Login

russian armor

Soviet faction

PAGES (12)down
17 Mar 2016, 08:18 AM

This thread is fail. Soviets are one of the best armys...

This post is fail and it's more of l2p issue if anything. Soviets are not weak and have not been weak for sometime.

Soviets are strong.

It's funny how much you all tremble before maxims spam.
17 Mar 2016, 08:21 AM

6 man in squad gives you noting. Those 6 man in crews have less HP per each, than 4 man in other factions. So, it means, they dying same fast as others. In proportions - 4 man and 6 man crews have same HP and as result - same survivability.

You actually don't know anything about this game do you? But lets be clear, you think SU units have less health per model?

In fact most of your posts in this thread are the random and uninformed musings of someone who clearly doesnt know much about this game

And if you want to talk proportionality, it takes 5-6 men to decrew A SU weapon team, it takes 3 crew to decrew an Axis one. Therefore SU has, proportionally 166-200% more survivability on a weapon team
17 Mar 2016, 08:21 AM

They do not have the same amount of health. Every infantry model in the game has 80hp, except for snipers.
While it is true that small arms fire is scaled for model count; i.e. 1 conscript squad has roughly the same small arms firepower/survivability ratio as 1 gren squad, the difference in survivability is seen in random/explosive wipes. It's quite easy to lose a grenadier squad to a single grenade, mortar hit or mine. Conscripts however are much more forgiving in this regard and will often get away.

But I don't think I can convince you of any of this as you appear to have a very distorted sense of the game. Maxim worst MG? Really?!
17 Mar 2016, 08:32 AM

Soviets are strong. They have the big advantage of 6-man squads that makes them very resistant to random wipes. They also, like Ostheer and to a lesser extent OKW, have an answer to pretty much every battlefield situation in their standard unit roster.

+1, probably Soviets are the most versitile and adaptable faction in the game
17 Mar 2016, 08:36 AM

You actually don't know anything about this game do you? But lets be clear, you think SU units have less health per model?

In fact most of your posts in this thread are the random and uninformed musings of someone who clearly doesnt know much about this game

From my experience I can say, that soviet models dying faster, than axis. I don't know why, maybe its a bad luck, but still. In soviet 6 man crews people dying faster than in all other faction's 4 man crews. Maybe they have bigger recived accuracy, or lesser HP... I don't really know, but thats what I often see.

And I play in CoH 2 since it started and played a lot in vCoH. So, I know about those games enough to judge, ok?

They do not have the same amount of health. Every infantry model in the game has 80hp, except for snipers.
While it is true that small arms fire is scaled for model count; i.e. 1 conscript squad has roughly the same small arms firepower/survivability ratio as 1 gren squad, the difference in survivability is seen in random/explosive wipes. It's quite easy to lose a grenadier squad to a single grenade, mortar hit or mine. Conscripts however are much more forgiving in this regard and will often get away.

But I don't think I can convince you of any of this as you appear to have a very distorted sense of the game. Maxim worst MG? Really?!

4 man squads are not so vunerable, if they are not bunching close to each other. And they rarely bunching so, but 6 man squads are big, so models usually staying close to each other. So, if I throw grenade, mortar shell, mine, whatever in 4 man squad and kill 1-2 models - for 6 man squad it will be 2-3 or even 4 models. Proportion saves - they will lost almost same percent of firepower. So again - 6 man squad doesn't make infantry better.

And of course Maxim is worst MG in game. Small arc of fire, small AoE supresison, slow turning speed, since it is on wheels, not on "foots"... Only in spam Maxims can fight effectivly, but its just another sign, that Maxim is broken. If you need to spam unit for to make it work - it is bad sign, really. Specially, when same type of enemy units works well without spam at all (MG-42, for example).

17 Mar 2016, 09:03 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I can't say, that USSR weak. But IMO USSR T1 and T4 have problems.

T1
T1 looks like appendix. I am still sure, that T1 should be removed, and units from it replace to another Tiers. For example:
T0 (HQ) - Engineers, Conscripts, M3A1
T1 (Previous T2) - M1910,PM-41, ZiS-3, Sniper
T2 (Previous T3) - No changes
T3 (Previous T4) - Penals, T-34, SU-85, BM-13. Penals have some of their vetbuffs moved to stock.

T4
Units from T4 are mostly non costeffective.
T-34 is peace of crap, it can missed in very-very-very close combat, have weak armor and speed as another medium tanks. Concept of suicide tank for low price is good for doctrine, but not for unit from top tier of faction. #T-34CallInT-34-85NonDock :)
SU-85... I think it need rebalance. It shoot fast, but don't penetrate often. And its price is close to price of M36.
BM-13 I don't see any big problem hier, maybe only increase AoE a little bit.
17 Mar 2016, 09:05 AM

From my experience I can say, that soviet models dying faster, than axis. I don't know why, maybe its a bad luck, but still. In soviet 6 man crews people dying faster than in all other faction's 4 man crews. Maybe they have bigger recived accuracy, or lesser HP... I don't really know, but thats what I often see.

And I play in CoH 2 since it started and played a lot in vCoH. So, I know about those games enough to judge, ok?

If you are so experienced, why are you posting blatantly incorrect 'facts'

4 man squads are not so vunerable, if they are not bunching close to each other. And they rarely bunching so, but 6 man squads are big, so models usually staying close to each other.

Again more falsehoods, the size of a squad has no bearing on how close the units stand together.

And of course Maxim is worst MG in game. Small arc of fire, small AoE supresison, slow turning speed, since it is on wheels, not on "foots"... Only in spam Maxims can fight effectively, but its just another sign, that Maxim is broken. If you need to spam unit for to make it work - it is bad sign, really. Specially, when same type of enemy units works well without spam at all (MG-42, for example).

First Do you even know what mgs exist in this game? Second just because it is different than Mg42, doesn't mean its bad. Thirdly its turning speed is fastest in the game. Forth, if a unit is really good spammed, but mediocre by itself, its still a good unit. Fifth, since its on wheels it is only decreased when all 6 models die. Sixthly it has the most DPS out of the other MGs, so you 'neglected' to mention that one, its disingenuous to call a unit bad by listing its weaknesses and none of its strengths.

In conclusion, playercard pls
17 Mar 2016, 09:06 AM

Looks like a L2P issue, just a couple weeks ago Axis was on life support and now they were OP for years?

The fact Soviets is the most chosen faction when there is money on the line (ESL) says enough.

Although maybe some units need some tweaks, overall Soviets are a well designed army equipped with all the tools to deal with any situation.
17 Mar 2016, 09:15 AM

Soviet vs ost still best most balanced matchup. Soviets are fine right now.
17 Mar 2016, 09:17 AM

Units from T4 are mostly non costeffective.

You cant just compare T4 soviets to say panthers are say its crap, its not that simple.

Fact is its reasonably easy to overwhelm German defenses with well used spammy soviet tactics, at this point you can bring out a T34/76 to keep them burried.

If for some reason you've not been aggressive or you've failed hard in your assaults, well your giving the game away.

You need to play SU like Zerg in StarCraft... do not let them breath.
17 Mar 2016, 09:20 AM

If you are so experienced, why are you posting blatantly incorrect 'facts'

Again more falsehoods, the size of a squad has no bearing on how close the units stand together.

First Do you even know what mgs exist in this game? Second just because it is different than Mg42, doesn't mean its bad. Thirdly its turning speed is fastest in the game. Forth, if a unit is really good spammed, but mediocre by itself, its still a good unit. Fifth, since its on wheels it is only decreased when all 6 models die. Sixthly it has the most DPS out of the other MGs, so you 'neglected' to mention that one, its disingenuous to call a unit bad by listing its weaknesses and none of its strengths.

In conclusion, playercard pls

When I say "from my experience" I mean, that I can be wrong, and maybe Im 95% wrong, but that's what I see every day with my eyes. I don't think that eyes lying to me.

And again - maybe 6 man squads are better, more survivable and everything else, but, it doesn't make faction good. Personally, I would like to have 4 man crews for USSR support weapons, but rise up their power to level of axis supports.

First, I know what MGs exists in game and yea - even MG-34 is not so loosy as Maxim (my personal opinion).

Second, it's not only different, it's different in bad way. Smaller arc of fire means, that it's easier to outflank it and requiers waaay more micro from player who use it. Small AoE supression means, that large blobs can push in front of it and some will be pinned, but some will move enough to throw nade and shut my Maxim. MG-42 pins infantry in laaarge area, giving no chanse to random squad to move close enough and shut it.

Third, how is that turning speed is faster? It has to rotate on wheels, when all other MGs on foot just instantly turning. Wheels causing them move at circle for to rotate, it slows them hard.

Forth, if unit is good only when spammed here is 2 ways, either it is core unit (and maxim is not - it is support weapon) or it's broken. I think, that it is second, because all other MGs doing their job good enough without spam, and only Maxim requiers to be in large numbers to be good. Thats just not normal.

Fifth, didn't understand what you meant here, sorry.

Sixth, bro, I don't need MG to deal damage, seriously. For that I have core infantry, snipers, tanks, mortars... everything else. MG in CoH 2 should supress and pin infantry, not deal huge damage to them. So, "biggest DPS" in game doesn't mean that is it good MG. It still can't deal with huge enemy blobs, specially when they are spreading wide, it still can't fight against light vechiles, like MG-42/34 do...

So, Maxim is still worst MG in game.

17 Mar 2016, 09:27 AM

Aw man misscommisar let me tell you... Your opinions are just wrong... watch replays and play the game more, then u will understand the power of the soviet.
17 Mar 2016, 09:30 AM

Aw man misscommisar let me tell you... Your opinions are just wrong... watch replays and play the game more, then u will understand the power of the soviet.

I don't need to watch "someone playing in game" for to understand balance in it. It actually can give you wrong view.

Best way to feel balance in game - play yourself.

And until you didn't prove that "my opinions are just wrong" you can't say that, ok? Give me some facts and arguments, and then I will be wrong.
17 Mar 2016, 09:37 AM

I don't need to watch "someone playing in game" for to understand balance in it. It actually can give you wrong view.

And until you didn't prove that "my opinions are just wrong" you can't say that, ok? Give me some facts and arguments, and then I will be wrong.

I'll reply with an easy catch... Maxim turn speed is faster then a mg34,43... That's just simple game knowledge. The grens don't have ooorah to outflank it either, so you can quickly turn the maxim.

Watching somebody play will give you a better understanding of the game,and it's mechanics, you are currently misinformed.
17 Mar 2016, 09:42 AM

I'll reply with an easy catch... Maxim turn speed is faster then a mg34,43... That's just simple game knowledge. The grens don't have ooorah to outflank it either, so you can quickly turn the maxim.

Watching somebody play will give you a better understanding of the game,and it's mechanics, you are currently misinformed.

Maxim turn speed is actually SLOWER than MG-42/34. You know why? Because when installed MG-42/34 needs to turn (in range of arc) to target it... just turns gun. Maybe truning is going slow, but still.

For to trun Maxim to target you should 1.pack it up, 2.turn it, 3.set it up again. What you think takes time more: just turn turret or pack and set all time, when you need to chose another target? Simple.

And turn on move is slower for Maxim too just because of wheels. Look at your own games sometimes, you will see, that for to turn Maxim for retreat (for example) it move on small, but circle. It takes a lot of time and it's dangerous, if Maxim should retreat under fire. It casues often Maxim losses, more often than other MGs, which can just instantly turn back and run away.
17 Mar 2016, 09:43 AM

If you played all 5 factions and are atleast rank 100 in all of them in 1vs1 and have about 3000 hours in coh2, you might be right.

Something tells me you play 1 maybe 2 allied factions at most, probably 3vs3 or 4vs4's randoms, are ranked 300+ and have at most 1000 hours in coh2.
In short: your personal experience is wrong.

Prove me wrong, i dare you.
17 Mar 2016, 09:44 AM

Ah you mean it's targeting turn speed? Not its pack up and unpack speed?
17 Mar 2016, 09:49 AM

Maxim turn speed is actually SLOWER than MG-42/34. You know why? Because when installed MG-42/34 needs to turn (in range of arc) to target it... just turns gun. Maybe truning is going slow, but still.

For to trun Maxim to target you should 1.pack it up, 2.turn it, 3.set it up again. What you think takes time more: just turn turret or pack and set all time, when you need to chose another target? Simple.

And turn on move is slower for Maxim too just because of wheels. Look at your own games sometimes, you will see, that for to turn Maxim for retreat (for example) it move on small, but circle. It takes a lot of time and it's dangerous, if Maxim should retreat under fire. It casues often Maxim losses, more often than other MGs, which can just instantly turn back and run away.

You are aware how fast the MG42 traverses its turret right?
17 Mar 2016, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 09:43 AMzarok47

If you played all 5 factions and are atleast rank 100 in all of them in 1vs1 and have about 3000 hours in coh2, you might be right.

Something tells me you play 1 maybe 2 allied factions at most, probably 3vs3 or 4vs4's randoms, are ranked 300+ and have at most 1000 hours in coh2.
In short: your personal experience is wrong.

Prove me wrong, i dare you.

I played as all factions a lot. Maybe not so much, as some people did here, but still.

And correction of opinion is not depends on "how much you played in game - 1k hours or 3 or 10". On that only depends your skills, and Im sure, that people, who have >3k hours in CoH 2 knows, how to kill Panther with 2 T-70 or how to destroy KT with T-34-76. But it doesn't mean, that T-70 or T-34-76 are such cool units - it only means, that man, who did that spent a lot of time to learn it and a lot of inner forces to did it.

If you play hard, you can beat anyone with USSR in today's conditions, I agree. In that terms USSR is fine balanced. But only problem is - Axis don't have to play such hard as USSR to win.

It's really relaxing to play as OKW or Ostheers, but such exausting to play as USF or USSR. I hope, that you will agree with me in that.

You are aware how fast the MG42 traverses its turret right?

Of course. It's pretty slow, but again - compare it with that time, which Maxim spends on packing-turning-unpacking. It's way more! MG-42 can traverse it's turret at least. Maxim's platform looks like it should traverse there too, but no - it only can be turned by packing-unpacking. That thing just killing me.
17 Mar 2016, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 09:43 AMzarok47

I have around 4000 hours playtime and my rank is pretty close to that.

I find this faction to be awfully designed, which lacks basic units and upgrades available to al the other factions. And having no decent inf does not help either.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS