Login

russian armor

Soviet faction

PAGES (12)down
17 Mar 2016, 10:04 AM

This thread is fail. Soviets are one of the best armys they are capable of heaping the pressure on early and keeping it on for quite a while if you play right.

If you build 5+ maxims every game, yes. But is that a really fun way to play? No.
17 Mar 2016, 10:07 AM

And correction of opinion is not depends on "how much you played in game - 1k hours or 3 or 10". On that only depends your skills, and Im sure, that people, who have >3k hours in CoH 2 knows, how to kill Panther with 2 T-70 or how to destroy KT with T-34-76. But it doesn't mean, that T-70 or T-34-76 are such cool units - it only means, that man, who did that spent a lot of time to learn it and a lot of inner forces to did it.

It's really relaxing to play as OKW or Ostheers, but such exausting to play as USF or USSR. I hope, that you will agree with me in that.

So you're saying since you're not skilled you're balance opinion by experience is irrelevant?
Different road, same conlcusion so i won't argue that.

In "higher" ranked games (the ones were balance matters) allies are easier to play than axis.
And anyone thinking it's more relaxing to play ostheer vs USSR with say maximspam or just plain USF clearly never played those match-ups.

In random 4vs4 games, well i cannot being to fathom whats easier down there since balance is thrown out the window.

I have around 4000 hours playtime and my rank is pretty close to that.

I find this faction to be awfully designed, which lacks basic units and upgrades available to al the other factions. And having no decent inf does not help either.

Knowing you to be a troll, i cannot help myself but ask a question you won't answer:
Playercard plz.

Else people can claim all sort of things without having to prove it.

17 Mar 2016, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 10:04 AMTNrg

If you build 5+ maxims every game, yes. But is that a really fun way to play? No.

Totally agree, spamming maxims is the way to go but its boring and cheesy.

Cons/Penals are fun to play around with and you can have a couple of good games, but most of the time you have to rely on the cheesy maxim spam...

Still hoping for some non-doc elite infantry/penals fix and a non-doc T-34-85 and a SU-100 commander :luvDerp:
17 Mar 2016, 10:14 AM

And until you prove that "my opinions are just wrong" you can't say that, ok? Give me some facts and arguments, and then I will be wrong.

I can be wrong, and maybe Im 95% wrong, but that's what I see every day with my eyes.

QED. You are right that you're wrong most of the time. I am glad to read that you accepted that.

*puts on sunglasses*
17 Mar 2016, 10:16 AM

And where are these commanders :snfAmi:

17 Mar 2016, 10:22 AM

And where are these commanders :snfAmi:

If I remember right, they banned them, because they were "too OP", or something like that.

BUT, I REALLY WANT THAT DOCTRINE WITH NKVD COMMISSAR! USSR NEEDS OFFICERS!
17 Mar 2016, 10:23 AM

Soviet's arn't weak. But i think a love rework would be great. Because Relic killed the fun in this faction. Since the patch or T3 is forced to build T4. It was to limit a binary gameplay from this faction.

Problem is nothing changes, T4 is expensive, T4 units are expensives, and maybe don't worth their prices.

So everybody spam Su-76 and call-in, like before. Instead t-34-76 and call-in. It's makes this faction very predictable.

I know we can't hope great changes by now. But, à T1 buff (Penals), and rework the soviet sniper -> One fu***** model, and same speed of others snipers would be great.

A back of the t34-76 in the T3, or a call-in double t34-76 in T4, with NO DOC t34-85 in T4 would change so many things, in good !

So, i am still hoping, because i love SU faction. But, as always, we are blind with Relic in the cockpit.

Sorry for my english.

17 Mar 2016, 10:24 AM

They were never banned. They were never released.
17 Mar 2016, 10:36 AM

If I remember right, they banned them, because they were "too OP", or something like that.

BUT, I REALLY WANT THAT DOCTRINE WITH NKVD COMMISSAR! USSR NEEDS OFFICERS!

Same I want NKVD and No retreat!

and those Red Banner T-34-85s :megusta:
17 Mar 2016, 10:43 AM

Bullshit thread. Just watch some esl replays already, you will learn two things: soviet dominating the esl and how to play soviet because of all those replays were the faction was covered.
17 Mar 2016, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 10:43 AMHiflex
Just watch some esl

Ah that's the new argumenting meta! "Just watch some ELS bro, you are wrong"

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 10:07 AMzarok47

Knowing you to be a troll, i cannot help myself but ask a question you won't answer:
Playercard plz.

Else people can claim all sort of things without having to prove it.

@Lummel: How is this post OK? A moron with no playercard calling others trolls and asking for their playercard in an authoritative manner?
17 Mar 2016, 11:03 AM

Well, Soviets are not weak. In fact they are quite powerful but the whole design is just wrong.

This design forces you to get powerful doctrinal stuff becasue stock is nothing but pudding.

Wanna infantry? Shocks or Guards.
Wanna upgrade for Cons? PTRS or PPSH.
Wanna decent medium tank? T34/85
Wanna heavy tank? IS2
etc etc etc...

Everything is locked behind doctrines.
Sure, stock army still can do the job, but doctrinal units can do the same job better.

On the oother hand...
OST: good mainline infantry, best at gun, very good medium tanks, access to Panther.
OKW: you don't need any doctrine at all. All best belong to tech system.
USF: Powerful rifles, great Sherman, amazing Jackson.
UKF: Tommies, Comet, Firefly.

For OST, OKW, USF and UKF doctrines arent must-have. You have almost everything to deal with enemy in stock units. Doctrines will simply help you, give you more options.
For SU it's different. You have no options and doctrines just give you them, while they should give you additional way, not your only way.
17 Mar 2016, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 10:04 AMTNrg

In high level ESL games we mostly saw conscript-heavy builds and they worked just fine.
17 Mar 2016, 12:43 PM

@Lummel: How is this post OK? A moron with no playercard calling others trolls and asking for their playercard in an authoritative manner?

Your first reponse to me appears to be invisible, your second reponse contains you calling me a moron whilst claiming calling someone a troll is not ok.

Not only do you prove without doubt you are a troll, you also did not post your playercard as per predictions.

And since i am in such a jolly mood today, i will even post my playercard:

Now to await your excuse to not show your playercard (or perhaps it will be just another invisible post?).
17 Mar 2016, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 12:43 PMzarok47

Your first reponse to me appears to be invisible, your second reponse contains you calling me a moron whilst claiming calling someone a troll is not ok.

Not only do you prove without doubt you are a troll, you also did not post your playercard as per predictions.

And since i am in such a jolly mood today, i will even post my playercard:

Now to await your excuse to not show your playercard (or perhaps it will be just another invisible post?).
You are a troll and your post holds no value or argument.
17 Mar 2016, 12:56 PM

You are a troll and your post holds no value or argument.

Thanks for the laugh, i needed it :D
17 Mar 2016, 12:59 PM

Well, Soviets are not weak. In fact they are quite powerful but the whole design is just wrong.

This design forces you to get powerful doctrinal stuff becasue stock is nothing but pudding.

Wanna heavy tank? IS2
etc etc etc...

Everything is locked behind doctrines.
Sure, stock army still can do the job, but doctrinal units can do the same job better.

The design is the same since beta, maybe you just dont like how this faction have to be played, Asymetrical Balance, we dont want clone faction

17 Mar 2016, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 12:59 PMBlalord

The design is the same since beta, maybe you just dont like how this faction have to be played, Asymetrical Balance, we dont want clone faction

I do not understand you logic. As noted

Wanna heavy tank? IS2
etc etc etc...

But

On the oother hand...
OST: good mainline infantry, best at gun, very good medium tanks, access to Panther.
OKW: you don't need any doctrine at all. All best belong to tech system.
USF: Powerful rifles, great Sherman, amazing Jackson.
UKF: Tommies, Comet, Firefly.
For OST, OKW, USF and UKF doctrines arent must-have. You have almost everything to deal with enemy in stock units. Doctrines will simply help you, give you more options.

So Blalord, you want to say that all the factions that have solid stock troops is "clone faction"?
17 Mar 2016, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 12:59 PMBlalord

And it was fine when we had SU and OST. Both with useful stock which can do the job and better doctrinal units.
Since WFA it's no longer case becasue USF,OKW and UKF have everything what's best in their tiers.

Imagine if OST had non doc Stug E, Puma, Osttruppen and Tiger. No more struggle agasint USF blob, aye? And that's the thing. SU and OST need to relay on doctrines. OKW, USF and UKF don't.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS