits for another play-style

G43-Volks are for medium-long range harassing and damage dealing, it can work on their own if massed(spammed)

Mp40-Volks is more like a weapon-support types, their main role is to support weapons team and counter-charge. They can try ambush enemy at corner but can never just "spam" onto enemy lines, that's suicide

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★