Login

russian armor

Tiger I in Team Games

5 Apr 2016, 00:23 AM

Hello,

I don't really know what to do with Tiger when I get it. My natural inclination is that it's great when it's vetted and that I'm better off getting a Panther unless I want the Tiger for deterrence, but it doesn't fire particularly fast, it doesn't move particularly fast, and the gun isn't that great.

Yes it does soak a lot of fire, but every time I get one I keep thinking how an Elefant or a Panther would have been better.

I feel I'm doing something wrong. Is there a correct way to use the Tiger that I don't really know about?

Thanks.
5 Apr 2016, 11:04 AM

The Tiger is best used as a pushing unit to draw AT fire whilst Panthers or PIVs move up and flank said AT. It's not really that strong but will certainly attract the attention of other players which you can use to your advantage.

Elefant and Panther are better at AT, but Elefant will get wrecked by any half-competent player that flanks it and circle strafes around it, and Panther is weaker than the Tiger against infantry.
5 Apr 2016, 11:54 AM
Donator 11

The Tiger is really there to soak up damage and punish infantry.

Rarely can you tank battle with it because it's slow.

Once you get more comfortable with the tiger play you can do combined arms pushes that seem to be really effective but as far as standalone it's very vulnerable and expensive.

In otherwords, it's best not to venture too far out of FoW with it and always have sweepers handy.

If you tiger gets snared by a mine, it's hella slow and anti-tank gun candy because it becomes snail slow once snared.
6 Apr 2016, 09:47 AM

Tiger isnt a one-unit-army. Always provide flank cover with AT Inf and/or faster tanks like Pz4/Panther. If possible let inf move ahead.

Always be prepared to reteat as in 4vs4 games tactical situations can quickly change from advantageous to disadvantageous. If possible keep an off-map artillery barrage and/or smoke in reserve in case u need to cover ur retreat.
7 Apr 2016, 07:39 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Yeah I often get panthers in 4v4 over Tigers. Tigers do good against inf and tanks but if they have piats or Comets you are in trouble because the Tiger is too slow against these threats.
8 Apr 2016, 20:30 PM

Tigers are extremely potent, but need to be used wisely. They excel at leading attacks and obliterating infantry. They can also devastate AT gun crews, especially using attack ground.

If you are looking for an elephant it is because you are in a standoff fight. If you are engaged in aggressive mobile action Tigers are amazing.

In larger games I find myself leaning towards Elephants because Brit play tends to focus on emplacements with Firefly support. The dangers of sending an expensive tank out to get Mark Targeted and then Tulip rocketed are higher in team games.

Try using it to support a diversified army and you will be surprised at its power.
8 Apr 2016, 20:51 PM

Use the Tiger to cover your flanks, or a contested VP.

They are devastating when used defensively against infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 111
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment