Login

russian armor

Any news about the new war spoil system?

28 Mar 2016, 14:56 PM

Hello anyone, just wanted to ask if anybody as the title says has any news about the new war spoil system? The closed alpha should have ended 8th march from what i know, anyone that knows or at least guess when will it be implemented?
Thanks!
28 Mar 2016, 15:07 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Probably within the next few updates
28 Mar 2016, 15:23 PM

It already ended? I just a few matches and that was it, I couldn't even log into the Alpha since it's said my password was wrong or something.
28 Mar 2016, 15:37 PM

28 Mar 2016, 18:31 PM

Probably within the next few updates

Well surely there will be a patch some time down the road which will implement it, i was wondering if anyone has a clue around what time it will come, but i guess it's too early any info available at the moment is only speculation or a rumor.
28 Mar 2016, 18:49 PM

Yes there are updates but we're not allowed to tell you.
28 Mar 2016, 19:59 PM

Yes there are updates but we're not allowed to tell you.

Can someone just private messages me what the hell is going on with the Alpha at all? As I said my password keeps saying it's wrong but I can prove that I'm in the Alpha, got the invite e-mail and everything.
nee
29 Mar 2016, 01:44 AM

Alpha is alpha, meaning even if you took part in the previous one, they may not retain the features or whatever they were testing. Heck they might even ditch the new stuff. Never had this with Relic but I have with other companies. In other words there isn't much stuff to talk about in the first place, nor would it be appropriate because what might end up being announced would be different. If everyone blabbed after every alpha no one would know WTF the game has: a big reason for NDA is to prevent that (though frankly that would be preventable if Relic was just more public about the stuff).
29 Mar 2016, 02:45 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Can someone just private messages me what the hell is going on with the Alpha at all? As I said my password keeps saying it's wrong but I can prove that I'm in the Alpha, got the invite e-mail and everything.

Alpha's been over for like 3 weeks man. Maybe four.
29 Mar 2016, 02:54 AM

Let's go on relics official fourms and find out... oh wait..
29 Mar 2016, 05:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2016, 01:44 AMnee
Alpha is alpha, meaning even if you took part in the previous one, they may not retain the features or whatever they were testing. Heck they might even ditch the new stuff. Never had this with Relic but I have with other companies. In other words there isn't much stuff to talk about in the first place, nor would it be appropriate because what might end up being announced would be different. If everyone blabbed after every alpha no one would know WTF the game has: a big reason for NDA is to prevent that (though frankly that would be preventable if Relic was just moreover public about the stuff).

I know what the Alpha is and yes I was even in the UKF one, what I meant was that I just played a few matches, answered the poll or whatever and then that's it, never opened the game again, my friend said they didn't say anything else about it either, if and when and what changes would take effect. Nothing, just poof, gone, like that. Feels like I've just wasted my time if anything.
nee
29 Mar 2016, 06:00 AM

If you played a few matches then you would know what the changes were. If you don't then tough luck and you didn't miss out on much, IMO it's hardly even worth discussing anyways.
29 Mar 2016, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2016, 06:00 AMnee
If you played a few matches then you would know what the changes were. If you don't then tough luck and you didn't miss out on much, IMO it's hardly even worth discussing anyways.

.... I'm not lying I know about it, I was just hoping for small price changes and another fix but whatever, probably the last time we'll ever hear about it anyway, thanks, I suppose.
29 Mar 2016, 06:58 AM

Relic opens the alpha and almost let it die, Brad was there for a couple of days after release and that's it. I don't know what they were expecting us to test because they had no test plan, no test scenarios. I did 8-10 games compstomp (around 15min per boring games) to test the features/mechanics but except for the basic ones you need to play too many games to test everything and get a real opinion, and we all know that the purpose of this alpha wasn't to play games but testing the result of them. I would have expected Relic to provide more support/tools/access to test the maximum of it. But definitively Relic is Relic.

They would have receive lot more relevant feedbacks if they had presented it to the whole community explicitly saying the version present would maybe not be the definitive one.
nee
29 Mar 2016, 14:30 PM

I'd say the fact that they call it an alpha and treat it as such, is pretty much just a PR move. I'd go as far to say that if they had made UKF a Free2play thing like they did with the base game prior to release that would have caused more sales since people knew and had a taste, and if you pre-ordered you got extra for the trouble (and prior to launch, buying the game after playing meant you kept progress...although of course that requires progress being re-instated, and which was gone when they released WFA.

I mean they've been doing that with new commanders so it's not exactly anything new: let people play them for a week to get a taste of it. Besides preview, it's also opportunity to get feedback.

All that to say, this whole Relic not doing a lot of logical or practical things isn't really anything special.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 15
United States 13
United States 1
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %