Login

russian armor

Ostheer and Soviets obsolete?

19 Apr 2016, 22:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Building tech doesn't really bother me. As people have mentioned the differences in repair speeds are an issue.

The big benefit for the EFA is they don't have to pick a buy a commander to get flamethowers, mines, rocket artillery, machine guns, AT nades etc
20 Apr 2016, 00:01 AM

As people have mentioned the differences in repair speeds are an issue.

A fairly significant one that often gets overlooked. Compare say the Sherman and t34. Both are unremarkable in their performance but the sherman's quick repairs mean it's always around when you need it, whereas the t34 spends more time being repaired than it does fighting, taking engis away from critical mine/demo taskings. Then look at Ostheer, where slow repairs was originally a way of balancing their superior vehicles. Now though, their vehicles don't enjoy the same superiority but still take ages to repair.

If anything I think the original factions are better designed. Newer factions feel like a mish-mash of gimmicky units thrown together and labelled a faction without much thought put in to the actual relationship between units.
20 Apr 2016, 00:07 AM

The big benefit for the EFA is they don't have to pick a buy a commander to get flamethowers, mines, rocket artillery, machine guns, AT nades etc

The EFA also have far greater doctrine choice due to the differences in design philosophy.

If I want Rangers, I've got one doctrine for that. If I want Guard Rifles, I've got four doctrines to pick from, and depending on what I want with those guard rifles (PPSH? Cloaked AT guns? Heavy mortar?) I got options. You're more likely to find a doctrine that has the mix of tools that you want.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS