Login

russian armor

Changes to the Volksgrenadiers' Upgrade Package

Are you in favor of this change to the Volksgrenadiers' Upgrade?
Yes.It does not matter to me.No.
Option Distribution Votes
28%
4%
68%
Total votes: 25 (Locked)
2 Apr 2016, 04:50 AM

Hello everyone, and welcome to what you're probably thinking is just another, nerf the shit out of OKW thread, but this one's quite simple. My only proposed change is to increase the price of the volksgrenadiers' Upgrade by 33%, so it would then match up to their original resource income penalty, just like how Relic increased the fuel cost of most of their tanks. This would bring the price up to 120 munitions per upgraded volksgrenadier squad, and would force the OKW's vast array of 'blobbers' to invest more into their volksgrenadiers; therefore, making squad wipes more damaging, and would also delay the first Panzerschrecks that you see on the field. Unlike other threads, the change this one offers is not meant to cripple the OKW, instead, it is supposed to even things out between this faction, and the other factions, by dealing with the most common complaint, volks blobs. To all those OKW players that would decide to protest this due to the price being much too high for your standards, you can still stack triple grim reaper tools to knock the price down to 102 munitions.

Thank you for reading and providing feedback!
-Hans G. Schultz
2 Apr 2016, 04:55 AM

120 for 2 shreks? If not then just another thread.
2 Apr 2016, 05:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2016, 04:55 AMClick
120 for 2 shreks? If not then just another thread.
120 for 1 panzerschreck and the cold-tech survival package that normally comes with it (even though it doesn't matter, I'll mention it anyways). If you're saying it's just another thread because it's too much of a nerf, my response is it's still a pretty good deal, considering OKW isn't as reliant on munitions as Ostheer is, but if your saying it's just another thread for not nerfing it enough, then you really want to see OKW go up in flames.
2 Apr 2016, 05:15 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Doesn't solve the problem. The panzerschrecks aren't bad to have on volks because of the price, they are bad from the concept.
2 Apr 2016, 05:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2016, 05:15 AMTobis
Doesn't solve the problem. The panzerschrecks aren't bad to have on volks because of the price, they are bad from the concept.

The concept? You mean that mainline infantry have access to AT Weapons that take up weapon slots? I guess that USF and UKF must be just as much of a problem then. :snfQuinn:
nee
2 Apr 2016, 05:54 AM

120 munitions for one panzerschreck when they are already 90.

Nice April 1st joke
2 Apr 2016, 08:05 AM

120 for 1 panzerschreck and the cold-tech survival package that normally comes with it (even though it doesn't matter, I'll mention it anyways). If you're saying it's just another thread because it's too much of a nerf, my response is it's still a pretty good deal, considering OKW isn't as reliant on munitions as Ostheer is, but if your saying it's just another thread for not nerfing it enough, then you really want to see OKW go up in flames.

120 for 1 shrek while it cost 50(?) or 60 for one zooks (yeah yeah...damage output blah blah thing allies cry about) and 120 for two shreks on Panzergrens? It simply does not make any sense. You know it like everyone else that cold tech is BS now. If you are saying that it will reduce the shrek volks blob then it sadly won't. And honestly I see more rifleman blob with bars and zooks or IS with Piats then volks with shreks. People say nonsense things about Piats but that thing in blob can do serious damage to even a KT. Blob with an AT is an universal problem and unless someone comes out and say that let's make changes to every damn infantry that can carry an AT, I would simply consider it like just another thread.
2 Apr 2016, 08:40 AM
Donator 11

OKW needs another unit to prevent blobbing. If you go medic HQ all units are situational and you must spam inf to hold the line. MG, Sniper, MG with lots of damage but no suppression...
just something to bring make OKW more interesting and diverse.
2 Apr 2016, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2016, 08:40 AMChiro
OKW needs another unit to prevent blobbing. If you go medic HQ all units are situational and you must spam inf to hold the line. MG, Sniper, MG with lots of damage but no suppression...
just something to bring make OKW more interesting and diverse.

You must not be using the faptrack from the Medic truck. Not so easy to use but it will work well against infantry blobs except massed Rifles with zooks, which is why the zook accuracy boost last year must be reversed now that vet works properly.

Joseph
2 Apr 2016, 09:57 AM

That's going to be a mega nerf late game.
2 Apr 2016, 11:49 AM
Donator 33

Schrecks are not broken because spammable mainline inf has access to them IMO. The problem is that they require almost zero micro.

Instead of changing upgrade costs or weapon stats, I would change the way you have to use them.

My idea:

Keep shrecks on volks (90 mu).

An upgraded squad doesn't get a panzerschreck as weapon that takes up a slot BUT as an ability.

- cooldown similar to PzFausts (perhaps slightly shorter)
- slightly higher range than PzFausts
- 100% accuracy when fired
- no muni cost since you have to upgrade them for every squad individually

That would effectively reduce the range of shrecks (something a lot of people have asked for because it is supposed to be a defensive weapon), remove annoying RNG, increase the reload time for shrecks AND add a little more required micro (no more a-move).

Basically, OKW would get buffed PzFausts that don't snare. But they still use shrecks so it's unique :megusta:
2 Apr 2016, 13:27 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You know, i just realised, that OKW is so close to PE from vCoH. It need one universal infantry unit, which get upgrades with every new truck just look how it could looks like:

okwokw How i see it okwokw
From HQ you can order this infantry unit and it equipped with Kar98k. This unit have 3 different upgrades:

1. Repair Kit. Kar98k relaced with MP-40 and minesweeper. Open from beginning.
New abilities:
a) Can repair
b) Can build wire
c) Can place mines

2. Tankhunter Kit. Squad get one panzerschrek. Open with Light Vechicle Track.
New abilities:
a) Vechicle detection (like stormtroopers)
b) Can place antitank mines

3. Combat Kit. Squad get 4 STG-44. Open with last AA truck.
Abilities:
a) Incendiary Grenade
b) Grenade Bundle

This concept give to OKW player choose, which infantry unit he need and solve problem of Volks High Versatility.
That how i see changes to the Volkgrenadiers Upgrades. But it provide removing of Combat Pioneers and Obersoldatens and rename of volksgrenadiers into Panzergrenadiers Mechanized Infantry Squad. As always, want remade everything :wub:
2 Apr 2016, 16:38 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The concept? You mean that mainline infantry have access to AT Weapons that take up weapon slots? I guess that USF and UKF must be just as much of a problem then. :snfQuinn:

The concept of the cheapest, most spammable first unit of a faction having access to the best infantry AT platform in the game.
2 Apr 2016, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2016, 16:38 PMTobis

The concept of the cheapest, most spammable first unit of a faction having access to the best infantry AT platform in the game.

Its far from cost effective. pg's with shreks or RE with zooks do way better job dealing with tanks then volks with shreks.
2 Apr 2016, 19:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2016, 19:18 PMZyllen

Its far from cost effective. pg's with shreks or RE with zooks do way better job dealing with tanks then volks with shreks.

Except you can't have an army of only Pgrens or only RE with zooks.
2 Apr 2016, 19:44 PM

Well, April 1st is over, so time to wrap this up.
2 Apr 2016, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2016, 19:40 PMTobis

Except you can't have an army of only Pgrens or only RE with zooks.

Mate if you are only going to have volks with shreks you are going to lose badly to upgraded rifles/is/shocks.
3 Apr 2016, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2016, 21:28 PMZyllen

Mate if you are only going to have volks with shreks you are going to lose badly to upgraded rifles/is/shocks.

Thats the problem, Volks are meatshields and AT.

No other use of them.
3 Apr 2016, 00:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It doesn't really solve the issue, it's just a nerf.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2016, 19:18 PMZyllen

There is nothing cost-inefficient about a decent line infantry squad able to do some good AT that doesn't entirely hamstring its AI.

Sure, Schreck PGs and REs with Zooks will do a better job dealing with tanks, and they will also be far more useless against units like upgraded Rifles/IS/Shocks, which are pretty much guaranteed to happen as tanks are, which is why Schreck Volks blobs happen while doing Schreck PG blobs is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Thats the problem, Volks are meatshields and AT.

No other use of them.

They're like Scripts if Scripts didn't have a vehicle snare for an critically valuable purpose to their positioning and they instead just right-clicked vehicles all day. :(
3 Apr 2016, 04:07 AM

Schrecks are not broken because spammable mainline inf has access to them IMO. The problem is that they require almost zero micro.

Instead of changing upgrade costs or weapon stats, I would change the way you have to use them.

My idea:

Keep shrecks on volks (90 mu).

An upgraded squad doesn't get a panzerschreck as weapon that takes up a slot BUT as an ability.

- cooldown similar to PzFausts (perhaps slightly shorter)
- slightly higher range than PzFausts
- 100% accuracy when fired
- no muni cost since you have to upgrade them for every squad individually

That would effectively reduce the range of shrecks (something a lot of people have asked for because it is supposed to be a defensive weapon), remove annoying RNG, increase the reload time for shrecks AND add a little more required micro (no more a-move).

Basically, OKW would get buffed PzFausts that don't snare. But they still use shrecks so it's unique :megusta:

you will prob need it able to 100% pen as it require cd now, volk's shreck is OKW main AT weapon as OKW AT gun is a joke especially for late game and OKW tanks are more expansive than its counter parts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★