Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
21 Apr 2016, 20:50 PM

Is it so hard to get 2 (cheap) raketenwerfer and place some mines? OKW will be just fine.

2 reketes early game? volks will already be getting rofl stomped by superior allied infantry and now they will have to get even less infantry with your suggestion
21 Apr 2016, 20:51 PM

Is it so hard to get 2 (cheap) raketenwerfer and place some mines? OKW will be just fine.

Those "2 RWs" may cause MP starvation for OKW, actually. Before, we could use only 1 type of unit for AI and AT purpouses. Now we need 2 for doing same. So, it's additional MP spendings.

Just like USSR should always spend 320 MP for ZiS-3, cos they don't have other ATs in early. With non-doc PTRSs ZiS would be less needed, I suppouse.
21 Apr 2016, 20:55 PM

These units will be obsolete. don't change schreck.

Panzerfüsiliers
Jaeger Light Infantry Recon Squad
21 Apr 2016, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 20:50 PMAlphrum

2 reketes early game? volks will already be getting rofl stomped by superior allied infantry and now they will have to get even less infantry with your suggestion
No, obviously not. Just get one early game and then 2 after a luchs or a puma.
21 Apr 2016, 20:56 PM

volks's faust should cause engine damage and jadpanzer from schwerer should switch with searchlight to give them good early AT option and ofc price increase for the jadpanzer
21 Apr 2016, 20:58 PM

No, obviously not. Just get one early game and then 2 after a luchs or a puma.

So OKW HAS to get mechanized truck every first everytime? i would agree with you if their infantry could heal without battle group headquarters but no
21 Apr 2016, 20:59 PM

Their infantry could heal without battlegroup. It's called a medpack from the SturmPio. You should learn the game.
21 Apr 2016, 21:01 PM

Something that I haven't noticed anyone point out is that the Vickers are getting a pretty major indirect buff from this patch. The fact that non-snare grenades now have their range reduced by 33% while under suppression likely means that the days of crawling to toss a grenade in the Vickers building is over.

Unless I'm reading that wrong, in which case kindly ignore my insight.
21 Apr 2016, 21:04 PM

• Non-doctrinal PPsHs (even though on Penals) for soviets are a good thing in my book. Such an iconic & much used weapon should not be doctrine-only! So I like it.
  • Making support weapons more accessable (MG34) is good because the combined use of infantry and support weapons creates interesting gameplay! (It's that whole support weapon facing thing that makes it so interesting). Now make USF more support-weapon-like! Adding that T0 Mortar that was suppossed to come at one point would be a nice start :P
WHO
21 Apr 2016, 21:06 PM

These units will be obsolete. don't change schreck.

Panzerfüsiliers
Jaeger Light Infantry Recon Squad

fusiliers are for long range combat. they get a sniper level vision bonus with the g43 upgrade
JLI can spawn from buildings and crit low health squads. they can stand in back knocking down infantry while low cost volks grens charge with their combat upgrade package.

Maybe there's going to be some new commander with a doctrinal level shrek squad.
21 Apr 2016, 21:09 PM

Penal Buff
Panzershrek removed.

This looks like a good patch although I think they should add a normal hetzer or some sort of early-mid game AT to OKW to make up for lack of AT.

also sexton fix please, unless I overlooked it?
21 Apr 2016, 21:12 PM

I don't know how all that will translate into the actual game but I really hope players will be honest and open minded when it comes to balance suggestions.

OKW changes seem pretty heavy to me. I'm struggling a lot with Ostheer (note I'm far from good) and find OKW a bit easier to play (I don't schreckblob! Promised!) and more accessible. I fear it's going back to the old Puma -> Panther meta which was terrible imo.

I actually liked the idea Brad suggested as a change to Rifle blobs. But maybe I just like that so much because I'm struggling with that the most.

Anyway I guess we'll have to see how it turns out. Gotta learn everything from beginning! Damn it! :D
21 Apr 2016, 21:13 PM

Might it be an interesting suggestion to give the Sturms their Shrek upgrade they used to have?

Make it so that they either have to throw down T1 or T2 first, maybe the mechanised to encourage its use rather than the battlegroup. Make it a 60-80 range munitions upgrade, given the price and fragility of sturms it then wont be blobbed, and gives sturms some meaningful late game aside from repair parties. (they struggle to reach vet 3 as it is in most cases)

Making it a mechanised building upgrade also gives the OKW player a choice in either getting the battlegroup and its advantages, or the mech to counter particularly aggressive allied play.

I am a little worried about the fact the Faust wont snare (most players back off immediately knowing that it makes them more valuable) Simply damaging a light vehicle might not dissuade the offending vehicle enough to back off.

Still, I like the OKW changes so far. Nice to have a non-doctrinal mainline unit that isn't so late to the party and can actually focus on anti-infantry work. Compliments Obers or jaeger play as well. Also pleased to see OKW finally getting a non-doctrinal mg unit.
21 Apr 2016, 21:20 PM

I like the patch for the most part, look forward to hopefully seeing less blobby play.

I normally play OKW and I am a bit concerned about the shrek removal, but that could be pretty easily addressed by creating shrek-equipped panzerjager squad, maybe a 4-model team with 2 shreks. Make them t2, or move Obers to t2 and put the pzj in their place in t3.
21 Apr 2016, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 21:09 PMGrim
Penal Buff
I think they should add a normal hetzer or some sort of early-mid game AT to OKW to make up for lack of AT.

Like their cloaking at guns?
21 Apr 2016, 21:24 PM

Like their cloaking at guns?

Yeah tbh I think rakken (?) but most OKW players will just rage until Relic re-enables their ability to volkshrek blob, one of the worst aspects of this game by far.

SO by adding something in its place that requires micro and fuel to counter armour to appease them is good for everyone.
21 Apr 2016, 21:36 PM

Vet 5 MG42's

StG volks

Stock MG34

I think OKW are going to have zero need for Obers, Rakketen may need some arc buffs though
21 Apr 2016, 21:41 PM

Looks refreshing. Should be fun to try this out.
21 Apr 2016, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 20:28 PMRappy

+1000

Relic has gone insane.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Competitive Mod which this is based on?

Removing Schreks is like taking away the remedy for an illness (crappy AT gun and no faust) without doing shat about the illness itself. Gonna end badly.

Well you have to close in with StG volks to do damage good luck closing in on double LMG rifles/IS :sibHyena:
21 Apr 2016, 21:59 PM

If this goes live as is, welcome to a new era of early game light vehicles to rape OKW. Especially if Volks faust doesn't snare. Lame patch tbh, that brings back the Puma opening as the only viable opening for the faction. Hopefully beta test for this will end in utter failure.
PAGES (24)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 13
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %