Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace: Hurting yourself

2 Apr 2016, 18:46 PM

Hi,

the lack of a fuel cost but hard resource drain on the Tiger Ace has been annoying me for a while. I´m not posting this in the balance sub-forum as it´s not a balance issue but a design flaw. Honestly the Tiger Ace is hard to characterize. It can be blatantly OP and in the next moment absolutely crippling to its user. It is a total gamble.

So here is the Issue:

You call in the Tiger Ace and pay with an incredible high manpower and resource drain for it. Other units in the game have upkeep of course but this is in no way comparable.

Yet you pay no upfront fuel for one of the strongest units in the game.

At the end of the day that means: By keeping the unit alive you hurt yourself. In my opinion this goes against the concept of unit preservation CoH is all about. Keeping a unit intact should reward you, not punish you by reducing your manpower by about 50%. Keeping it alive is a burden thus it is best used in a suicidal charge.

I would like to see the resource drain be exchanged for an upfront fuel cost.

What is your opinion?
2 Apr 2016, 18:49 PM

I like it the way it is. The manpower penalty does not mean you have to suicide charge it, it just means you have to use it aggressively and not have it hang back doing nothing.
2 Apr 2016, 18:50 PM

My opinion is that the Tiger Ace is meant to hit the field as a shock unit and you're supposed to inflict heavy defeats on your opponent in a quick succession
2 Apr 2016, 19:53 PM

The Tiger ace is a game finisher unit.
2 Apr 2016, 20:26 PM

i suggest you construct a time machine and you go back to 2014
2 Apr 2016, 20:41 PM

It's not hurting you. It's opposite.
If it was normal Tiger, you wouldnt be able to get T3 tanks and you would just turtle with paks until 13CP to call Tiger.

With Tiger Ace you don't need to be worry about fuel in late game and you spend it all for T3 tanks which leads to better field situation. The you just call Tiger Ace to seal the deal and support your T3 tanks, opposite to regualar Tiger which is life saver most of the time.
3 Apr 2016, 00:52 AM

3 Apr 2016, 03:56 AM

The Tiger ace is a game finisher unit.

+1
TA is fine

+1

For me personally, I'd only deploy the Tiger Ace when I know that I have enough units to back it up as support, so most of the time, I'm not bothered by the resource penalty.
3 Apr 2016, 04:00 AM

tiger ace, i only call it in when I have some advantage, not when i am struggle to stay alive. because if you will need all the MP you can get to keep fighting. that is the time tiger ace is the finisher for youself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★