russian armor

Improved Emplacements Commander

PAGES (11)down
24 Mar 2016, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 15:40 PMbert69

i think you're going insane
24 Mar 2016, 16:03 PM

Because?

How putting bofors to protect flank is different than putting Schwerer?
Apart from the fact that Schwerer can defend itself from medium tanks.
24 Mar 2016, 16:15 PM

A was saying this for ages ever since OKW came out that the game is about flanking, capping but Schwerer HQ and Med Truck completly deny this.

Guess what was the answer.

L2P :foreveralone:

personally i don't think it's too big of an issue with the okw because of the risks for locking down sectors, losing a tech building will most likely sink you. I would however change it so that the KT only comes out with all three buildings present.

also one thing about the OKW is that they can't lock cut offs with caches, that is usually what my flaktruck is for (not very exciting)
24 Mar 2016, 16:36 PM

Because?

How putting bofors to protect flank is different than putting Schwerer?
Apart from the fact that Schwerer can defend itself from medium tanks.

Price ? Limitation to 1 ? Having no god mode iwin button ? Having to use pioneers to repair it ? Took me 30 secs to find a decent answer.
24 Mar 2016, 16:39 PM

24 Mar 2016, 16:47 PM

Regardless of whether or not the commander needs tweaks, the biggest thing I don't understand is this notion that "emplacements don't belong in the game." It seems like an easy cop out type answer... "I don't like something, so it shouldn't be there!"
24 Mar 2016, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 16:36 PMSlaYoU

Price ? Limitation to 1 ? Having no god mode iwin button ? Having to use pioneers to repair it ? Took me 30 secs to find a decent answer.

Schwerer is a tech building. Therefore don't compare the price. But if you do, take up keep into account. How Bofors has iwin button? Last time I used bofors, I used RE to repair it.
24 Mar 2016, 16:52 PM

24 Mar 2016, 16:53 PM

Schwerer is a tech building. Therefore don't compare the price. But if you do, take up keep into account. How Bofors has iwin button? Last time I used bofors, I used RE to repair it.

Autorepair + Brace is close to a god mode button to me. But maybe we are talking different things ? Whatever, if u feel this commander is legit and balanced, not my issue.
24 Mar 2016, 16:55 PM

Can a moderator please add further polls to this thread? I don´t know how to do it:

Is it fun for you to play against the Improved Emplacement Commander?

- It´s a lot of fun
- It´s okay
- I don´t care
- It could be better
- I hate it

Is it fun for you playing the Improved Emplacement Commander?

- It´s a lot of fun
- It´s okay
- I don´t care
- It could be better
- I hate it

Thank you.
24 Mar 2016, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 16:53 PMSlaYoU

Autorepair + Brace is close to a god mode button to me. But maybe we are talking different things ? Whatever, if u feel this commander is legit and balanced, not my issue.

It can't retreat therefore brace is needed.

Whole thing is to force brace and attack once brace is on cooldown. Then none emplacement will last long.
24 Mar 2016, 16:59 PM

Can a moderator please add further polls to this thread? I don´t know how to do it:

Is it fun for you to play against the Improved Emplacement Commander?

- It´s a lot of fun
- It´s okay
- I don´t care
- It could be better
- I hate it

Is it fun for you playing the Improved Emplacement Commander?

- It´s a lot of fun
- It´s okay
- I don´t care
- It could be better
- I hate it

Thank you.

Assuming they won't, my answer is:
1. I Hate It.
2. It could be better.
24 Mar 2016, 16:59 PM

It can't retreat therefore brace is needed.

Whole thing is to force brace and attack once brace is on cooldown. Then none emplacement will last long.

And Schwerer HQ can retreat right ? lmfao. You're going nowhere u know. Start bringing OKW T4 into this discussion, yet end defending op commander. EZ to bait, mate. And we are only talking ONE of the 4 answers i brought.
24 Mar 2016, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 16:59 PMSlaYoU
And Schwerer HQ can retreat right ? lmfao. You're going nowhere u know. Start bringing OKW T4 into this discussion, yet end defending op commander. EZ to bait, mate. And we are only talking ONE of the 4 answers i brought.

Schwerr is a builing! Not a unit! It does its job even in base = giving you access to units.

1 of 4? Price? Cool, add up keep for 5-10mins and let's see which one costs more.
24 Mar 2016, 17:05 PM

Schwerr is a builing! Not a unit! It does its job even in base = giving you access to units.

1 of 4? Price? Cool, add up keep for 5-10mins and let's see which one costs more.

You're such a living joke. It's not even fun, hurry go back queuing with cancer commander while it lasts! Now i regret having said that you weren't as biased as Gdot was saying, you are katinoob caliber, at the very least :)

Oh and btw, Bofor does it's job even in base y'know, shooting those juicy planes. New meta, for sure :)

Oh and last edit on this topic: you sure you want to compare 10 mins upkeep (150MP) versus 85 FU ? Or i am mislead and there is a fuel cost in upkeeps ? And you can still try to argue about the simultaneous number of them (lost cause too), the fact it sits in a doctrine that pretty much prevents indirect fire for the ennemy team (and don't forget we are not talking vanilla bofor here, only the broken combination of this commander with it). Yeah yeah, whatever. I'm losing my time too. Have fun with this commander, and i repeat, while it lasts.
24 Mar 2016, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 17:05 PMSlaYoU

You're such a living joke. It's not even fun, hurry go back queuing with cancer commander while it lasts !

And it's me whi avoids answers, right? :foreveralone:

You said price.
But you forgot Schwerer is a tech building not a unit. Its first job is to give you access to units. Flak gun is an extra.
With such logic we can compare LeFH/ML20 to 25 Pounders. I say they are free, something extra for teching, just like Schwerer. With your attitude I can say they cost way more than LeFH. So, you gonna say that 25 pounders are more expensive than LeFH? It's the same logic. Becasue you know, LeFH is chepaer and does the job better than 25 pounders.

Plus up keep and pop cap. Schwerer has none.

Schwerer is a building, therefore why should it have brace? Brace is a trade for a retreat. It's not iWin button. It's just something which give you chances to survive but once it's over, emplacement is very vunerable.

Autorepair is a doctrinal ability and it repairs units (emplacements)
How is that different from non-doc OKW autoreparis of vehicles or USF superglue? Not that much. One repairs emplacements second repairs vehicles.

Bofors job is to fight. SHooting down planes is just a part of it.
It also prevents you from getting AEC. Last time I checked, Schwerer gave me access to new units instead of denying them.
24 Mar 2016, 17:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 15:20 PMtenid

Isn't that the entire point? Unless you mean repairing the forward assembly itself.

It's also why you should take out the forward assembly first rather than plinking away endlessly at the bofors or mortar pit. It can't even brace!

The point would be for repairing vehicles, like the soviet repair station.

Free repairs on emplacements is just overkill.
24 Mar 2016, 17:24 PM

And it's me whi avoids answers, right? :foreveralone:

You said price.
But you forgot Schwerer is a tech building not a unit. Its first job is to give you access to units. Flak gun is an extra.
With such logic we can compare LeFH/ML20 to 25 Pounders. I say they are free, something extra for teching, just like Schwerer. With your attitude I can say they cost way more than LeFH. So, you gonna say that 25 pounders are more expensive than LeFH? It's the same logic.

Plus up keep and pop cap. Schwerer has none.

Schwerer is a building, therefore why should it have brace? Brace is a trade for a retreat. It's not iWin button. It's just something which give you chances to survive but once it's over, emplacement is very vunerable.

Autorepair is a doctrinal ability and it repairs units (emplacements)
How is that different from non-doc OKW autoreparis of vehicles or USF superglue? Not that much. One repairs emplacements second repairs vehicles.

Bofors job is to fight. SHooting down planes is just a part of it.
It also prevents you from getting AEC. Last time I checked, Schwerer gave me access to new units instead of denying them.

I edited previous post, and don't get me started on DPS comparison between the two of them, it's just stupid.
24 Mar 2016, 17:26 PM

Yes you did, but I don't see anything aboyt 25 ponders vs ML20/LeFH which is the same logic you apply to Schwerer vs Bofors.

You whine about autorepairs but how is that different from OKW auto repairs? Just tech, you don't have to even spend extra resources.
24 Mar 2016, 17:31 PM

Yes you did, but I don't see anything aboyt 25 ponders vs ML20/LeFH which is the same logic you apply to Schwerer vs Bofors.

You whine about autorepairs but how is that different from OKW auto repairs? Just tech, you don't have to even spend extra resources.

OKW auto repairs are a free feature, just like the 25 pdr is. This commander gives basically a free LEFH/ML20 with counter battery AND autorepairs (vehicles + buildings). Combine all of this with vanilla brace on a absurdingly high dps emplacement like bofor and you get something OP. You can't compare 2 different systems by comparing the pieces one by one, in this case you have to take synergies into account. I have plenty of examples but they are related to other games so i'm not sure you'll understand what i'm talking about.

EDIT: and the added HP / Armor on emplacements too. Forgot this one. Funny how everyone jumped on mobile assault commander when they saw the Land Matress, and how this one slipped through puzzles me.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 19
Germany 853
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %