Login

russian armor

HELP! what to do against CT?

16 Mar 2016, 10:02 AM

I play 1 vs 1. And recently there was such case:
Played for the British, was the success variable, called the crocodile, and together with 6 squads of anti-infantry(at the end decided to spam 'em as the Germans spam grenadiers) and with the support of the centaur, the comet and the crocodile to finish off my opponent. All went well, all the enemy infantry were either destroyed or fled. Were only a couple of sad little dinged up squad. But here comes king tiger and all my strength was spent to get -33%!!! its HP! The game was 1 vs 1. Of course we are not talking about any 17 pounder guns, not about any developments anti-tank guns, no rage comets, etc. In those conditions, my army was able to carry ANY. But the German called KT and GG. How to deal with them? The British churchill was nerfed. Before he could counter KT, to hold his shot until the comet and anti-tank guns inflicted damage. IS-2 is not even close as effective as KT. ISU-152 and IS-2 makes its way safely all the German guns, except that light tanks can't break through.

How to deal with them?

PS Why the official forums on the website Company of Heroes 2 is still closed? Promised to open in January.
16 Mar 2016, 10:08 AM

I suppose by CT you mean King Tiger?

Usually surrounding it works quite well - move behind it with a tank (like cromwell) and shoot it from another direction with another tank and AT guns and keep circling around it while still blocking it's reverse path with the first tank. Just make sure you don't push into his 25 squads of schrecked volks when doing this.
16 Mar 2016, 10:10 AM

CT=command tank.
KT=king tiger.

You speak of KT.

You'd be prepared, you'd have 2 6 pounders, you'd be unprepared, 2x REs with 2 PIATs each may not be the most efficient counter, but they'll keep KT in check if you make it focus on churchill.

KT, JT and ele are three units the PIAT is actually useful against.
16 Mar 2016, 10:12 AM

The Sherman Firefly simply fucks the KT with its huge range and rockets. The KT is slow and clumsy. One single mine and it gets a damaged engine that will result in your Firefly being able to easily kill it.

But if the enemy gets a King Tiger in 1v1 then the problem was made before the KT arrived. The unit itself costs 310 Fuel, the buildings needed cost 160 Fuel, so 470 Fuel in total. That means usually no tanks before the beast.
16 Mar 2016, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 10:08 AMTNrg
I suppose by CT you mean King Tiger?

Usually surrounding it works quite well - move behind it with a tank (like cromwell) and shoot it from another direction with another tank and AT guns and keep circling around it while still blocking it's reverse path with the first tank. Just make sure you don't push into his 25 squads of schrecked volks when doing this.

Even this tactic depends on the case! The problem is that this is the BEST tank in the game. And not just the best, and GREATLY SUPERIOR to any other tanks. 1vs1 maps are quite small. So while circle KT, the grenadiers reached to the base, and restored them, even, will not have to run. KT runs away from you on your base, and there with a crowd of grenadiers lays out all.

The only true exit 17 pound gun
16 Mar 2016, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 10:10 AMKatitof
CT=command tank.
KT=king tiger.

You speak of KT.
yeah-yeah, My mistake.
16 Mar 2016, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 10:10 AMKatitof
CT=command tank.
KT=king tiger.

You speak of KT.

You'd be prepared, you'd have 2 6 pounders, you'd be unprepared, 2x REs with 2 PIATs each may not be the most efficient counter, but they'll keep KT in check if you make it focus on churchill.

KT, JT and ele are three units the PIAT is actually useful against.

Usualy i using AT rifle with general. Are you shure than PIATs are better against KT?

Firefly with rockets....hm...if i'll build 17 punder then it's a very good variant...

Thanks all of you. Now i gonna change a li'll my tactics
16 Mar 2016, 10:25 AM

But if the enemy gets a King Tiger in 1v1 then the problem was made before the KT arrived. The unit itself costs 310 Fuel, the buildings needed cost 160 Fuel, so 470 Fuel in total. That means usually no tanks before the beast.

Yeah but: I've got 79 lvl. And i plaid against TOP player(400 lvl?). So i have a small chance to win. MB player without a prestige should not play against prestige or, damn balance, top players?
16 Mar 2016, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 10:26 AMElik

Yeah but: I've got 79 lvl. And i played against TOP player(400 lvl?). So i have a small chance to win. MB player without a prestige should not play against prestige or, damn balance, top players?

Level or prestige rank doesnt say anything, you have to look at the ladder rank to get a indication of the skill level of your opponent.

You can use ingame leaderboard or third party software CELO for this (https://www.coh2.org/topic/18454/celo-company-of-elo)
16 Mar 2016, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 10:17 AMElik

The problem is that this is the BEST tank in the game. And not just the best, and GREATLY SUPERIOR to any other tanks.

This is simply not true. Yes, in terms of damage, you might be correct, but the KT is slow as hell and its path finding is catastrophic. Its range is also not very high. In my opinion, the KT is one of the worst heavy tanks in the game because of the price and fucked up mobility.

I had a game some months ago where I played US versus OKW. I noticed that the enemy hadn't brought any tank and the game was already in minute 20. So I build two M36 Jacksons. Some time later, the King Tiger arrived and got shot to pieces by both Jacksons which have good penetration and even better range. Both tanks didn't take a single HP of damage, while the KT had to retreat and got knocked out on its path home.

As UKF it's the same story only that you replace the Jacksons with Shermans that have even more damage and better armour and, in addition, Tulip rockets.

If I understand you correctly, the problem is the combination of a KT with a Command Panther (the only command tank OKW can get). If this is the case, I quote my post earlier on, saying that the game was lost long before the tanks arrived on the battlefield. Both tanks together cost 670 (!) fuel. With an average income of about 18 fuel per minute, it would take the OKW player almost 40 minutes to collect this amount of fuel without spending ANYTHING. No one can survive a game that long without any armour.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 10:25 AMElik

Yeah but: I've got 79 lvl. And i plaid against TOP player(400 lvl?). So i have a small chance to win. MB player without a prestige should not play against prestige or, damn balance, top players?

This is a problem of the small player base. Most of the time, about 5.000 people are online and IMO 90% of them are either afk or playing custom games. While the rest is currently in a ranked game, about 50-100 people are searching for a ranked game at best. If there is no one fitting your skill in these people, the engine will take "the next best one".

I always am around rank 500-700 and I also got matched against Jove (number 1 in almost all factions). That's simply bad luck :)
16 Mar 2016, 10:35 AM

You had six PIAT squads, a Crocodile, a Comet, and all the enemy infantry was dead or had fled except for two squads? That sounds like more than enough to deal with a lone King Tiger. If not, the King Tiger is slow, and if the enemy infantry was truly as reduced as you claim, it should be easy to maintain map control where the King Tiger is not. Just spam mines and stall for the Fireflies. You can't cap victory points with a King Tiger.

Also, which commander were you using? Both of the Croc Churchill commanders I can remember have OK-ish anti-tank call-ins (Artillery Cover used to be absolutely broken against heavy tanks, not sure now that is has been nerfed, and the rocket strafe from the other commander is pretty good if it hits).

Edit: sorry, misread, I suppose you didn't have PIAT's. Well, the rest still stands.
16 Mar 2016, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 10:23 AMElik

Usualy i using AT rifle with general. Are you shure than PIATs are better against KT?

BOYS AT rifle does almost nothing to anything bigger then Luchs.

PIAT deals 80 dmg on deflection, 120 on penetration, it has fairly high penetration and range, KT is big and slow tank which means PIATs are actually able to hit it.

Basically, PIATs are made to counter units like that.
16 Mar 2016, 13:08 PM

@OP the scenario you described makes no sense to me. Do you have a replay?

The KT is extremely vulnerable to even a single Firefly, and if you had tons of piats you should have been able to shower it in handheld AT which would have consumed its health in no time.

Also if you had a comet, which should outrange the KT, and should be faster than it, you can easily run behind it and shoot it quickly before departing as the turret comes around.

FYI, I rate the IS-2 better than the KT against tanks, and if it hits, against infantry.

Your descriptions sounds like you thought you were about to win, but you failed to anticipate that your opponent had not yet spent any fuel on tanks and was apparently floating tons of MP so really you only beat half his army. When he came back you still should have been able to out maneuver him but it appears you panicked attacked with everything from the front let the KT blow them away and then ended up with nothing.

Try anticipating your opponents moves better, it wasn't that the KT was too good to for you to win.
16 Mar 2016, 17:11 PM
Donator 11

he had tons of boys at, so no at.

well, if a unit hardcounters your army (which the KT did), you will lose a lot of stuff against it
16 Mar 2016, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 10:02 AMElik
I play 1 vs 1. And recently there was such case:
Played for the British, was the success variable, called the crocodile, and together with 6 squads of anti-infantry(at the end decided to spam 'em as the Germans spam grenadiers) and with the support of the centaur, the comet and the crocodile to finish off my opponent. All went well, all the enemy infantry were either destroyed or fled. Were only a couple of sad little dinged up squad. But here comes king tiger and all my strength was spent to get -33%!!! its HP! The game was 1 vs 1. Of course we are not talking about any 17 pounder guns, not about any developments anti-tank guns, no rage comets, etc. In those conditions, my army was able to carry ANY. But the German called KT and GG. How to deal with them? The British churchill was nerfed. Before he could counter KT, to hold his shot until the comet and anti-tank guns inflicted damage. IS-2 is not even close as effective as KT. ISU-152 and IS-2 makes its way safely all the German guns, except that light tanks can't break through.

How to deal with them?

PS Why the official forums on the website Company of Heroes 2 is still closed? Promised to open in January.

You must go for fast Cromwell, and multiple Cromwells if you can to force your opponent to spend fuel and not to rush for KT, and even if he manages to do that FireFly deals with KT very well, and I assume you always have one 1 pdr to support as well, so not much KT can do really if you play it well. But after all KT is always an extremely strong unit as it should be, cause costs so much

Just always try to keep your FireFly distance with KT so that your FireFly still stays in firing range but KT can't fire back, remember KT kills full health FireFly in 3 shots, also remember that FireFly has about 10 seconds reload time so you can use it similar to sniper if there are shot blockers (fire, pull back for reload, go forward to fire again)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 47
unknown 12
Germany 8
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L