Login

russian armor

A radical idea to rebalance T-34/76

20 Apr 2016, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 17:13 PMMyself

Comet and Panther are not typical "medium tanks".

If one wants to compare the T-34/76 with other factions one should probably compare it with:
M4A3
Cromwell
PZIV
as those are vehicles in the same class/role with the T-34/76

The T-34/76 is an end-game tank for the Soviets tech tree. Soviets don't have non-doc Comets. Soviets don't have Panthers. Soviets don't have anything that even remotely resembles a non-doc KT. In short, Soviets have absolutely no way to spend their fuel, if they ever managed to hoard it.

On the other hand, Soviets' non-doc infantry bleeds hard in the late-game. They need some way to tap into their fuel reserves (if they have any), so that they can conserve MP for something else? Since the best non-doc generalist tank that Soviets can get is the T-34/76, I have the following questions for you:
- What problems would a fuel-sink T-34 create to balance (as opposed to the current MP-sink T-34). The T-34 already comes late. With a hiked fuel cost, it will arrive even later.
- If Soviets have no fuel-sink units, how can we ever claim that MP and Fuel costs can ever be converted to one another?
- How does your answer to the previous question reflect on the statement you made 5 hours ago on a different thread? Aren't those two statements contradicting each other?
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 13:03 PMMyself
The cost of a vehicle it the combination of manpower cost and fuel...that is what you pay to get a vehicle...

To give you an analogy, Bitcoins would be worth absolutely nothing if you could not trade with money (directly) or buy goods with Bitcoins (indirectly). In the micro-cosmos of CoH2 OKW, OST and UKF receive something like Bitcoins as their fuel income. Soviets receive something like Dogecoins as their fuel income.
20 Apr 2016, 18:17 PM

The T-34/76 is an end-game tank for the Soviets tech tree.

Well Soviet stock units are closer to USF and not OKW, Ostheer or UKF...
Their buildings are rather cheap fuel wise but the stock units not very good in late game...

- What problems would a fuel-sink T-34 create to balance (as opposed to the current MP-sink T-34). The T-34 already comes late. With a hiked fuel cost, it will arrive even later.

I did not actually claim it was a problem and I don't actually object although it might need some testing, I simply pointed out, that using Comets and Panthers as basis is not very solid since they are tanks with different roles...

I am not so sure it is going to work though since if one is floating fuel the doctrinal vehicles options are generally allot more cost efficient than the T-34/76, so I suspect that people would still go for doctrinal vehicles...When I play Soviet I don't usually float fuel...

As I explained before, I find earlier access to T-34/76 a better approach (without access to Kati and Su-85), or some sort of bonuses on T-34/76 for commander with no call in tanks...

20 Apr 2016, 18:18 PM

I have a even more radical suggestion.

why not make soviet tank veterancy like vcoh rifleman's, they will start very bad, but when vet 3 they become killing machines?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★