Login

russian armor

Bren or Vickers K?

9 Apr 2016, 15:54 PM
Donator 22

Whats the difference between the Bren lmg from the weapon racks and the vickers k light machine gun? I know that there are different version of the Bren lmg for sappers, and Tommies. And as far as I know the bren is basically a copy of the lmg 42. But with Special Weapons regiment you can get vickers k on your Tommies. They cost the same as brens, and now my question is, if theres a reason to get vickers k over brens on sapper or tommies. From my experience the vickers seems weaker then the bren, but thats just a feeling.
I would appreciate it if anyone has the stats?
9 Apr 2016, 16:40 PM

Vickers K is better because of the 0.5 second time to fire whilst the bren lmg has 1 second before it fires
9 Apr 2016, 17:21 PM

Vickers K sounds epic
9 Apr 2016, 17:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

There is no difference in DPS. The stats are exactly the same.

Regarding which one to buy, pick whatever's convenient for you. Vickers K does indeed sound more epic and aims a hair faster.

The Vickers K costs 35-40 fuel to field but comes with a MOBILE reinforcement platform.

Brens only cost 15 fuel, but you need to spend more manpower to get an accompanying forward reinforcement that obviously can't move like a halftrack can.

It all depends on what you want to do really.
9 Apr 2016, 19:58 PM

.5 seconds is alot cookiez Kappa
10 Apr 2016, 16:16 PM
Donator 22

Thx for the replies. So for the Vickers K there are also different versions for Tommies and Sappers?
10 Apr 2016, 16:18 PM

Thx for the replies. So for the Vickers K there are also different versions for Tommies and Sappers?

No. There's one and only vickers_k.

For Sappers/Commandos/Airlanding Officer (only when buying from the Racks):
Brens >> Vickers_k

For Tommies/everyone else (i.e., picking it from the ground):
Vickers_k > Brens (just that tiny difference in aiming time)

10 Apr 2016, 20:10 PM
Donator 22

holy shit what a mess. So just to get it clear.
Vickers K have the same stats like the Tommy variation of the bren gun except the have a better aim time (.05 vs .1). So its better to equip Tommies with Vickers K. On the other hand Sappers and Commandos are better of with Brens from the weapon rack because they get a better version of the Bren gun compared to the Tommy one. Right?
11 Apr 2016, 00:10 AM

holy shit what a mess. So just to get it clear.
Vickers K have the same stats like the Tommy variation of the bren gun except the have a better aim time (.05 vs .1). So its better to equip Tommies with Vickers K. On the other hand Sappers and Commandos are better of with Brens from the weapon rack because they get a better version of the Bren gun compared to the Tommy one. Right?

Exactly!

And just to make matters a bit more complicated, when a Tommy/Sapper/Commando drops their Bren, it reverts back to the default Tommy version.

Thus, if you pick up a dropped Bren from the ground, you always get the crappiest variant :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 18
Germany 14
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %