Login

russian armor

Best USF Elite infantry?

6 Apr 2016, 17:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Realistically > Vet3 Rifles with bar/1919
Unrealistically > 3x Bar Rangers
Dream > Pathfinders with LMG34

Have an ally with Wolverines that knows how to crush against OKW and make the dream a reality :romeoHype:
6 Apr 2016, 17:35 PM
Patrion 14

thompson paratroopers.
6 Apr 2016, 17:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

6 Apr 2016, 19:21 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

If you aren't talking about POWs don't read, don't comment.
6 Apr 2016, 20:23 PM
Patrion 14

You forgot to list the best infantry unit for USF so I cannot vote for it ;)

The best elite infantry unit is a recon paratrooper with thompsons (you need to be lucky to get one 25% chance, thanks RNG) with 2 bars (3 thompsons, 2 bars and one carbine) :D

Massive firepower, nade and the ability to lay mines :D

If only the commander wasn't completely useless and the part that isn't useless or under-performing is rng based.

Fun Fact: They also have mines and Tactical Assault.
6 Apr 2016, 21:06 PM

Sometimes when I want true combined arms, I go for 2x RE, 1xRf, lieutenant, zooks for RE, 50cal and then I call for me beloved Paras and upgrade them with Thompsons.

My personal best in 2v2 with them was 68kills by single paras thompsons squad.

Just love them.
6 Apr 2016, 21:08 PM

rangers + 180 munitions broke fucking back. 3x vet 3 riflemen with 1 lmg each all the way fam.
6 Apr 2016, 21:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2016, 19:21 PMwouren
If you aren't talking about POWs don't read, don't comment.

I wish a mod would just delete it all tbh :snfPeter:
6 Apr 2016, 21:11 PM
Patrion 26

Where is rear echelon? Poll invalid
6 Apr 2016, 21:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Where is rear echelon? Poll invalid

I left off rear echelon and assault engineers because their role is engineers.
Maybe an argument could be made for ass engies since they're elite engineers... I guess. I GUESS.

elite infantry don't come at 0 cp though
aaa
6 Apr 2016, 21:18 PM

Elite rear echelons. I was thinking elite is smth that costs 150-200 to reinforce or 350-450 to get
6 Apr 2016, 21:23 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Hey, I checked the stats and it seems that the all versions (vehicle crew, paras, rangers) of thomson SMGs do the same damage. I've been wrong before so don't quote me on it. Can someone confirm please to make sure I'm not crazy?
6 Apr 2016, 21:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2016, 21:23 PMwouren
Hey, I checked the stats and it seems that the all versions (vehicle crew, paras, rangers) of thomson SMGs do the same damage. I've been wrong before so don't quote me on it. Can someone confirm please to make sure I'm not crazy?

all the different versions dont matter. they all upgrade to the paratrooper one

To be more specific, the ranger one you see is used in the SP/ardenness assault rangers.

paratrooper thompson is the MP thompson all thompson upgrades use, and the vehicle crew one is a big fat lie used never ™
8 Apr 2016, 01:31 AM

How? First off the story from the movie was more like a rumor between the soldiers as to what happened, since apparently no one actually saw it.

assuming the gif is even true(because it was just one of the rumor flashbacks) Let's use our heads here. Context. A bunch of PARATROOPERS behind enemy lines. Outnumbered to fuck, supplies and shit scattered everywhere. Cutoff from everything for the foreseeable moment.

SOMEONE took some prisoners. more than they can handle, for reasons stated above. Before they move out to accomplish one of their critical objectives, they kill them off. Possibly inhumanely. Possibly not. Maybe he didn't kill anyone at all. No one even knows.

Inhumane or not,

Was he supposed to hand cuff them, and leave them there with no one watching them? Was he supposed to let them go? Did you watch saving private Ryan where they let some German pow guy go and he came back and killed the same guys that let him go? Should they Leave them for the French partisans to get? Leave them for the Germans to recapture?(How did Germans treat recaptured POWs... Probably not that well I'd imagine if they were somewhat like the Soviets)

Should he turn them into the local French police department? I mean What do you do in that situation? It's a war, not pretty but it was the most logical thing to do ignoring the way it was portrayed in the movie.

I don't mean to turn this into a WW2 morality discussion over a gif, that didn't even show what you're talking about, but you triggered me with that.

The prisoners were POWs but charged with Treason- if you switch sides during wartime & you are caught out your life is forfeit. That's what the whole point of the conversation that the young feller had with the German POW before the execution- the German was actually American.

Same thing happened to Alsatian Germans that choose to fight with the Wermacht. Summary executions.
9 Apr 2016, 02:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2016, 08:05 AMwouren
Another question, do the rangers, paratroopers, and vehicle crews get the same submachinegun stats?

if you're referring to their thompson upgrade,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LOYMDi_XR7rILsk6HbAZqGihsk22t-45C_6NbQEP-m0/edit#gid=0

yes
10 Apr 2016, 18:50 PM
Patrion 14

Fun Fact: They also have mines and Tactical Assault.

The not so fun fact is that they don't have tactical assault ;) . Just another weird thing about the commander.
10 Apr 2016, 19:45 PM
Patrion 14

The not so fun fact is that they don't have tactical assault ;) . Just another weird thing about the commander.

Yes they do. If you don't believe me, go check on the editor. It was ninja added a while back. I think dane noticed in a recent cast as well.
10 Apr 2016, 20:57 PM

Rangers lead the way :)
10 Apr 2016, 21:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

they do sherlock! youre just crazy. I played with recon support a week or so ago and they definitely have it now.
11 Apr 2016, 03:31 AM

I swear I had no tactical assault on the weekend.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
Korea, Republic Of 2
Russian Federation 95
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %