russian armor

Fix for SU Defensive Tactics.

22 Mar 2016, 19:44 PM

i like this idea
22 Mar 2016, 19:45 PM
22 Mar 2016, 19:46 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I voted yes. This commander being made useful doesn't mean the Ostheer one also shouldn't see some attention people, take it easy.

... I can't explain to myself why the lack of basic field defense such as the sandbags for the Wehrmacht, a supposedly defensive Army as Relic have already stated with their info-graph or whatever.

Could you imagine trying to assault an Ostheer team weapon & LMG gren formation if they had sandbags in all the right spots? It would be suicide, just way too strong.
22 Mar 2016, 19:49 PM

You really need to update your game.......
Few facts: T0 HMG42 is way way better agasint vehicles than 2CPs DSHK.
120mm is no better than stock 81mm. In fact there is no point of picking 120mm ever.

Sorry but I must ask. What's your multiplayer experience? Because with 1 random game as SU Im not surprised you are saygn that 120 is best mortar and DSHK wrecks vehicles...

I mostly play team games, your assumption is your own fault, I never said I play 1v1s.

And last time I played the DshK and 120mm mortar wrecked... one suppressed long enough for the other's shells to land directly on the enemy infantry units.

Edit: Yeah I'd agree more with the 152mm howitzer or B4, but again, the B4 is a premium unit so I don't know...
22 Mar 2016, 19:50 PM

I voted yes. This commander being made useful doesn't mean the Ostheer one also shouldn't see some attention people, take it easy.

Agreed. It's a good idea and we need to see more commanders on all factions made viable. It's unfortunate that so few commanders are really viable at the moment.
22 Mar 2016, 19:50 PM

B4 maybe or ML20?

yea, I was thinking about it but with howies this doctrine would result with huge fuel float without any way to spend it. MP for M42, MP for DSHK, MP for 120mm and MP for howie. Too much MP without fuel.
22 Mar 2016, 19:52 PM

I mostly play team games, your assumption is your own fault, I never said I play 1v1s.

And last time I played the DshK and 120mm mortar wrecked... one suppressed long enough for the other's shells to land directly on the enemy infantry units.

Edit: Yeah I'd agree more with the 152mm howitzer or B4, but again, the B4 is a premium unit so I don't know...

Then try it one more time. Put HMG42 ahead of Puma and then put DHSK ahead of Puma. See what happens.

120 wrecks... 120 is worse than 81mm. Just saying.

As for howies, check post above.

___
You have total 1 of Soviets as random and none AT. Unless you play only comp stopms or custom games all the time.
22 Mar 2016, 20:01 PM

the dhsk ap rounds are half as good as the MG42 incendiary rounds if i remember correectly
22 Mar 2016, 20:04 PM

In defense of the 120 it does have a longer range than the 81mm. That is about the only good thing going for it, however, since the 120 has the exact same damage properties as the 81mm and worse accuracy.
22 Mar 2016, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 20:01 PMNinjaWJ
the dhsk ap rounds are half as good as the MG42 incendiary rounds if i remember correectly

Its much more then that.

Inc rounds give 2x dmg on top of pen buff and faster RoF makes for quite insane AT dps vs lights.
22 Mar 2016, 20:13 PM

Then try it one more time. Put HMG42 ahead of Puma and then put DHSK ahead of Puma. See what happens.

As for howies, check post above.

___
You have total 1 of Soviets as random and none AT. Unless you play only comp stopms or custom games all the time.

Of course the MG42 is arguably the best MG in the entire game, you can get it straight out of your HQ building for 260 man power, good damage, great Vet 1 ability that shreds light vehicles and so forth, but still, the DshK for 300 man power and only being in 2 Soviet commanders... I'd say it's worth something.

Also, go back and read what I wrote, using BOTH in combination, not just the 120mm mortar alone, of course that's a bit man power intensive but yeah...

Yeah saw that, but even if so don't think Relic would add the B4 to it, 152 sounds more logical if what you suggest get implemented or even considered.

Ah yes, the player card check, but as far as I'm aware this isn't the Balance section so yeah... and yeah I love comp stomps and custom games, doesn't mean weapon effectiveness changes tho, you're still facing enemy units by the numbers, sure, might not be in the same way you'd play against players but still.
22 Mar 2016, 20:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You proposed huge changes for Defensive Tactics (like a making completly new doctrine). Therefore not a smallest chance for this.
That's why I proposed something easy.

Yes, the changes are drastic, but with a commander as bad as this one, I think that's alright. It's not like any of those abilities are hard to implement or have the potential to be really OP.

But you're right, it's very unlikely that we're gonna see an overhaul like that. Although it's probably almost as unlikely to even see smaller changes like the ones you proposed. When did they ever significantly change commander abilities? The only time I can think of was when the Pz4 group in Elite Armor was swapped for the Sturmtiger.
22 Mar 2016, 20:37 PM

Yes, the changes are drastic, but with a commander as bad as this one, I think that's alright. It's not like any of those abilities are hard to implement or have the potential to be really OP.

But you're right, it's very unlikely that we're gonna see an overhaul like that. Although it's probably almost as unlikely to even see smaller changes like the ones you proposed. When did they ever significantly change commander abilities? The only time I can think of was when the Pz4 group in Elite Armor was swapped for the Sturmtiger.

Have a faith! They did it with Elite Troops, Industry and Rifle Company quite recently!
22 Mar 2016, 21:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That would be better than it is now, but I still think the doctrine would be shit. KV2 is pretty lackluster. I think a buff to the m-42 at gun along with these changes is needed. Some people were throwing around the idea of giving the M-42 the gun of a t-70 to provide some anti infantry power. Love that idea, would make me actually take this doctrine.
22 Mar 2016, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 21:45 PMTobis
That would be better than it is now, but I still think the doctrine would be shit. KV2 is pretty lackluster. I think a buff to the m-42 at gun along with these changes is needed. Some people were throwing around the idea of giving the M-42 the gun of a t-70 to provide some anti infantry power. Love that idea, would make me actually take this doctrine.

Notice that KV2 with this doctrine would became really fearsome because of tank traps which would stop easy flanking and rushing to close minimum range of a siege mode. Great combination.

I did not put M42 changes becasue as much as we would like to see them, there are almost no chances for this.
22 Mar 2016, 21:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I did not put M42 changes becasue as much as we would like to see them, there are almost no chances for this.

So you're hopeful yet realistic. :foreveralone:
22 Mar 2016, 22:30 PM

You're suggesting defensive tactics get a premium commander unit in the form of the KV-2 which is no small feat to be honest, while if this was implemented the Wehr one would suck even more, I mean, why choose to play Wehr with all of it's shitty abilities compared to the awesome Soviet one? You get a .50 cal MG that shreds light vehicles, the best indirect fire support weapon in the game in the form of the 120mm mortar, trenches or whatever if they're combined, impassible tank traps and the KV-2 tank, compared to trenches, tank traps, hull down, Pak 43 which is probably the best thing about this doc, and Sector Arty which as you said is situational.

And yes I am very well aware that such abilities are often combined for the Western Front Armies but not for the East which is very puzzling for me, but still I can't explain to myself why the lack of basic field defense such as the sandbags for the Wehrmacht, a supposedly defensive Army as Relic have already stated with their info-graph or whatever.

My only suggestion is that if they were to really actually add the KV-2 to the Soviet defensive doctrine they should compensate the Wehrmacht with the Lefh 18 as well.

Just wanted to point out a few things.

1. The DSHK HMG does ok against light vehicles, not amazing. It's a soft-counter, if anything.

2. Like AussieMagic pointed out, the 120 mm mortar has seen some changes. It's still good, but not great.

3. Tank traps can be targeted and destroyed by tanks. (Quite easily, I believe. It just takes a little more micro.)
22 Mar 2016, 22:45 PM

I voted yes, but I dont think Relic will not put premium content (KV2) in a vanilla commander.
22 Mar 2016, 23:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Notice that KV2 with this doctrine would became really fearsome because of tank traps which would stop easy flanking and rushing to close minimum range of a siege mode. Great combination.

I think you are giving too much credit to tank traps. USF gets them non doctrinal, and I only ever see them used as a replacement for sandbags green cover. Tank traps aren't that big of a game changer.
22 Mar 2016, 23:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 23:29 PMTobis

I think you are giving too much credit to tank traps. USF gets them non doctrinal, and I only ever see them used as a replacement for sandbags green cover. Tank traps aren't that big of a game changer.

Of course they are not. But with KV2 they might see some good usage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★