Login

russian armor

Snipers = Useless ?

9 Jul 2013, 11:13 AM

I suspect that snipers can kill people inside houses, as long as their target is in a window they can shoot at. Otherwise they'll just hit the wooden walls.
9 Jul 2013, 11:43 AM

They seem to have a 40% chance to hit units inside buildings. So missing 4 shots in a row is definitely possible.
Furthermore, the theory with the windows makes sense: If they are on the other side of the house they cannot be hit.

I don't understand how you think the German sniper is "better" in that regard. Of course, he shoots more often but Soviet squads also have more men so he'd need about the same time to clear out a house (not factoring in luck/window thing).
9 Jul 2013, 15:22 PM

They seem to have a 40% chance to hit units inside buildings. So missing 4 shots in a row is definitely possible.
Furthermore, the theory with the windows makes sense: If they are on the other side of the house they cannot be hit.

I don't understand how you think the German sniper is "better" in that regard. Of course, he shoots more often but Soviet squads also have more men so he'd need about the same time to clear out a house (not factoring in luck/window thing).

I have yet to miss a single shot against a house. My sniper is usually behind my troops (meatshields and forward observation), and that means the enemy is usually shooting at my troops, so there is always someone shooting from a visible window.

As for missing anyway, I haven't had that experience yet, not when they are inside buildings (even though it says garrison cover has a 40% accuracy)
9 Jul 2013, 16:34 PM

As for missing anyway, I haven't had that experience yet, not when they are inside buildings (even though it says garrison cover has a 40% accuracy)

That is strange... I can ensure you that the Sniper misses very often, even when the MG team shoots directly at him.

@Mandley I hope you only mean missing against buildings. I hope you don't mean the second man with the lowerrange same looking Rifle.

And because of the Attackspeed: You might read this post: http://www.coh2.org/topic/5094/snipers-firerate-and-other-things-comparison.
9 Jul 2013, 18:56 PM

That is strange... I can ensure you that the Sniper misses very often, even when the MG team shoots directly at him.

@Mandley I hope you only mean missing against buildings. I hope you don't mean the second man with the lowerrange same looking Rifle.

And because of the Attackspeed: You might read this post: http://www.coh2.org/topic/5094/snipers-firerate-and-other-things-comparison.

I dont incorporate a lot of snipers into my gameplay, tbh, and my experience could have just had a lucky streak, or what not. Its anecdotal at best.
9 Jul 2013, 20:54 PM
Donator 11

I played 80 games, saw them maybe 3 or 4 times, that must mean something.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★