Login

russian armor

Do you like new patch?

11 Jul 2013, 05:57 AM

M3 still useful?

Any thought on patch?
11 Jul 2013, 05:59 AM

I dont like it... to many changes in one patch i dont have time for beta testing balance patches.
And HTD for the win now ?
11 Jul 2013, 06:30 AM

Good patch. Still have used the M3 to effectiveness. Mortars are still useful and so far the 4 man weapon crews haven't been an issue (and let's face it, the pak badly needed a buff)
11 Jul 2013, 06:32 AM

Good patch. Still have used the M3 to effectiveness. Mortars are still useful and so far the 4 man weapon crews haven't been an issue (and let's face it, the pak badly needed a buff)

^ Have to say it certainly has made for more evenly matched less cheesy games Pak and Mortar Certainly needed 4 man crew MG42 is yet to be seen.
11 Jul 2013, 06:49 AM

nice patch, 80% German Vs. 20% soviet in 2v2, please nerf soviet, there's still 20% left to be nerfed
11 Jul 2013, 07:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 06:49 AMUGBEAR
nice patch, 80% German Vs. 20% soviet in 2v2, please nerf soviet, there's still 20% left to be nerfed

Team games are a lot harder to balance than 1v1s. I still don't think Soviets are weaker in team games other than when both Ostheer players spam Opels and strafe.
The soviet tech trees and doctrines can work very well together between two or more players whereas the Ostheer players are basically each just doing the same stuff like in a 1v1.

In the end it comes down to what people expect what formats balance should be for. I think I'd prefer 1v1 balance over team game balance. Of course extreme imbalances in team matches need to be fixed as well (Opels, strafe).
11 Jul 2013, 07:28 AM

i dont like this new patch, i think everyone will agree
11 Jul 2013, 07:59 AM

Permanently Banned
IDONT AGREE WITHYOU BARTONPENIS!!1
11 Jul 2013, 08:12 AM

MVGame Patch
11 Jul 2013, 08:51 AM
Donator 11

I hope all those people who cry about how Russians are OP and should be nerfed and Axis buffed, will be playing soviets after balance changes.
11 Jul 2013, 08:54 AM

@Thrill: I dont get your point o_O.

Edit: Ok, I guess I get the point because I know how people are and I can see that this is probably some kind of insult, but what you wrote makes no sense.
11 Jul 2013, 09:00 AM

He thinks the loudmouths are being listened to, but I doubt that's the case.
11 Jul 2013, 09:06 AM

German : hm... not bad...

Soviet : hm... not good...

but, nobody talk about this to

"Good" or "BAD"
11 Jul 2013, 10:39 AM

I think increasing weapon crews is a step in the wrong direction, as it makes flanking less effective, thus not punishing you enough for leaving your weapon outflanked or overrun. Id rather see a camoflague ability for the PAK, and a decrease in weapon team size for the russians to four, and german ones left at 3. As of now, weapon temas are really infantry with a heavy weapon, rather than a dedicated support role.
11 Jul 2013, 11:22 AM

The Soviet MG definitely needed some sort of change, so did the German Pak. Scout cars with flamers and Maxim spam aside, if the patch helped balance out the game an equally good Soviet player should still dominate the early game with out those two units while the German is left holding 1/3 of the map... is it still the case now and was that a case before that's really up for debate.
11 Jul 2013, 11:24 AM

IMO those changes went wrong way :

- russian mortars - they had good dmg and its ok its a mortar - the problem was with killing those mortar squads - i think lower squad would be ok - good dmg but some risk with loosing mortar - that what should be changed

now it seems they will be useless

- those russian and german halftracs - i know many ppl rage about they r op etc but imo there was a fair balance between their dmg and possibilites to kill them.What i would do is in first place made them cost much more fuel etc and (u can start rage) made them a bit stronger. Why ? becouse then we would have an option to go strong unit vs infantry but with higher cost of fuel it would force u to be late with tanks and for other hand it would make some different ways - haftracs and strong early or pure infantry into tanks with strong mid/late all with some risk but still with making some decision. What i hate now is like every game starts the same - infantry into tracks and both russian and ger do the same and basicly both r destroyed by at nades or shrecs or w.e u call it.

About su85 - im like - ye its strong as fck but again i rather to see they make those su85 cost more, rather then make them weaker becouse the problem with su85 is (range for sure) and timing when its show up.
11 Jul 2013, 11:34 AM

People are always comparing how much worse the German weapon teams are to the Soviet weapon teams, but they fail to realize that the soviets need to be more effective/cost efficient or else German armor will need to be brought down to the level of the Soviet armor. As for the SU85 yeah it should cost more fuel than the p4, but it should still be the most cost effective option to countering a p4... right now it's the only option.
11 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM

Word about early russian and their 6 man squads - i feel like relic were trying to make smtf like in real ww2 - i mean mass russian infantry vs germans with lower amout of troops with better equipment and im ok with fact that russian can cap faster etc what i dont like is the fact that ability to cap faster goes together with getting advantage witch is not fair - what i mean there should be some balance between fast caping ability and price for some units/upg and doctrines.

BTW to the end of world we will have only 2 fractions ? becouse i belive one day we will die bored.
11 Jul 2013, 12:40 PM

Can anyone list all the changes in the last patch please?
11 Jul 2013, 12:58 PM

I kinda feel a bit strange about this patch.

There were a lot of problems with the maxim crew including setup and crew-size.

The set-up has been fixed.

However, Relic seems to have felt that they wanted to keep their 6 man squads so much that, in order to preserve the squad sizes, they decided to make MGs and mortars 4 man crew as well.

The problem is - it's a lot harder to punish MGs that have been flanked. And the issue of support units being able to act as viable combat units will still exist I think.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★