Login

russian armor

Switching brummbar and ostwind tech building swap

20 Apr 2016, 22:44 PM

Soooo I'm curious to how this may be viewed to others. Many complain that the brummbar isn't good or it comes out to late in the game. So the idea is switching bummbar to t3 and ostwind to t4.

It doesn't solve the issue still though, which is balancing the one unit in t4, but I felt it would be a good excuse to buff the ostwind slightly in some manner in exchange for being in a later tier. I also find the ostwind to be an easier unit to balance and is much more reliable.

The brummbar probably only need some adjusting.

Honestly I feel like ostheers tier system should be

T3 - brummbar, stug III, panzerwerfer
t4 - p4, ostwind, panther

T4 basically being what t4 was in COH 1

Of course the way units are with their current stats would prob all need adjusted, but this is merely an idea of exploring in terms of creating more interesting gameplay.

What are other peoples thoughts and if you have a different idea, that would be cool to see as well.
20 Apr 2016, 23:39 PM

OR, we make those units actually useful in their tasks. It doesn't even have to be a flat boost that will transform those things into killer machines. Imagine an Ostwind that could suppress infantry with it's 37mm cannon, or a Brummbär with an KV-2 artillery mode.
21 Apr 2016, 00:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

But... that makes everything worse. Who would get an Ostwind in T4 if they won't get it in T3?
21 Apr 2016, 02:30 AM

no turret tank on T3 could be hard for early mid game in a city map. at least soviet still have T70 on T3
21 Apr 2016, 02:34 AM

OR, we make those units actually useful in their tasks. It doesn't even have to be a flat boost that will transform those things into killer machines. Imagine an Ostwind that could suppress infantry with it's 37mm cannon, or a Brummbär with an KV-2 artillery mode.

Pretty much this. Both those units are massively under-performing for their price/roles. The brit centurion is miles better than the OST and the KV-2 (even though it's doc) is infinitely better than the Brummbar.

Lets get these units to be actually worth the cost before moving them around.
21 Apr 2016, 02:40 AM

Both are fine as is.
21 Apr 2016, 02:44 AM

That does make T4 like CoH1 Wehrmacht T4, but it makes T3 a confusing and ill-timed mess.
21 Apr 2016, 02:46 AM

It really wouldn't help Ostheer at all. This would only unbalance an almost completely balanced faction (relatively).
21 Apr 2016, 03:36 AM

The brit centurion is miles better than the OST and the KV-2 (even though it's doc) is infinitely better than the Brummbar.

Lets get these units to be actually worth the cost before moving them around.

Centurion is a post war tank. You're thinking of the Centaur. Other than that you are pretty much spot on.
21 Apr 2016, 04:09 AM

Decrease brummbarrs cost, increase its crush and it's fine. Ostwinds need to be more accurate.
21 Apr 2016, 09:04 AM

I actually think this suggestion is worth trying. It allows Ostheer to avoid building both T3 and T4...
Brumbar should also get some bonus when firing on fortifications (similar to Avre) either in its normal shots or in its vet 1 barrage ability.

There is a rather easy fix for Ostwind worth trying. Just give the hull mg some suppression...
21 Apr 2016, 10:39 AM

brumabar is fine but i think sherman buldozer sux hard
21 Apr 2016, 10:53 AM

. Imagine an Ostwind that could suppress infantry with it's 37mm cannon, or a Brummbär with an KV-2 artillery mode.

imagine a T3476 could have Cromwell stat!
21 Apr 2016, 11:05 AM

brumbar spam vs usf =:lolol:
no really the usf guy will be like :gimpy:

cuz the brumbar stuns every paper tank like 50% of the time, imagine a whole bunch of them XD they will even reliable stun a pershing. :crazy:

and then when the usf blobs comes in to face your brumbars o man :hyper:

greetings a rare brumbar lover :blush:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight