Login

russian armor

Grrrrrrrrr

25 Mar 2016, 22:03 PM

Im a decent CoH2 player, mainly w russians, but ive been using USF more and more. I love the aggression and i seem to win every game against the Ostheer, but against the OKW i have so many problems.

Unless i destroy him in the first 20 min i run into so many issues.
-Vet 5 infantry
-King Tiger
-Vet 5 fallschrimjagers/fusiliers
-stukas and infan support

Im not complaining that its OP, im just having trouble when at the 40 min mark it seems i just cannot win, with my biggest problem being taking care of the heavy armor, which seems to be the USF's biggest fault.

It may just be that USF can't drag on games, but is there a chance?
Any tips on trying to comeback? it seems damn near impossible against OKW. grrrrrrrrr

25 Mar 2016, 22:10 PM
Donator 22

Could you give us something to work with to evaluate your gameplay? Replays, smth? I think it's hard to come up with a go-to strategy in general as USF vs OKW.
26 Mar 2016, 05:24 AM

Post some replays as that would greatly help any USF players willing to review and look at them. Personally I go with three Rifles, LT into .50, tech to CPT, than Major. .50cal usage is extremely important as it allows you to suppress OKW unit allowing your Rifles to get close and dominate thus helping with bleed and bleeding the OKW player. CPT is more of a guard against any Luchs rush which he'll counter fairly easily with AT support. I've reached top 100s with USF using that build. Lastly a flamer of some kind on building reliant will give a USF a major advantage as you can clear any buildings early game. Best company I consider that for is Armor as you get a great medium TD if you need it in case of a rushed Ostwind or Panzer 4 and Assault Engineers mines and demo is expenctionally useful.
26 Mar 2016, 07:33 AM

Show a replay of a game you would consider typical of your problems with OKW, only then can the USF player community tailor their adivce to help you more than "this is how I play copy me".

Truth is the problem may not be in your build order but your micro or ability use late game or your even doctrinal choice.
26 Mar 2016, 19:57 PM

yes i will add a replay. let me just figure out how to do that first

**got it, replay coming**
26 Mar 2016, 20:15 PM

**here it is**
28 Mar 2016, 17:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

• You let a 1 man volk get away around 6 min mark.
  • at 7:11 you threw a nade at the sturms in a house when it was the only engagement going on. If youre going to do that(which means the enemy will clearly dodge it) aim at the door theyre going to bail from, not towards the middle of the house. You'll get ez wipes that way
  • around 11 mins, you move your m20 back because of a puma while nading the church with an MG in it. you couldve kept your m20 around so it couldve wiped the wounded MG, but again you let your opponent off the hook
  • You wipe falls then lose a rifle right after
  • You catch a ow health two man fall squad at around 16:37 with your m20 and let it get away
  • At 19 mins you let another fallschrimjager get away
  • 26 mins another wipable fallschirmajger gets away
  • Tw oo shermans was unneccessary when you have m1919s and pack howitzer. which is why the panther bulled you so badly
  • You may not have known but you had a massive mobility advantage over this okw player to the point where you couldve literally just charged from multiple angles with your shermans and then used the M20 jackson to finish any armored survivors... in addition to that you were floating 1.3k manpower. Buy fuel caches.

So to summarize you basically let him get away with a ridiculous build of fallschrimjager spam and no battlegroup HQ healing into panther because you didnt go for enough wipes.

The early game engagements didnt go well. You both made bad mistakes in inattentiveness.

This next part is depressing;

I put control groups on the squads you let escape over the game:
The fallschrimjager you let get away? ended up wiping almost all of your vetted riflemen with their cancernades combined bad retreats on your part.

The Volk you let get away? Got vet 5, survived the game, and killed one of your shermans. Was also his only anti tank for a good portion of the game until the panther came(which is why im killing you with the "You let him get away" speech

Also that MG? Vet 2 and was crucial in controlling your infantry. Imagine if you had stolen it or wiped it.

Your manpower float was criminal. Some sort of cache. Another pack howie. Anything. Fuel or Munitions caches... Anything. But never let float like that happen, or youll lose 92% of the time. OIne thing though, DO NOT build more riflemen because 99% of the time you wont be able to micro them all and youll just lose them. If you blob them all you'll get rekt by a stuka or werfer or something :snfPeter:

M20 got vet 2, but after that was not utilized enough with its insane vet sight+speed+ a jackson to finish off the panther(Which you also let get away multiple times when you had 2 full health shermans+ a jackson to chase him with)

And yes, these are all little minute details im grasping at. Little things, little things. but thats all it takes to lose, especially as USF vs OKW.
28 Mar 2016, 17:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

also nevermind what I said about you "thinking the early game went your way" I was thinking of some other replay.. my b. i edited it
28 Mar 2016, 17:56 PM

Cookie is a smart and good player, do what he says and it should be ok ;)
28 Mar 2016, 23:38 PM

• You let a 1 man volk get away around 6 min mark.
  • at 7:11 you threw a nade at the sturms in a house when it was the only engagement going on. If youre going to do that(which means the enemy will clearly dodge it) aim at the door theyre going to bail from, not towards the middle of the house. You'll get ez wipes that way
  • around 11 mins, you move your m20 back because of a puma while nading the church with an MG in it. you couldve kept your m20 around so it couldve wiped the wounded MG, but again you let your opponent off the hook
  • You wipe falls then lose a rifle right after
  • You catch a ow health two man fall squad at around 16:37 with your m20 and let it get away
  • At 19 mins you let another fallschrimjager get away
  • 26 mins another wipable fallschirmajger gets away
  • Tw oo shermans was unneccessary when you have m1919s and pack howitzer. which is why the panther bulled you so badly
  • You may not have known but you had a massive mobility advantage over this okw player to the point where you couldve literally just charged from multiple angles with your shermans and then used the M20 jackson to finish any armored survivors... in addition to that you were floating 1.3k manpower. Buy fuel caches.

So to summarize you basically let him get away with a ridiculous build of fallschrimjager spam and no battlegroup HQ healing into panther because you didnt go for enough wipes.

The early game engagements didnt go well. You both made bad mistakes in inattentiveness.

This next part is depressing;

I put control groups on the squads you let escape over the game:
The fallschrimjager you let get away? ended up wiping almost all of your vetted riflemen with their cancernades combined bad retreats on your part.

The Volk you let get away? Got vet 5, survived the game, and killed one of your shermans. Was also his only anti tank for a good portion of the game until the panther came(which is why im killing you with the "You let him get away" speech

Also that MG? Vet 2 and was crucial in controlling your infantry. Imagine if you had stolen it or wiped it.

Your manpower float was criminal. Some sort of cache. Another pack howie. Anything. Fuel or Munitions caches... Anything. But never let float like that happen, or youll lose 92% of the time. OIne thing though, DO NOT build more riflemen because 99% of the time you wont be able to micro them all and youll just lose them. If you blob them all you'll get rekt by a stuka or werfer or something :snfPeter:

M20 got vet 2, but after that was not utilized enough with its insane vet sight+speed+ a jackson to finish off the panther(Which you also let get away multiple times when you had 2 full health shermans+ a jackson to chase him with)

And yes, these are all little minute details im grasping at. Little things, little things. but thats all it takes to lose, especially as USF vs OKW.

Thank you a ton for this response, i never would've noticed allllll these little things that made a huge difference by the end of the game.

I agree, I dont think I understood the amount of units/mobility i had over him at some points in the game. I really gotta clean up those units you mentioned.

again thanks!
28 Mar 2016, 23:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thank you a ton for this response, i never would've noticed allllll these little things that made a huge difference by the end of the game.

I agree, I dont think I understood the amount of units/mobility i had over him at some points in the game. I really gotta clean up those units you mentioned.

again thanks!

No problem. OKW and USF are hardcore snowball factions, but between the two OKW is the best at it. Once they get rolling..... It gets way harder for you. Best thing you do is stop the snowball instead of trying to match or outlast it.

As OKW, you HAVE to go for wipes on riflemen squads or officer squads, kill the enemy ambulance... Those kinds of things..and it has a similar effect. The game will just go way easier for you.
28 Mar 2016, 23:53 PM

No problem. OKW and USF are hardcore snowball factions, but between the two OKW is the best at it. Once they get rolling..... It gets way harder for you. Best thing you do is stop the snowball instead of trying to match or outlast it.

As OKW, you HAVE to go for wipes on riflemen squads or officer squads, kill the enemy ambulance... Those kinds of things..and it has a similar effect. The game will just go way easier for you.

just wondering, would you have recommended 1 less shermann and 1 more jackson to deal with the panther? or something else anti tank
29 Mar 2016, 00:19 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

just wondering, would you have recommended 1 less shermann and 1 more jackson to deal with the panther? or something else anti tank

You couldve went for a lmg zook mix. You had the manpower for some extra RE's and muni caches.

Then you can still go double sherman + jackson, whatever, and use them with without worrying about a panther diving you and murdering you.(unless he wants to charge into AT nades and zooks)

Your armor composition was fine really, it was just the way you used it. If you get that second sherman, do something decisive with it. Especially if the fuel is 'even' like it was.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 18
South Africa 2
unknown 11
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %