Login

russian armor

When will Relic fix the counter barrage cancer

20 Apr 2016, 20:13 PM

When will Relic fix the counter barrage, the 100% accuracy and huge range free arty shots. This is just pure cancer, the only fix for the problem early on is indirect fire. Counter battery just completely shut it down. Well done Lelic, or shall I say Cancic?

I haven't seen an LeFH with this effectiveness.

Solution in my opinion is put it as a 30 second activation and then cooldown for 90 seconds.

The indirect fire cancer has to be over.
20 Apr 2016, 20:15 PM

Agree, either make it a cooldown/activated ability and/or make its CP higher, at like 6 or 7.
20 Apr 2016, 21:12 PM
Donator 11

Agreed, anyone that says it's ok is purely Allied fanboy.

Christ sake, even Allied fanboys I've met in game said it was Op and that it's payback for all the Axis op nonsense in the past. But this has been going on now for the PAST 3 PATCHES.

Wake up relic. This is an issue, maybe not in 1v1s but in team games it's absolutely horrendous.
20 Apr 2016, 21:14 PM

Problem with Advanced Regiment?
Free, unlimited Counter Battery.
Relic's solution?
Nerf health and HP bonuses.

Not sure if they are serious or just trolling us...
20 Apr 2016, 21:17 PM

Agreed, anyone that says it's ok is purely Allied fanboy.

Christ sake, even Allied fanboys I've met in game said it was Op and that it's payback for all the Axis op nonsense in the past. But this has been going on now for the PAST 3 PATCHES.

Wake up relic. This is an issue, maybe not in 1v1s but in team games it's absolutely horrendous.

I actually watched Helping Hans get murdered today vs. Paul in a 1v1 (OKW v Brits). Paul built two Mortar Pits and the 2 Liegs Hans built to counter them got rekted by the Counter Barrage; while the Mortar Pits reduced Han's infantry to pieces. Yes even in 1v1 Cancer Regiment is incredibly frustrating to deal with.
20 Apr 2016, 21:27 PM

Its a powerful ability but not uncounterable, shoot and move.
20 Apr 2016, 21:29 PM
Donator 11

For everytime someone uses this commander it should lock itself until he played AGAINST it.
Show me the group of players that actually ENJOYS playing against that...:loco:
20 Apr 2016, 21:38 PM

What do you think about moving that ability from "cancer fortifications" to "royal artillery". RA doctrine is most shamely poor docrine in game right now, it doesn't really makes UK's arty work more effective, as it should do. And Relic putted only good artillery-ability not in Royal Arty but in already OP doctrine. Logic?

Maybe, little nerfed version of "Counterbattery" would make RA little better, little more attractive and make UK's style more supportive with that, don't you think so?
20 Apr 2016, 23:40 PM

Probably never. They don't have a game design or balance lead on the game at all. In SC2, you hear from David Kim and even though he is slow as hell, at least Legacy of the Void made substantive improvements over HOTS idiotic game design decisions (Mother Ship Core in general and Warp Gate having no drawback).

COH2 takes two steps back for every one step forward it takes. They tweak to make balance ever but can't understand why UKF emplacement design is shitty game design.
21 Apr 2016, 00:05 AM

Allowing something like that into the game just shows how far from reality relic is from the community. Wait till their player count is 1500. Won't be long.
21 Apr 2016, 00:36 AM

It's really ruining the experience. I just can't believe they did not look into this for this patch..
21 Apr 2016, 01:10 AM

I think main problem is timing, counter barrage appears when simcity is in strongest position and must be countered by artillery. Just moving it to late game abilities, like 8-10CP, could work, cause window for counter play will be much wider.
21 Apr 2016, 01:31 AM

What do you think about moving that ability from "cancer fortifications" to "royal artillery". RA doctrine is most shamely poor docrine in game right now, it doesn't really makes UK's arty work more effective, as it should do. And Relic putted only good artillery-ability not in Royal Arty but in already OP doctrine. Logic?

Maybe, little nerfed version of "Counterbattery" would make RA little better, little more attractive and make UK's style more supportive with that, don't you think so?
im sure ppl with counter barrage isn't winning every game.. its easy to counter but like u said maybe it will be a wise move to switch counter barrage with sexton or valentine
21 Apr 2016, 01:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 01:10 AMnewvan
I think main problem is timing, counter barrage appears when simcity is in strongest position and must be countered by artillery. Just moving it to late game abilities, like 8-10CP, could work, cause window for counter play will be much wider.
or if it comes 2 cp later would be a good fix great idea man
21 Apr 2016, 02:34 AM

agreed. on a small 3v3 map i use this cancer commander, i think counter barrage killed 3-4 LeFh.... on the other team....only one suvived is one build in between two shot blocker.

that is a reply i want to record but new update killed it. it also have a part OH parked a elephant tank on top of a AT mine, when my infantry try to get to LeFH and shot piat at elephant missed but trigger the mine, the elephant is critical engine damaged, i called art on cancer commander killed elefant in 1 barrage.
21 Apr 2016, 02:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 21:27 PMGenObi
Its a powerful ability but not uncounterable, shoot and move.

as mortar or Leig team shot 1 shot and move? when can you take out any emplacement? they got repair FA too..
21 Apr 2016, 02:43 AM

anyone else notice that it also targets brummbar during auto fire?
21 Apr 2016, 03:43 AM

anyone else notice that it also targets brummbar during auto fire?

i have no seen that. replay or video could be great.
21 Apr 2016, 04:14 AM

Why not move this ability to Royal Artillery, it would be more appropriate for a arty commander to assume anti-arty role, and remove the OP Emplacement Camp combo.

Give Zero-In artillery fire to Advanced Emplacement for compensation
21 Apr 2016, 04:25 AM

Problem with Advanced Regiment?
Free, unlimited Counter Battery.
Relic's solution?
Nerf health and HP bonuses.

Not sure if they are serious or just trolling us...

probably the coding of adjusting counter barrage is beyond relic's capability since they fire off tons of good ppl
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★