Login

russian armor

Off-Maps in HQ Sectors Poll

Should off-map arty/abilities (including strafes/bombing runs) be disabled within HQ sectors?
Option Distribution Votes
69%
0%
31%
Total votes: 16
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Apr 2016, 01:16 AM

It's been a point of contention for a while now, and there's still inconsistencies with which abilities can and cannot be used in HQ sectors. So I'd like to hear some thoughts on the matter, and whether or not such a change can be implemented in the upcoming balance preview.
22 Apr 2016, 03:09 AM

What do you define as a "HQ Sector"?
Are you counting OKW trucks as HQ Sectors? What if they're built together in a sector?

Offensive artillery (IE - one where the longer the enemy is there, the more shells drop) is already disabled
22 Apr 2016, 03:13 AM

What do you define as a "HQ Sector"?
Are you counting OKW trucks as HQ Sectors? What if they're built together in a sector?

Offensive artillery (IE - one where the longer the enemy is there, the more shells drop) is already disabled

By HQ sector he means the sector in which the base emplacements are kept and where all tech structures (aside from OKW) are kept. Also, I don't know if there's any "types" of artillery in this game, the whole thing seems rather inconsistent, with almost all EFA abilities allowed in bases, some WFA abilities, and no BAF forces allowed in base IIRC.
22 Apr 2016, 03:14 AM
Donator 11

Yes they should be disabled.

you shouldn't be able to base cheese with stuka, IL2, ect.
It was for a time when you could build arty in your base but now its just an oversight.
22 Apr 2016, 03:19 AM

It should be one answer for all of such abilities in the game, not like now, when some abilities have such privilege without any reason. In my opinion - yes they should be disabled within HQ sector.
22 Apr 2016, 03:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Since WFA and UKF brought powercreep to offmaps thus they decide to disable some of them, my answer is yes so as to bring consistency overall.

On the other hand, i'll say we need less powerful bunkers inside base (OKW/USF)
22 Apr 2016, 03:49 AM

Since WFA and UKF brought powercreep to offmaps thus they decide to disable some of them, my answer is yes so as to bring consistency overall.

On the other hand, i'll say we need less powerful bunkers inside base (OKW/USF)

I know the OKW bunkers are more powerful, on account of them being able to damage light vehicles and shoot down planes rarely, but, other than the extra 2 on the base circle itself, what makes USF bunkers more powerful than Ost, Sov, or Brit bunkers?
22 Apr 2016, 19:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I know the OKW bunkers are more powerful, on account of them being able to damage light vehicles and shoot down planes rarely, but, other than the extra 2 on the base circle itself, what makes USF bunkers more powerful than Ost, Sov, or Brit bunkers?

The extra MGs on the circular base are unnecessary IMO. We have problems on certains maps that MG bunker cover part or completely strategic points outside base, sometimes this extra bunkers make it worst (example Crossing in the Woods).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS