Login

russian armor

Heavy Armors

21 Mar 2016, 16:47 PM

I've started playing the game after 1.5 years and found out that heavy armors in the game are, not so heavy? What happened to them? Seems to me like lots of crying happened on the forums and they got nerfed to oblivion. Is there any tactic that makes building heavy armor viable instead of getting several mediums?
21 Mar 2016, 17:22 PM

KT and Churchill both had their insane armor reduced. That's about it as far as I know (Tiger actually got a buff a few patches back).

Protip: Don't try to YOLO frontally charge several AT guns anymore - those days are past.
21 Mar 2016, 21:16 PM

KT and Churchill both had their insane armor reduced. That's about it as far as I know (Tiger actually got a buff a few patches back).

Protip: Don't try to YOLO frontally charge several AT guns anymore - those days are past.

IS-2's and ISU-152's AoE feels really underwhelming. ISU-152's and Elefant's range feels underwhelming. I don't even know how M26 is.
23 Mar 2016, 15:06 PM

IS-2's and ISU-152's AoE feels really underwhelming. ISU-152's and Elefant's range feels underwhelming. I don't even know how M26 is.

Isu 152 And Elefant range went from 100 to 70, and its a good news :)
23 Mar 2016, 15:31 PM
Donator 11

If you think heavies are weak you should try Kingtiger or Jagdtiger. Try Sturmtiger too, its not so much in the meta but its really powerfull. Standard tiger also got range buff recently so its better than it has ever been in games history. Elephant still self spots with scopes so its still worth using, mostly in 2v2.

As for allies: IS-2 has same armour as KT, it bounces even on rear armour usually. Pershing is best infantry killer in game that also packs a serious pounch against tanks - but for a heavy its fragile. You need to play smartly with it. ISU-152 is rarely used now, it not only has less range but also lost self spot and has to reload between HE and AP rounds. New british tanks like churchills and comets fill this gap.

Also generally all tanks from medium and up need to get at least one shot before they can be snared now. That is a serious buff to all of them.
24 Mar 2016, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2016, 15:06 PMBlalord

Isu 152 And Elefant range went from 100 to 70, and its a good news :)

Yeah, I know. It was 100 just as I stopped playing then people went mad, which was the right thing to do but nerfing to 70 is not justified I think. 80 would be better.

If you think heavies are weak you should try Kingtiger or Jagdtiger. Try Sturmtiger too, its not so much in the meta but its really powerfull. Standard tiger also got range buff recently so its better than it has ever been in games history. Elephant still self spots with scopes so its still worth using, mostly in 2v2.

As for allies: IS-2 has same armour as KT, it bounces even on rear armour usually. Pershing is best infantry killer in game that also packs a serious pounch against tanks - but for a heavy its fragile. You need to play smartly with it. ISU-152 is rarely used now, it not only has less range but also lost self spot and has to reload between HE and AP rounds. New british tanks like churchills and comets fill this gap.

Also generally all tanks from medium and up need to get at least one shot before they can be snared now. That is a serious buff to all of them.

Thanks for the insight. I still have the vanilla game sadly, though. :rolleyes:
24 Mar 2016, 21:44 PM
25 Mar 2016, 16:59 PM

playercard pls

It was on private, you can look now.
9 Apr 2016, 09:23 AM

Does anyone use the KV2?
9 Apr 2016, 09:52 AM

Does anyone use the KV2?

Haven't seen it in a long time, overall it's true except JT and KT the heavies aren't too good, the Tiger I really could use a slight armor buff, so could the Pershing.
IS2 is good as it is, pretty useful tank.
ISU is rare because it's risky, could maybe use a price decrease as well, has been overlooked.

Panther should get some less armor for increased AI capabilities, they just lack impact and often prove rather useless (not talking about huge team games here).
Churchills disappeared from the game after the nerf, there is no reason to ever get them, price reduction or slight armor buff needed.

The Comet seems fine though but is overall much better and more useful than the Panther.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment