Login

russian armor

An idea on emplacements rework

27 Mar 2016, 10:18 AM

1)Remove brace

2)Make Mortar squad, Bofors, and 17PNDR regularly purchasable from tiers and mobile with a set-up time

3)Make Emplacements empty holes buildable for 50-100 Manpower- garrisonable by these units

4)Mortar squad gets reduced range, Bofors gets reduced rate of fire and 17PNDR gets reduced damage while out of emplacements, when they garrison them they get their full stats.

This would increase the amount of needed micro, while getting a chance to adapt to the situation (You won't get raped if you find out that enemy went double stuka, for example)
Simillar thing works for the MG emplacement a.k.a. garrisoned Vickers

Last thing: switching Boforses and 17PNDR's ability wouldn't hurt either
27 Mar 2016, 10:28 AM

Removing brace is like removing retreat.
27 Mar 2016, 10:33 AM

Trenches have been doing without retreat just fine
27 Mar 2016, 10:59 AM

Trenches have been doing without retreat just fine

yea sandbags aswell :V but thats not the point you cant compare 17pdr to trenches...
27 Mar 2016, 10:59 AM

Tell that to bunkers, flak emplacements, pak43, fighting positions, trenches and howitzers.
27 Mar 2016, 11:12 AM

Bunkers are emplacemets not units.
Flak emplacemet is broken and we all know it.
I choose pak43 over 17 any Day.
GP same as bunkers.
Trenches, huh?
Howies should not be killed by dive bomb yet still they are made next to base and you hardly need to protect them from enemy's troops.

Brits emplacemets are units, they eat pop cap, up keep and they need to be at front line.
Imagine if you could not retreat mortars to save them. If you are losing your ground you retreat to save them. Same way brace is here to help you keep alive once youre losing ground.
27 Mar 2016, 11:21 AM

Give to Pak43 plz.
27 Mar 2016, 11:27 AM

The point still stands. All these things cost resources, some popcap. None of them have brace and nobody complained about it. Losing them is still bad. (I would not mind applying all of this to brit emplacements)

And brace, as it is, is cancerous and diametral to the games design, most people here seem to agree to that.

It's obvious something has to be done. And the more ideas the better, I'd say.
27 Mar 2016, 12:05 PM

1)Remove brace

2)Make Mortar squad, Bofors, and 17PNDR regularly purchasable from tiers and mobile with a set-up time

3)Make Emplacements empty holes buildable for 50-100 Manpower- garrisonable by these units

4)Mortar squad gets reduced range, Bofors gets reduced rate of fire and 17PNDR gets reduced damage while out of emplacements, when they garrison them they get their full stats.

This would increase the amount of needed micro, while getting a chance to adapt to the situation (You won't get raped if you find out that enemy went double stuka, for example)
Simillar thing works for the MG emplacement a.k.a. garrisoned Vickers

Last thing: switching Boforses and 17PNDR's ability wouldn't hurt either

I'd argue about the specifics - but the basic concept that Engies make a mortar pit and then a mortar can jump in it is a far better way of implementing enplacements then the current cheese.
27 Mar 2016, 12:06 PM

Pak43 cannot be killed by at gun or tanks, 17 pounder can.

If you can kill AT gun with at gun, how can you think about removing brace?

If your mortarts can't move, how you even consider taking away brace?
27 Mar 2016, 12:24 PM

The point still stands. All these things cost resources, some popcap. None of them have brace and nobody complained about it. Losing them is still bad. (I would not mind applying all of this to brit emplacements)

And brace, as it is, is cancerous and diametral to the games design, most people here seem to agree to that.

It's obvious something has to be done. And the more ideas the better, I'd say.

You mind giving me 400 man power and 75 fuel back for each 17P emplacement I've lost? Since with OKW I don't even notice when I get the 500 man power for the PaK 43, but the Brits are in a tougher spot than the OKW in the man power department.
27 Mar 2016, 12:33 PM

You mind giving me 400 man power and 75 fuel back for each 17P emplacement I've lost? Since with OKW I don't even notice when I get the 500 man power for the PaK 43, but the Brits are in a tougher spot than the OKW in the man power department.

I rememebr some time ago damn intesnte game on Outskirsts where I made total 5 Paks43 :megusta:
27 Mar 2016, 14:39 PM

Brits just need(ed) a cheap engineer type unit instead of or in addition to IS.

The emplacements should've been cheap, had zero pop cap, and be easy to build with low manpower costs, and only work at all when garrisoned, ideally with said cheap engineer type unit.

Think REs in fighting pits. Each alone don't do much, but the REs get rifle nades when inside. That, IMO, was not a bad foundation for any kind of emplacements for British.
27 Mar 2016, 16:06 PM

A comparison of brace vs retreat:

Retreat pulls your unit back to your base and it is your choice when and where do you return. Unit recieves damage during the process. Enemy is rewarded for this, because he gains a decent amount of time.

During brace, you receive only a little bit of damage, but the brace is time limited. This is either OP, in case the enemy has just performed a complicated action to get close and you simply gain invincibility for 30 secs, until your reinforcements arrive, or it is only 30 secs longer time to prepare for the rape, in case the enemy goes artillery against you.

With the proposed rework, the enemy would destroy your 50/100MP emplacement, but you could easily save your unit.

27 Mar 2016, 16:10 PM

During brace, you dont receive damage

This is factually wrong. You receive a heavily reduced amount of damage. 25% if memory serves correctly.

27 Mar 2016, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2016, 16:10 PMtenid

This is factually wrong. You receive a heavily reduced amount of damage. 25% if memory serves correctly.

Oh, you're right, it's just so... subtle damage
Well i will correct it now, thx
27 Mar 2016, 17:04 PM

Put a munitions cost behind brace.

There fixed.
27 Mar 2016, 17:26 PM

Also you must consider that we wont see such huge changes. We could see some stats tweaks etc but not completly new design.
27 Mar 2016, 17:33 PM

Uh actually the OP is saying remove brace and add retreat.

I agree with the OP. It solves the biggest problem regarding emplacements. Zero micro. Now, with the ability to move emplacements around it makes emplacements both more adaptable to the situation as well as ciunter able. I like it. Great solution.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★