Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
21 Apr 2016, 23:09 PM

Like most of the changes presented. Odd of this talk of OKW suddenly being vulnerable to light vehicles considering they'll get the Panzerfaust (same as OST) while also have a cloaked AT gun that can spring ambushes on light vehicles. (most of those requiring only two hits to destroy). A engine damage and Raket will solve any light vehicle issue if used wisely.

Mine could be changed for one model kill with the rest taking the normal damage.

Core Infantry/Small Team Weapon Spawn Points
A very odd choice and rather unnecessary to be honest.
21 Apr 2016, 23:10 PM

I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I am so very excited for these changes. HOWEVER, I do have concerns.

Let me preface this by saying my main faction is SU. I love the thematic intensity of playing that faction. That's why I want to address concerns with SU that I won't have with other factions, just because I know SU a lot and the other factions less so.

SU have always had shit units compensated for with amazing veterancy. T-34 gets a massive accuracy buff at vet 2. SU-85 gets a massive RoF buff at vet 2. Penals get a massive received accuracy modifier buff at vet 2 or 3. What I'm concerned about is the sheer power of these buffs + the amazing veterancies on top of it. T-34 already becomes a half-way decent tank that can reliably kill models every shot at vet 2. What will happen when it reaches vet 2 after the patch?
21 Apr 2016, 23:12 PM

imo some of these changes are kinda questionable, but what worries me the most is the suppression buff, combined with an mg thats 210 mp, has had its far range dps doubled, and is now stock. from a 2v2 perspective its gonna be really easy to lock down entire areas of the map WHILE still being able to play aggressive thanks to the medic truck in the early stages of the game.

ostheer has a powerful suppression platform but because they dont have a forward reinforce until later stages of the game it kinda balances itself out. they perform well defensively, but when pushed off they have a hard time coming back. with the new mg34, not only is it extremely hard to push them off because you cant nade them, they literally just have to fall back to forward medic hq and then retaking the ground they lost to displacing the MG is pretty trivial

edit: another one that im confused about is the cheaper t4. panzerwerfers will come out faster, and theyre already a very strong late game unit.
21 Apr 2016, 23:15 PM

I seriously don't get the "rape OKW with light vehicles" narrative. OST can relatively do well with Panzerfaust combined with 222 or PaK. Why can't OKW suddenly not do it with Faust with Puma/Raketen? You guys are fucking retarded. It's especially better with OKW now that Volks can tear units to shred. Just imagine 2 Sturms, 2 Volks with StGs (+Faust) blob and a Raketen close behind in the early game AND more mines than normal(from that extra munition). That shit is monstrously strong.
21 Apr 2016, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 23:06 PMRappy

Translation: I want to do even less work to earn my Brit victories. I want to be able to play this game with a gamepad.

Also, PIATs can definitely hit stationary targets. Plus they have longer range than panzerschreks same damage, more deflection, less penetration, faster reload. Then factor in you can have two on one engineer or other squad and it's pretty damn good.

Can it reliably hit a moving target like a Shreck?
21 Apr 2016, 23:21 PM
Donator 11

Too many ppl feel competent to make balance comments FeelsBadMan
21 Apr 2016, 23:34 PM

A very odd choice and rather unnecessary to be honest.

Have you played 4v4 Multi?
Many deuche nozzles think its funny to place wire on offmap spawn points, along with tank traps, in order to lose the game.
This counters that bullshit.
21 Apr 2016, 23:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

People complained EF factions were powercreeped, so Volks Schrecks are removed while non-doc HMG34 is added and then people ask why would they play OKW instead of Wehr :luvDerp:
21 Apr 2016, 23:36 PM

Have you played 4v4 Multi?
Many deuche nozzles think its funny to place wire on offmap spawn points, along with tank traps, in order to lose the game.
This counters that bullshit.

A lot of people here are super competitive players who mostly play 1v1 or 2v2 where this kind of shit doesn't happen at all. I have never touched 4v4 ever and will probably never do. That's why I also think it's really fucking weird.
21 Apr 2016, 23:43 PM

A lot of people here are super competitive players who mostly play 1v1 or 2v2 where this kind of shit doesn't happen at all. I have never touched 4v4 ever and will probably never do. That's why I also think it's really fucking weird.

Yeah, and I dont enjoy anal sex, but I'm not going to go out on a limb and ask the Australian Government to hang anyone who partakes in it...

It was weird to have them come off map in the first place; they should've done it like vCoH.
HOWEVER it will be interesting to see if this effects OKW.
Front line deployment Fresh off the assembly line LeiG/Obers anyone?
21 Apr 2016, 23:45 PM

Yeah, and I dont enjoy anal sex, but I'm not going to go out on a limb and ask the Australian Government to hang anyone who partakes in it...

It was weird to have them come off map in the first place; they should've done it like vCoH.
It isn't weird at all - it's actually more immersive because 1. They didn't appear out of the air. 2. It feels like they entered the battlefield by marching, which feels natural from an army standpoint.
21 Apr 2016, 23:46 PM

Depends what they mean by "Core infantry". It might just be the sturmpios/volks/raketen.
22 Apr 2016, 00:01 AM

Gg relic time to change to company of ally
Mortar to tier 0 to us (60mm)
Su 85 pen buff and vet buff
Auto spot Jackson
Side tech okw
Nerf armor tiger

See when Te fanboy try hard enough they can ruin a game

Fortunately I got sweet skin for us and all the important bulletin
22 Apr 2016, 00:02 AM

Penals long+short+garrison all in one. Looks like another OP units coming
22 Apr 2016, 00:08 AM

I genuinely hope this includes other non balance stuff like brit howitzers prefacing, HMG/vehicle manual reload, etc.

That's too much for one patch, relic cant do that.
22 Apr 2016, 00:18 AM

imo some of these changes are kinda questionable, but what worries me the most is the suppression buff, combined with an mg thats 210 mp, has had its far range dps doubled, and is now stock. from a 2v2 perspective its gonna be really easy to lock down entire areas of the map WHILE still being able to play aggressive thanks to the medic truck in the early stages of the game.

ostheer has a powerful suppression platform but because they dont have a forward reinforce until later stages of the game it kinda balances itself out. they perform well defensively, but when pushed off they have a hard time coming back. with the new mg34, not only is it extremely hard to push them off because you cant nade them, they literally just have to fall back to forward medic hq and then retaking the ground they lost to displacing the MG is pretty trivial

edit: another one that im confused about is the cheaper t4. panzerwerfers will come out faster, and theyre already a very strong late game unit.

Is it time to remove the forward retreat point from OKW? I would like to see that.

Someone else also mentioned, a vet 5 MG42, which is easily attainable after vet 1, is going to be ferocious. This will also have knock on effects because a Wehr player who loses an MG team and gives the gun to an OKW player will in fact get an upgraded MG42 supporting his men.

Also, the alien-cloak bug on JPIV needs to be addressed like 10 patches ago.
22 Apr 2016, 00:24 AM

Is it time to remove the forward retreat point from OKW? I would like to see that.

Someone else also mentioned, a vet 5 MG42, which is easily attainable after vet 1, is going to be ferocious. This will also have knock on effects because a Wehr player who loses an MG team and gives the gun to an OKW player will in fact get an upgraded MG42 supporting his men.

I'm 99% sure that when OKW units recrew anything, they only get the standard 3 star veterancy. However, that may be because they have their seperate, high vet units, so if they use the same weapon as the Ost 42 for the callins, you might be able to get 5 star vet from a 3 star vet unit. I don't really know how it will work out though, so I guess we'll just have to wait for the mod.
22 Apr 2016, 00:27 AM

Relic, here are a couple of units that are in need of looking at (with the current balance changes at the moment):
  • Obers will need a buff, or something that will make them shine in their AI due to volks taking that position.
  • Adding panzerjager, or giving sturmpioneers schrecks.
  • Make Wehrmacht trenches useful since they now have sandbags.
  • Stop the Jagdpanzer from using it's predator cloak while moving.
  • Think about the changes towards mines.
  • Scale conscript to have some chance vs other infantry.
  • Buff to the Ostwind's accuracy.
  • Buff to the Flak Emplacement.
  • Buff the M-42 somehow.
  • Slight buff to the Tiger/Tiger Ace to compensate for their greater weakness in the rear armor.
  • Reduce CP requirements of the Valentine, Hetzer, and Greyhound.
  • Buff the Greyhound in any way possible.
  • Decrease the chances of Guards throwing all of their weapons.
  • Buff the B4.
  • Etc.
22 Apr 2016, 00:27 AM

even with FRP removed, you can still soft retreat if you feel like youre gonna be overwhelmed, this is a huge bonus on certain maps like across the rhine or rails where retreating is extremely costly
22 Apr 2016, 00:34 AM

Relic, here are a couple of units that are in need of looking at (with the current balance changes at the moment):
  • Obers will need a buff, or something that will make them shine in their AI due to volks taking that position.
  • Adding panzerjager, or giving sturmpioneers schrecks.
  • Make Wehrmacht trenches useful since they now have sandbags.
  • Stop the Jagdpanzer from using it's predator cloak while moving.
  • Think about the changes towards mines.
  • Scale conscript to have some chance vs other infantry.
  • Buff to the Ostwind's accuracy.
  • Buff to the Flak Emplacement.
  • Buff the M-42 somehow.
  • Slight buff to the Tiger/Tiger Ace to compensate for their greater weakness in the rear armor.
  • Reduce CP requirements of the Valentine, Hetzer, and Greyhound.
  • Buff the Greyhound in any way possible.
  • Decrease the chances of Guards throwing all of their weapons.
  • Etc.

I agree...removing shreks completely is not good. I don't need those snares. Give shreks to sturms or introduce a new unit called XYZ that will cost 320 and can get 2 shreks. Also 2 stgs and 3 rifles does not have any sense. Increase the stg pack price to 75 and give 5 stgs.

If you really want to remove hand held AT, then remove zooks too. 3 rifleman with 6 zooks are very effective.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS