Login

russian armor

metacritic score

11 Jul 2013, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 14:05 PMCaeltos

Company of Heroes 2 was top seller for quite some time. Iirc, Noun even said they had 100k unique players roughly each day.

Besides that, steam is not the center of the universe when it comes to sales. There's alot of different retail stores & other websites. (There were alot of websites that offered a really good price) that you're not accounting for. I believe even it was Noun that said that CoH2 sold quite well in matter of fact.

Noun has a vested interest in making everything around CoH2 sound great.
Because Noun works for Relic.

I remember hearing how great everything was at THQ.

All players must connect through Steam. Currently, 6,000 are playing.
Look for Sega and Relic to react accordingly.
11 Jul 2013, 14:11 PM
Benefactor 115

I pre-ordered a disk copy because it was cheaper. Anyway fuck meta critic
11 Jul 2013, 14:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 14:04 PMGorilla

look for future resources dedicated towards CoH2 to be kept to a minimum.
And remember who said it first.

And you are Jim, remember who said it first, when you disappear
11 Jul 2013, 14:13 PM

There's a difference here, you don't have the exact number sales. And you're just making blind assumptions.

Currently 6k players may be playing. That's fine & dandy, but let's completely disregard the time of the hour in the rest of the world, because hey- we're ignorant like that.

If you even followed the process of THQ, you would know it was less then good for a while. There were reports & concerns amongs gamers & journalists alike for quite some time. The specific Bankruptcy was just a matter of time, unless they did magical 180 and turned things around. The latter, did not happend.

Sega & Relic aren't going to do anything remotely soon. And I'm not going to bother responding to your next message. You just seem like troll by this time. Since you're continously ignoring the misc. factors that weigh dividence.
11 Jul 2013, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 14:04 PMGorilla

the metacritic scores i references are all there.

it took 5 months to sell 20,700 units.
and there are 6,000 people online playing the game.

the highest i've ever seen is 21,000 simultaneous users.

look for future resources dedicated towards CoH2 to be kept to a minimum.
And remember who said it first.

You're still missing ~6 months of sale figures, which do not exist afaik, those 5 months of ~20k sales are for Sept-Jan 2012/13, I didn't even pre-order the game until the whole deal with THQ/SEGA was over and done.

Metacritic scores means pretty much absolutely nothing, I don't think I have once in my life bought a game according to Metacritic scores.
What you are claiming as some form of "fact" is basically theorycrafting, unless you have the real sales numbers (which you don't and might never even get) it will always be theorycrafting.
11 Jul 2013, 14:53 PM

Japan's current fiscal year ends march 2014, so a few months after that you will know the exact sales of CoH2.
11 Jul 2013, 15:31 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 13:36 PMInverse
Why do you give a fuck about an arbitrary number on a random website?

calm down, man :)
i preordered it months ago, so its not about getting or not getting the game. it was just the question, why many communitiy members would rate it with 10/10, because its clearly not 10/10 (yet?), and second, how you guys would rate it.

i dont think, that the campaign is too harsh and shows the russians in a bad light, because you cant deny, that for example order 227 existed. and the sowjets lost about 20 million soldiers, while the germans lost 2.7 million. that is a HUGE difference and shows clearly, that this part of the campaign is actually true.

im from germany, and here you cant live a day without hearing, how bad third reich was, but nobody ever says here, that the sowjets were bad aswell.
11 Jul 2013, 16:16 PM

I haven't even touched the single player so I can't rate that but for multiplayer 1v1 I give it a solid 8/10. Obviously once other features get in such as ladder and proper spectator modes and the game gets more balance patches the score can only go higher.

Cheers, my two cents. Oh hey look at that, it matches with the metacritic score most publishers and game developers care about. They usually don't care too much about the user reviews on metacritic.

Solid
11 Jul 2013, 16:20 PM

Just compare the numbers on this random website (which is very popular btw and used in steam) of vcoh and coh2.
11 Jul 2013, 16:24 PM
Coder Red Badge

A number doesn't tell you how good a game is. The gamer obsession with scores is the reason there's literally only one or two reviewers worth reading when it comes to game reviews.
11 Jul 2013, 17:06 PM

I find with game reviewers personally for me Gametrailers usually hits it on the nail with my opinions with games. Find someone that consistently rates games what you would rate it and always remember that sometimes you need to invest the money and buy the game to truly know if you enjoy it. Sucks but that's reality.
11 Jul 2013, 17:09 PM

11 Jul 2013, 17:27 PM

Rogers. If you "dont give a fuck" then why do you bother to write your own review on that "random" website?

11 Jul 2013, 17:40 PM

Wait, metacritic isn't a random website. Is that what we are talking about? Game studios live and breathe their metacritic score on their games. Obviously sales numbers first then Metacritic score. 80 on Metacritic is a great score, it isn't as sexy as the 93 for vCoH but its still an 80. Lots of studios would love to have a game score 80.
11 Jul 2013, 17:53 PM

Star Wars: Rebellion and Star Trek: Birth of the Federation...

2 games that got absolutely shredded by the press, and i loved playing them (and still do). both had their shortcomings, but that doesn't keep me from enjoying them.

as for coh2, i don't really enjoy it at the moment, it just didn't capture me like vCoH did. But i think the game has potential, and i trust that eventually relic will give in to our demands.

as for ratings on metacritic: it's called something like "crowd intelligence"... given enough reviews, the rating should be accurate.
11 Jul 2013, 18:01 PM
Coder Red Badge

Ratings will never be accurate so long as the games industry's perception of "average" is 70%.
11 Jul 2013, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 17:53 PMcr4wler

as for ratings on metacritic: it's called something like "crowd intelligence"... given enough reviews, the rating should be accurate.

This is not considered wisdom of the crowd, as it deals with a subjective, rather than objective, question. There is no overall correct answer to the question: how do you rate CoH2?
11 Jul 2013, 18:52 PM

Russians should feel being insulted after the single campaign, there's 10 million civilians died in the war, and what relic is telling? Russian troops are killing massacring the retreating civilians, and not even mention one word that how German Treats Russian civilians.
11 Jul 2013, 19:05 PM

All statistical and politically incorrect commends aside, look at the balance change from 7-10. Earned that 5.8 and on that note uninstalling until some well thought out changes are made. It seems like now'a'days I pay $60 to get into a beta to have some fun for a few weeks and then they release some half ass shit game then slowly make changes like a retarded kid just blindly poking his dick into the air.

5.8/10
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS