Login

russian armor

AEC Treadbreaker Is Broken

15 Apr 2016, 11:42 AM

AEC threadbreaker is indeed broken. It doesn't even seem to activate most of the time. How anyone could claim that this ability is OP is beyond me.
16 Apr 2016, 09:19 AM

There is a trick to make the AEC ability to work consistently:

- Approach the enemy target, and let the AEC fire a normal shot (that way, the turret is facing the target)
- Once the shot has been fired press "Stop"
- Immediately after pressing "Stop", activate the ability
- Profit

Some things to note:
- If the first shot misses, the second shot will do nothing. Thus, there's no point in sticking around.
- Threadbreaker has 50 range and always penetrates; if it hits (as opposed to 40 range)
- The AEC can fire threadshot on the move. I don't recommend it though, as the ability might bug, or it might miss.

The Stop-Workaround also works for most of the bugged vehicle-borne abilities (i.e., every single UKF vehicle & the OKW Puma)

AEC threadbreaker is indeed broken. It doesn't even seem to activate most of the time. How anyone could claim that this ability is OP is beyond me.

I think that the effect of 25 secs immobilization is so massive that it's valid to call it OP. Sure, we can factor the frequency (bugs) in it, but the effect just shouldn't happen in this form.

It's a freak accident, but it happens all the time.

Now, it's really nice that the AEC doesn't become obsolete in the late game (by virtue of being a crappier Puma), but this ability is really begging to be fixed (in both directions).
17 Apr 2016, 11:20 AM
Patrion 310

Its in a similar place to the WP shell of the Comet - a strong ability that would probably need re balancing but both are pretty buggy in the current state. If you re balanced the ability without fixing how buggy it is, it would just vanish never to be seen again. I don't ever tend to use it because of how unreliable it is (pretty much every time I have it fails).
17 Apr 2016, 21:03 PM

It's four second aim time + another shot cycle for the second shot to stun iirc

1. you can't use the ability on the move which means he can reverse out of your range pretty easily while you stop to aim

2.the ability is bugged and will cancel itself constantly

3.the stun ability itself is not stock and requires vet1

4. the AEC dies to a few shrek shots so getting in close enough with such a fragile vehicle will usually get it killed

with the above points in mind I declare a verdict of "not OP" to the jury
20 Apr 2016, 08:39 AM

*semi-necro*

I' been abusing the hell out of this ability for the past few days testing Treadbreaker in automatch, for science. Out of the 10-ish times I tried the ability on good targets:
- I managed to make the ability fire 8 times out of 10
- I managed to successfully immobilize my targets 5-6 times out of 10 (accounting for misses, targets zooming out behind shotblockers etc)
- Even if the first shot misses, the second shot will slow the target for 5 seconds (i.e., I was wrong in my previous post on this thread)

The process I follow to make the ability work is:
1. Wait for the AEC to line the turret on the enemy target (and maybe fire)
2. Press "Stop"
3. Issue a move order
4. Immediately press "Stop" (again)
5. Activate the ability
6. Stand still, as you wait for both shots to fire
7. In the meantime, observe the ability tooltip. If it stays green-lit for too long, it means that the ability bugged. Press "Stop". Rinse & repeat.
(This also works for Smoke Shells etc 95% of the time, all the time)

It sounds complicated, but once you practice it for 4-5 times, it becomes automatic.
Kri
20 Apr 2016, 08:48 AM

*semi-necro*
It sounds complicated, but once you practice it for 4-5 times, it becomes automatic.

microing around silly bugs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS